The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   l ls lsl how can you tell (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40501)

themoneypit 08-28-2007 03:07 AM

l ls lsl how can you tell

not sure which option package mine has. wonderin how you tell. or is there a link on here to find out?

Manarius 08-28-2007 04:52 AM

Power Driver's Seat, Leather, Sunroof, 6 speaker system, heated mirrors are denotations of the LS-L package.

JaySVX 08-28-2007 05:11 AM

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html

Has a good breakdown of all the years and features of different packages.

green_eyed_lady 08-28-2007 08:13 AM

Can't always judge a book by its cover

I would say to check the VIN #. The first 5 numbers will always be "JF1CX", after that there is USUALLY a "3", for the 3.3 engine, but it appears they used an "8" in some of the '97s :confused:. The 7th digit tells what model it is - if your cars are both '92s, a "5" is for the LS-L, I think a "4" would be the LS (base) model. Sometimes it's hard to tell just from looking because a lot of things, like spoilers, were optional.

ensteele 08-28-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
Power Driver's Seat, Leather, Sunroof, 6 speaker system, heated mirrors are denotations of the LS-L package.

also the CD player. :) :)

Manarius 08-28-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
also the CD player. :) :)

Didn't think I needed to mention everything :rolleyes: :p

themoneypit 08-28-2007 07:14 PM

cool thanks. my pearly is an ls, but the parts car has the touring package with real clean leather gut, and the cd changer (thats why i bought it) not to mention all the other parts are good to have.
you guys prob seen it on ebay a few times in torrington CT a "basket case" the guy pulled the trans and other things to do a 5spd swap and never finished. so i ended up with the parts car, all parts and all the 5spd swap parts except for the clutch all for 700 bux delivered to my house :D . the interior on the pearly is mint and xtra clean too so no rush to put the leather in it just yet.
is there a plug under the carpet on the ls for the power leather seat? just curious so when i do swap it. im sure theres gotta be.

Hondasucks 08-28-2007 10:23 PM

So does having leather make it an LS-L? Only thing I know about the one I'm getting is that it has gray leather interior :-P I'm hopin it's got all the cool options but if it doesn't oh well I guess I'll have to buy another one :-) I'm hopin the wife likes it enough that I can buy her one instead of a WRX or Outback as those are a bit more expensive lol...

It's Just Eric 08-28-2007 10:32 PM

Yes, the wires for the power seats are there
and yeah, unless they did a seat swap, the one your going to buy is fuly loaded

Now...let me get this straight...It has everything it needs for a 5 speed swap except a clutch...it's fully loaded...and your using it for a parts car? Unless Im missing something here...wouldnt it be better sell the ls, and use the money for a clutch, and another parts car...and some other stuff?;) The touring package just makes the car feel so much less...cheap. Not only because there's real leather all over, but the steering is diffrent, the glass is tinted,the sunroof,..the security system, ect. ect.ect.....

Hondasucks 08-29-2007 11:54 PM

w00000t

well I just found out today that it's got all the options :banana: Still don't know what color it is, although the thing I read said that gray interior came on white and blue cars, but I just saw a picture of a black on with gray interior.. bah!
He said the only option it didn't have was the rear spoiler, but the previous owner had one installed...

Now the crappy part is the guy I bought it from moved to SoCal and the guy who's house it's at won't be back in Corvallis until the first week of October :angst:

but it's mine :-) so I guess I can throw in some more dancing bananas
:banana::banana::banana:

themoneypit 08-30-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Now...let me get this straight...It has everything it needs for a 5 speed swap except a clutch...it's fully loaded...and your using it for a parts car? Unless Im missing something here...wouldnt it be better sell the ls, and use the money for a clutch, and another parts car...and some other stuff?;) The touring package just makes the car feel so much less...cheap. Not only because there's real leather all over, but the steering is diffrent, the glass is tinted,the sunroof,..the security system, ect. ect.ect.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...156875964&rd=1 here it is, its a basket case. i got the car, palet full of parts, and trannys and a rear diff. i figure, once my ls blows the tranny maybe put the 5spd swap into that. atleast i know what ive got with that car because i drive it. if i get crazy ill put the leather gut in it and cd player. as far as the sunroof goes, my xt6 never had one so not like ill miss it.
The ls has a few options too like the 6speaker stereo, factory alarm, rear spoiler to name a few.

themoneypit 08-30-2007 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and heres my LS

crazyhorse 08-30-2007 04:01 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Pearly:cool:

halistan 09-02-2007 10:05 AM

from what i know...

The L is the stripped down model

The LS has all the options.

The LS-L was only used for the 20th anniversary edition which came in Barcelona Red and called the LS-L

The easiest way to tell an L from an LS is to look for a sunroof. No sunroof...it was originally an L.

~Ray

shotking 09-02-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halistan (Post 490822)
The L is the stripped down model

The LS has all the options.

The LS-L was only used for the 20th anniversary edition which came in Barcelona Red and called the LS-L

The easiest way to tell an L from an LS is to look for a sunroof. No sunroof...it was originally an L.

~Ray

I don't believe you are correct.