The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bloody Tea Leaves!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=945)

svxistentialist 07-20-2001 03:58 PM

Bloody Tea Leaves!!

My wife Ann had the SVX today, I am trying to keep down the miles till I get the box fixed.

While it was in a car park near her work, some thieving b'stardos tried to steal it. The lock on the passenger door is wrecked by a screwdriver, and when that didn't work, they screwdrivered behind the latch to get to the lock lever. The passenger door is wrecked!!

I am really well p'd off. This is some way to start the weekend!!

Joe:mad:

oneothefewproud 07-20-2001 04:02 PM

Joe,

My condolences. Terrible way to start the weekend.

Good Luck.

Wayne

PS A couple of messages over on the Yahoo site are saying they have cars for parts. Check over there if you cant find parts across the pond.

Caio

Seraph 07-20-2001 04:04 PM

Sorry to hear that Joe. And the moron who tried to steal the SVX MUST be a moron since there are so few SVXes around.
Lwin

Aredubjay 07-20-2001 04:05 PM

Re: Bloody Tea Leaves!!

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
My wife Ann had the SVX today, I am trying to keep down the miles till I get the box fixed.

While it was in a car park near her work, some thieving b'stardos tried to steal it. The lock on the passenger door is wrecked by a screwdriver, and when that didn't work, they screwdrivered behind the latch to get to the lock lever. The passenger door is wrecked!!

I am really well p'd off. This is some way to start the weekend!!

Joe:mad:

Joe,
If you weren't so damned far away, I'd personally help you hunt the b**tards down and castrate them. There's absolutely no sense in that type of destruction. Sheesh! I can only imagine how I'd feel in such a circumstance.

I certainly hope your weekend gets better.

svxistentialist 07-20-2001 04:28 PM

Carsick

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the kind thoughts and feel a little better already. In retrospect, I would feel 50 times worse if they got into it and got away. They would be joy-riders, and would just have fun in it and then burn it out.

I am already making strides to a security shop to get an alarm sorted.

Won't need parts, I hope, Wayne, except the lock barrel, which will have to come new. It will definitely need a body shop though.

Joe:(

SVXphile 07-20-2001 06:41 PM

more carsick..

<They would be joy-riders, and would just have fun in it and then burn it out.>

Burn it out.....the mere thought of THAT is causing my dinner to want to return to its point of origin!:(
Sorry to hear of your bad luck; may she be back to her original beauty in no time!:) Don

Jamsvx 07-21-2001 02:18 AM

I am so sorry to hear about the &^%&^%&% who defiled your car, your property and indeed, your right to have ones possessions remain yours and yours alone.

I am sure a number of us on here, bicycle chains in hand, would be very persuasive if we could find the transgressors - heightened only if we stuck 'plans' of passive 4ws SVX's in their hands before we set Eddycat on them!!:D

Again, my condolences.

James

svxistentialist 07-21-2001 03:43 AM

Chain gang

Thanks Don, James,

I'm off to see what a panel beater friend of mine has to say about the damage and the lock, and the new alarm is more of a priority than it was.

See y'all later, sympathy appreciated.

Joe, weak:)