The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Christmas lights (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15265)

m.messenger 12-27-2003 09:15 AM

Christmas lights

Happy New Year to one & all

Between the headlights is a strange bone shaped clear plastic lens, which looks as though it ought to be internally lit -so I did, by drilling a hole in one end, sealed with a rubber gland, and fitted a white light 250mm LED bar from Maplin electronics - wired into the sidelights: as long as it is white and doesn't wink or blink, it's legal for MOT etc. The result is rather jolly and disturbs enough cars in front on the motorway that it's better than a flashed headlamp. Only trouble is it shows how yellow is the normal tone of the dipped/sidelights.

ensteele 12-27-2003 11:34 AM

Post a picture of it if you can. I would like to see what it looks like. I have seen other colors in there, but they would not be legal. Thanks :)

Andy 12-27-2003 04:16 PM

Sounds nice, could you give me the catalogue number as I can't find it.

Thanks

m.messenger 12-28-2003 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Night shots of the LED front central light - it shows up better than these pics - sidelights,dipped beam and full beam - show as it fills the plastic lens. It's not a factory item, but a 'wand' fitting such as you can get in an electronics store or a fancy trick car shop for underlighting your dashboard!

I also tried to trace the headlamp washer tubing but it goes into hiding in the offside wing.

m.messenger 12-28-2003 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
messed up the jpeg attachment for the front central LED so this is the dipped view.

m.messenger 12-28-2003 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and this is the sidelight view....

svxistentialist 12-30-2003 06:21 AM

Looks nice mm.

There is a law here on the statute books in Ireland that states you may not have an uneven number of lights to the front. 2 is OK, as is 4, or 6 as per our SVX, but an extra one in the middle contravenes that particular law.

It is not a law they follow up, so it would be tolerated, so long as you did not meet the wrong cop on a bad day.

Or night.

Joe:)

Aredubjay 12-30-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Looks nice mm.

There is a law here on the statute books in Ireland that states you may not have an uneven number of lights to the front. 2 is OK, as is 4, or 6 as per our SVX, but an extra one in the middle contravenes that particular law.

It is not a law they follow up, so it would be tolerated, so long as you did not meet the wrong cop on a bad day.

Or night.

Just drill holes through the back and install 2 (two) 100 W Hella Flame Throwers. :D That would give you 8 lights. :D:D:D

svxistentialist 12-30-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Just drill holes through the back and install 2 (two) 100 W Hella Flame Throwers. :D That would give you 8 lights. :D:D:D

And melt the waterfall!!!

:D :D

Aredubjay 12-30-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

And melt the waterfall!!!

Yeah. That's it. Start a new artform. Art Demo(lition) :)

svxistentialist 12-31-2003 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah. That's it. Start a new artform. Art Demo(lition) :)

I'm all for it as a way to Deco rate the grill.:p

We have to be careful what we advise in case if lightigation.

:rolleyes:

Aredubjay 12-31-2003 07:42 AM

Quote:

I'm all for it as a way to Deco rate the grill.:p

We have to be careful what we advise in case if lightigation.

:rolleyes:

A very bright observation, my dear sun. :p :D

svxistentialist 12-31-2003 08:27 AM

Wan has to be circumspect.

Came to me in the blink of an aye.

We all need to lighten up around here.

Where's Ron, when you need one?:D :D

OFF TOPIC:

Ever hear about Taylor guitars? Made in the US, well put together, they sound and play great. Just wondered if you heard anything bad about them, before I blow my savings.:D

Andy 12-31-2003 09:40 AM

You play it, I'll hum it

m.messenger 12-31-2003 10:03 AM

I've counted the number of individual LEDs - there are 26, which is an even number, and by the time the Gardai have got on their hands and knees to count them they'll get bored - or you could fit two short 10 LED ones - or always stay in front of Irish police cars.