The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Transmission and Drivetrain (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Kartboy Shifter for 5mt (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24040)

TomsSVX 01-24-2005 05:03 PM

Kartboy Shifter for 5mt

I was taking a shot in the dark when I order my shifter and bushing. I was basically just hoping it would fit and work with my linkage. Well it turns out everything lined up perfectly and all I have to say is WOW!! The precision of the shifts and the rigidity of them is absolutely amazing. I would suggest anyone to get this packaged deal it is astonishing.

CigarJohnny 01-24-2005 06:26 PM

What exactly is included with the shifter in the "package" deal? You have a link to where you purchased the goods?

Johnny

TomsSVX 01-24-2005 06:38 PM

Just the shifter and the new bushing.

Heres the site
http://www.allwheelengineering.com/b...ss=KB-002-1997

Chiketkd 01-24-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tomssvx
Just the shifter and the new bushing.

Heres the site
http://www.allwheelengineering.com/b...ss=KB-002-1997

Nice! Glad you like the improved shifting!!!

Btw, what ever happened with your rear quarter panel? Did you get another one off of Ebay or have a body shop fix it?

-Chike

svxsubaru1 01-24-2005 06:56 PM

Just wondering what shifting linkage did you use and what year?

TomsSVX 01-24-2005 06:58 PM

still all messed up. The person wanted 180 dollars for shipping plus the 95 it sold for is more than it would cost to get it from subaruparts.com. So i bailed on that. Body work will be done by your's truely once i get out of school for the summer. I am debating getting a bumper cover for the front or to get a bra to cover it. BTW Chike i got the clear headlights and corner lights as a Xmas gift and they look frigin awsome, you should invest in them and a 97 grille. Those are my plans at least. Also, when are we gonna drag? you comming out to ATCO this spring to get your butt whipped?:p :p

TomsSVX 01-24-2005 07:00 PM

I was lucky enough not to have to do the swap. I bought the car already done. Anyway, i bleieve it was a 91 legacy box and parts from the same car. hope that helps.

Chiketkd 01-24-2005 07:12 PM

Quote:

still all messed up. The person wanted 180 dollars for shipping plus the 95 it sold for is more than it would cost to get it from subaruparts.com. So i bailed on that. Body work will be done by your's truely once i get out of school for the summer. I am debating getting a bumper cover for the front or to get a bra to cover it. BTW Chike i got the clear headlights and corner lights as a Xmas gift and they look frigin awsome, you should invest in them and a 97 grille. Those are my plans at least. Also, when are we gonna drag? you comming out to ATCO this spring to get your butt whipped?:p :p
Ha ha ha! When are you going to get your PWR aluminum radiator installed btw?

I plan on getting the smallcar grille instead of the '97, but it may not happen until the summer. Still finishing up my Winter mods. ;)

Not sure about Atco, but if there's drag racing at Reading then we'll have at it. My money will be on your car. :p 4 gears in an automatic trans are no match for 5 in a manual...

-Chike

TomsSVX 01-24-2005 07:14 PM

i do hope there is drag racing there as it is fun as hell. I hope the PWR Radiator will be here by then. Since Chris has gotten his, no word on final production has been heard and I am 1st on the list of recipients. I am still waiting patiently. I am also getting the silicone hoses from dayle which should keep me cool, no pun intended. Well i am getting antsy for reading how bout u?

Chiketkd 01-24-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Well i am getting antsy for reading how bout u?
I'm still not 100% sure I'll be there yet. But we'll see how things go in the coming months. Whether there's drag racing will be a pivotal factor in my final decision... ;)

-Chike

TomsSVX 01-25-2005 08:12 AM

im gonna check to see if that is one of the activities. I have only been to the two meets I have held and i have had a good time with only a few people. I think a huge group like that will be a good time.

svxsubaru1 01-25-2005 10:36 AM

really sounds great, just wondering which one you bought. Was it for the impreza, forseter, ect?

TomsSVX 01-25-2005 11:13 AM

i bought the one for the 97+ legacy. I figured sine my trans was a legacy model there was little difference in the years. turns out I was relatively correct in that assumption.

Earthworm 01-27-2005 04:19 PM

I will have to look into this upgrade. I think GreenMarineSVX upgraded his shifter bushings as well.

My plans are to upgrade my engine mounts, transmission mount, pitch stopper and clutch hose first.

TomsSVX 01-27-2005 05:30 PM

if you find a way to upgrade the motor mounts let me know. I would love to get the STi trans mount and stiff motor mounts. When we did the twin turbo swap in my bro's tt 300zx i notice that we have similar mounts but since it has been a while since then(2years) i cannot recall the specific features of this. If anyone has extra time they might want to look into it.