The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C to F change (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26347)

tailgatewagon 05-22-2005 03:09 PM

C to F change

well i was messing around checking and clearing the codes on my 94 svx. and i see a little white connector that hooked togethere, hum i unplug it and continue, well low and behold it changes the temp control to C insted of F, anyway probably old news but cool anyway.

sharky512345 05-22-2005 11:17 PM

At first i thought you were asking how to do this and I was happy cause I actually knew the answer. :) But then I realized you knew how :o :(

:p

SVX_MY_BABY 05-23-2005 02:19 PM

Now if we could only figue out how to make the Celcius setting work in half degrees. 21 is too warm and 20 is too cool :cool:

Earthworm 05-23-2005 03:57 PM

For me I usually leave it on 21 but sometimes 22.

NeedForSpeed 05-23-2005 04:08 PM

If you switched it to F, would the system give you something between, or just the same increments onlly labeled in F instead of in C?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY
Now if we could only figue out how to make the Celcius setting work in half degrees. 21 is too warm and 20 is too cool :cool:

Earthworm 05-23-2005 06:22 PM

Keeping it in °F will give you more adjustments than °C

Now if we could only take the HVAC brain from a Nissan Altima and wire it into the SVX we wouldn't have this problem. A friend bought a 2002 Altima 3.5 and his temperature adjusts in 0.5°C increments.

oab_au 05-23-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm

Now if we could only take the HVAC brain from a Nissan Altima and wire it into the SVX we wouldn't have this problem. A friend bought a 2002 Altima 3.5 and his temperature adjusts in 0.5°C increments.

Hi Dave, my 95 Australian model uses Celcius, and adjusts in 0.5degs steps, set at 22.5 degs C.

Harvey ;)

NeedForSpeed 05-23-2005 06:42 PM

Okay, so what's the trick to go from C to F? Is there a wire on non-US cars that can be plugged in to get to F? Are all non-US spec cars in Celcius?

Quote:

THAWA 05-24-2005 12:24 AM

Quote:

I think what he was asking was, it shows the different adjustments, but does it actually change it for each degree of F or does it change it for each degree of C regardless of what it is displaying?

SVX_MY_BABY 05-24-2005 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au
Hi Dave, my 95 Australian model uses Celcius, and adjusts in 0.5degs steps, set at 22.5 degs C.

Harvey ;)

Now this is interesting. I wonder if we can modify our's or would have to replace the entire unit.

SVX_MY_BABY 05-24-2005 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
If you switched it to F, would the system give you something between, or just the same increments onlly labeled in F instead of in C?

I've often wondered about this, but have a hard time wrapping my head around F, so never bothered to try it. Seems Earthworm has.

Clydesvx 05-24-2005 07:00 AM

This C to F and Standard to Metric confuses me also.
That's why I bought METRINCH tools!!

Earthworm 05-24-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au

The US/CAN SVX's don't have a ".5" on the readout. Each press for us moves 1° regardless C/F. I doubt we would be able to easily fit the JDM unit in our model.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Okay, so what's the trick to go from C to F? Is there a wire on non-US cars that can be plugged in to get to F? Are all non-US spec cars in Celcius?

The wire is hidden behind the driver's kick panel. It's a single black wire with a white stripe. If it's connected it will show °F and unplugged will show °C.
Quote:

Originally Posted by THAWA
I think what he was asking was, it shows the different adjustments, but does it actually change it for each degree of F or does it change it for each degree of C regardless of what it is displaying?

One way to find out is set it to as close to ambient as possible and see if settings change when you adjust by 1°F.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY
Now this is interesting. I wonder if we can modify our's or would have to replace the entire unit.

It may be possible to modify but we'd never see the .5 indicated.

I understand °F but I think in °C.

F=(9*C)/5 + 32
C=(F-32)*5/9