The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thank you for your donations. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54123)

JaySVX 04-18-2010 01:22 PM

Thank you for your donations.

I didn't think it was possible, but I actually left reading with more alcohol than I showed up with.

I came with a 6-pack and 3 strays.

I left with approximately 2 cases of beer, 3 bottles of juice, and a bottle of liquer.

I tried to find their owners, but no one came forward.

Show up to Reading with a fridge, and people will stock it for you, apparently.

Thanks everyone!

Great reading too, I had a blast. The people, the drinks, the conversations, I didn't get as much time there due to life restrictions, but the time I was there I made the most of. Hope to see you all next year!

green_eyed_lady 04-18-2010 03:37 PM

Re: Thank you for your donations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 643267)
I didn't think it was possible, but I actually left reading with more alcohol than I showed up with.

I left with approximately 2 cases of beer, 3 bottles of juice, and a bottle of liquer.

Thanks everyone!

Great reading too, I had a blast. The people, the drinks, the conversations, I didn't get as much time there due to life restrictions, but the time I was there I made the most of. Hope to see you all next year!

Hey, no problem, you really saved the day with your WinneBAYgo! Thanks for sharing your warmth. ;)

LetItSnow 04-18-2010 04:11 PM

Surely, it was a fair return for that box on tires having salvaged Saturday evening's outdoor activities! Who knew? :D

benebob 04-18-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 643267)

Thanks everyone!

That's not the only thing that is stocked. Might want to check that toilet!:p:eek:

Tim 04-18-2010 06:39 PM

I'm not sure why, but everyone was really anticipating using the bathroom. Made for a shorter trip instead of going to the hotel. :D

JaySVX 04-18-2010 07:04 PM

Unfortunately the water system was not ready, as the previous owner did not properly winterize it, and a plastic housing burst. Pressurizing the water system would make quite a mess.