The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Canadian Forums (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Duncan, BC (Vancouver Island) Spring Bar-B-Que (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44517)

bcpianoman 04-27-2008 03:16 PM

Duncan, BC (Vancouver Island) Spring Bar-B-Que

I posted this before in the Van/Van Island thread but got only one interested party so I thought I'd try it again in a separate thread.

I live in Duncan (about a 45 minute drive north of Victoria on Vancouver Island). I'd like to host a Bar-B-Que soon. I'm thinking a Saturday or a Sunday sometime between the third weekend in May and the second weekend in June.

The agenda could start with a car wash/detail about noon, then a drive through the Cowichan Valley and food at about 5:00.

I'll supply steaks and burgers. Salads and dessert could be pot luck.

There's a large grassed area for kids to play. As well, there's a horseshoe pitch and a fire pit.

If you're interested, add a post with your suggestion as to the date.

Cynic 04-27-2008 11:16 PM

You know I'll be there...:)
Always up for a wash and ride.

fuji4me 04-28-2008 10:56 PM

I'll be there even if I have to take my wife's Legacy. (kidding)
Marte

fuji4me 04-29-2008 10:02 PM

As for which weekend, the last two weekends in May or the first weekend in June would work for me. Saturday or Sunday doesn't matter. Pick a sunny day!;)

Cynic 05-11-2008 01:04 AM

What about the Monday of the long weekend coming up?
Is Strife going to come? And will your sons be around? (Colin is thinking of coming with his 240)
Where are all the Vancouver SVX's??? You always see them for sale on Craig's List, but never see the owners on here. :confused:
See ya soon.

MiniGuy77 05-11-2008 03:23 PM

y hallo thar.

now you do...sorta...

Cynic 05-12-2008 08:43 AM

Hello Mini :)

bcpianoman 05-12-2008 09:50 PM

June 1st?

I've been watching the weather rather closely but Mother Nature hasn't been very co-operative. I was hoping we'd have consistently good weather by now but no such luck.

Does Sunday, June 1st work for most people?

MiniGuy77 05-12-2008 10:17 PM

i heard that by the end of this week, there will be a heat wave.... might happen...but i don't think there could be an accurate forecast weeks in advance....

btw: im new to this whole idea....as essentially im new to these forums.(never had done anything like this...i dunno where to begin to ask questions)

fuji4me 05-12-2008 10:18 PM

June 1st?

Works for me.

Cynic 05-12-2008 11:18 PM

I'll check at work tomorrow for the 1st.

Mini, what questions have you got? When I first got my SVX, I was heading up island to see Jack (bcpianoman) within the first month, I believe. Had a lot of my questions answered that day! :) And this forum has great people with so much knowledge on these cars, who are all incredibly helpful and sharing. Just post your questions, problems, or stories, and someone will chime in...:D

bcpianoman 05-18-2008 10:41 PM

June 1st it is.

The bar-b-que is set for Sunday, June 1st with a start time of about noon. The address is 4742 Fairbridge Drive, Duncan. PM me if you need directions.

I thought we could meet, have a quick lunch (I'll make sandwiches), wash some cars if you want and take a few pictures. Maybe a drive through part of the Cowichan Valley about 2:00 would be a good idea. It’s a nice drive through Cowichan Bay, Crofton, Chemainus and Saltaire. Then back home for the bar-b-que.

There’s a large grassy area for kids to play baseball or whatever, and a 15-foot (diameter) 3-foot deep above-ground pool for kids to splash around in. If it starts to rain, we can still stay dry under a large gazebo.

I’ll supply the steaks, orzo and my wife’s barley dish. Let me know if you’d prefer burgers. I’ll also have cold soft drinks and a cold beer or two for those not driving. Maybe people coming could bring salads and desserts?

If you’d like to come, please chime in here and tell me how many people you’re bringing so I’ll know how many steaks to buy.

Cynic 05-19-2008 10:13 AM

I'll confirm with Hubby and son today, but last I heard it was 3 for us. And yes, we'll bring salad and some other goodies.

Whoopee, summer's here!

Cynthia

fuji4me 05-22-2008 11:32 PM

June 1st it is.

Sounds like a good day! I'll be there, probably by myself as my girls don't really have much interest in cars. (at all) I'll bring a desert. Looking forward to the drive, I've been back and forth to Nanaimo hundreds of times but never really been off the highway.
Marte

Earthworm 05-23-2008 07:20 AM

New location: Winnipeg

Just kidding. I wish I could make it but the drive is a little too much for me.