The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hi all, a new SVX owner here (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10917)

Tarostar 05-21-2003 06:04 PM

Hi all, a new SVX owner here

Well, Im new, the car isn't of course. I recently purchased a Black 1994 LSi. I fell in love with the SVX a couple of months ago and finally found the one for me. Ive been reading your network for a few days and it's nice to become an active member. The one concern (as with many other people) is that the transmission may go in the future, even though it feels fine right now. If it were to go, I am giving serious thought into putting in a 5-speed, as some of you have done. Although I have scanned through the past posts concerning doing this, I have not been able to see an estimate on the cost of having this done by someone else. Can anyone answer this question for me? Thanks for your help and it is nice to be here.

svxeno 05-21-2003 06:25 PM

Here is the best known link for this.

Welcome and enjoy.

http://smallcar.com/svx/index.htm

Randy ii

Landshark 05-21-2003 06:45 PM

welcome! you could help matters by installing a tranny cooler and external filter/tranny temp gauge, as well as throwing some synthetic tranny fluid in. a temp gauge is helpful, because on a hot day going up a hill, you can watch the temp climb and then maybe "take it easy" a little until the temp comes down. also driving around town in '3' as opposed to 'D' if you're going under 50-60-ish will keep the tranny from hunting around the gears, reducing heat and wear. enjoy that SVX!

ensteele 05-21-2003 10:51 PM

Welcome to the network. This is a great site to get answers to questions that you have. :)

ensteele 05-21-2003 10:52 PM

Small Car also has a unit (Stage I shift Kit) that will help give you crisper shifts and will help slow the wear on the tranny. There is information on their site about it. Some of the members have installed this unit and feel that it helps. :)

Mr. Pockets 05-21-2003 10:54 PM

Welcome to the network. I hope your SVX serves you as well as mine has served mine. Please post some photos of the car in your personal locker as soon as you can. :)

LarryIII 05-22-2003 04:23 AM

Welcome to the SVX family. Stop worrying about your tranny and enjoy the ride. Put in an ATF filter kit, and auxilliary ATF cooler and relax. We have 3 SVXes and put synthetic ATF in all of them.
What is the milage on your SVX and where in central PA are you located?

I hope your SVX brings you as much joy as ours do.

svxistentialist 05-22-2003 05:15 AM

Welcome Tarostar.

Do as the guys suggest, relax and enjoy the car. Do the preventatives. You only hear the hard luck stories on here. Some guys have no tranny trouble forever, and you won't hear from them , because they are out driving, smiling from ear to ear.

Enjoy, and again, welcome.

Joe:D

Tarostar 05-22-2003 06:17 AM

Sounds like good advice, thanks guys. Im in State College, Pa and the car has 80k.

SHISVX 05-22-2003 11:12 AM

welcome to the nuthouse

your svx is a baby, treat her well!

Kelli

Aredubjay 05-22-2003 11:27 AM

Looks like all your other questions have been answered. So, I'll just add to the Hi Y'all, and Welcome!

Uncamitzi 05-22-2003 11:32 AM

Welcome

To the mix. Be sure to check out the Search button at the top of the page. You can spend days here reading about everything from polishing your headlights to what to feed your cat... ;)

benebob 05-22-2003 12:35 PM

New SVX

Welcome to the board. I was gonna ask where in PA but I see you posted it. There's a fair number of us Slvanians on the board so if you need anything just ask. If your tranny is running fine now the only thing I would do is get a tranny cooler and temp gauge and change your fluid religiously every15k or if you get it over 210 degrees. Check past posts for gauge and cooler options. Shouldn't cost more than $200 or so to get all this stuff done for the first time.

seasvx 05-22-2003 12:41 PM

Re: Hi all, a new SVX owner here

Quote:

Originally posted by Tarostar
I recently purchased a Black 1994 LSi.
...actually, you have an Ebony Pearl 1994 LSi... and they're the best! (it is remotely possible that i could be biased)

Tarostar 05-22-2003 12:51 PM

Re: Re: Hi all, a new SVX owner here

Quote:

Originally posted by seasvx
...actually, you have an Ebony Pearl 1994 LSi... and they're the best! (it is remotely possible that i could be biased)
My mistake :)