The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Mini Project (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27855)

kamyar 08-12-2005 10:49 PM

New Mini Project

Hows everyone doing?

I'm fairy new to this forum but i'm excited tonight so i signed up and I'm posting.

Just got my hands on a Maroon 1992 LS (I presume its an ls for it has a sunroof/leather) SVX AWD with a cool 170 K miles on it. I know the engine has been replaced and the tranni seems to shift good so most likely that has been replaced as well.

It has a few dings and rust spots but i can take care of those myself.

as to some of the mechanical issues, i have a great subaru technician who is very reluctant and personally doesn't like SVX's but i'm sure will be willing to give a helping hand.

So yes. i'll post some pictures this coming week and hopfully as it comes along within the next few months i'll try and keep you guys updated.

thats all :)

actually i have one question.

I've read here about the Carbon Fiber hoods and It'd be nice to get my hands on one but I dont think I can.

is there anywhere where simple Hood Scoops are sold? I'm figuring that i'll be painting my hood anyways and i wouldn't minding attatching and Fiberglassing a hoodscoop on it and then painting it.

thank you,

great forum here. a ton of information.

kam

thundering02 08-12-2005 10:55 PM

LS-L with the leather and such the bountiful amenities. Also welcome to the site and for the carbon fiber bits contact Dayle at Motorsportswarehouse.com

Budfreak 08-13-2005 04:59 AM

welcome to the club! it's an ls-l with leather and sunroof. if you want a whole hood then dayle is the person you need. if you just want a hood scoop then jc whitney and summit racing have wrx hoodscoops you can put on. good luck on the svx and enjoy owning it.

ensteele 08-14-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamyar
Hows everyone doing?

I'm fairy new to this forum but i'm excited tonight so i signed up and I'm posting.

Just got my hands on a Maroon 1992 LS (I presume its an ls for it has a sunroof/leather) SVX AWD with a cool 170 K miles on it. I know the engine has been replaced and the tranni seems to shift good so most likely that has been replaced as well.

It has a few dings and rust spots but i can take care of those myself.

as to some of the mechanical issues, i have a great subaru technician who is very reluctant and personally doesn't like SVX's but i'm sure will be willing to give a helping hand.

If your tech doesn't like them, then I think I would find another one who does. If you don't, you may find that he will cost you more than it is worth. The work needs to be done carefully and properly. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamyar
I've read here about the Carbon Fiber hoods and It'd be nice to get my hands on one but I dont think I can.

is there anywhere where simple Hood Scoops are sold? I'm figuring that i'll be painting my hood anyways and i wouldn't minding attatching and Fiberglassing a hoodscoop on it and then painting it.

kam

Check out Motorsports for the parts that you are looking for. Good luck.