The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Feeler - Ground Control/Koni Suspension (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60654)

SVXMAN2001 10-02-2012 06:15 PM

Feeler - Ground Control/Koni Suspension

I am considering selling my Koni/GC suspension. The spring rates are F - 450; R 375. The strut housings have been painted silver.

I've had the setup for about 3 years now and have driven approximately 5k miles. The suspension functions flawlessly. The car corners, accelerates and brakes flat.

If anyone is interested please PM or post a reasonable offer. Thanks in advance.

Wikedjuggalo 10-02-2012 08:13 PM

Re: Feeler - Ground Control/Koni Suspension

I might be interested but I am not comfortable giving a number as I feel it will be insulting. Let me dwell on it a bit and see if anyone else is interested. If you already have a number in your head PM me.

jman050 10-05-2012 07:59 AM

Is there any lowering to the springs?

SVXMAN2001 10-05-2012 11:13 AM

Yes there is full lowering capability to the springs. As low as you want to go.

Huskymaniac 10-05-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 (Post 712854)
I am considering selling my Koni/GC suspension. The spring rates are F - 450; R 375. The strut housings have been painted silver.

I've had the setup for about 3 years now and have driven approximately 5k miles. The suspension functions flawlessly. The car corners, accelerates and brakes flat.

If anyone is interested please PM or post a reasonable offer. Thanks in advance.

Are the Konis leaking yet? How do those spring rates compare to stock? Are you willing to sell the struts separate?

92 SVX 10-05-2012 02:53 PM

The spring rates are 450 front 375 rear that's at least three times rougher then the stock stock is 140 maybe I don't know for sure you would not be able to use those for stocks set up with stock springs because the Springperch has to be cut off and a smaller one put on for the ground control

icingdeath88 10-05-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 713016)
Are the Konis leaking yet? How do those spring rates compare to stock? Are you willing to sell the struts separate?

It is very possible to get different rate springs from ground control (actually other sources that are the same diameter and similar height will also fit). Just gotta call them and see what size the SVX kit was.

SVXMAN2001 10-06-2012 08:14 AM

Yes, spring rates are 450/375. I am not in selling just the inserts. This comes as one complete package -->simply remove old setup and then install this one.

The strut housing's will only fit the koni/gc setup. Perch was modified. And yes you can certainly get less stiff springs. I spoke with Mark with GC a few months ago and he indicated I could go as low as 300 in the front and 200 in the rear. So certainly an option to go lower if rideability is your concern.

To be honest, I was not very happy with the ride when I first installed this setup. Too harsh for me. However, I rarely drive the car and maybe the system is just settling in. But more recently and just yesterday the ride was much more comfortable. I think I may have blamed the koni/gc for other suspension issues that I have recently fixed.

The ride itself is solid. No brake or acceleration dive. The car corners flat. Plus the ability to eliminate the fender gap is a huge plus for me.