The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your most obscure SVX item? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16081)

JeffN 01-30-2004 06:06 PM

What's your most obscure SVX item?

I have an svx engine crate side on my garage wall and wondered if anyone else had wacko paraphernalia...

halistan 01-30-2004 10:28 PM

I have a 12"x14" full color booklet of the 1992 SVX. Its sort of a brochure that talks a little bit about how the car came about and its relation to older models like the XT and the Legacy. Its full color and pretty nice. I also have a copy of the Road and Track Guide to the SVX but i think just about everyone has one of those here. Oh, and by saying that i have one I don't mean i have it on hand. I loaned it to Amy down in San Antonio oh....like 2 YEARS AGO! *hint hint Amy* So right now i techinically own it...its just not in my possesion.

~Ray

~*~JenSVX~*~ 01-30-2004 10:37 PM

My boyfriend has the subaru sheet metal from under the SVX hood... The part with the subaru imprint on it... I think its like 3-4 inches tall and maybe 12 inches long... It's from his first car (a claret). It hit a tree and was totalled so he kept it as a memory. I think its pretty cool.

Jen:)

NapaBavarian 01-30-2004 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by halistan
I also have a copy of the Road and Track Guide to the SVX but i think just about everyone has one of those here.
~Ray

I remember when those first came in the mail... I pulled it out after experienceing my aunts honda accord for a couple days, didn't even open it, just said "damn Japanese cars" and tossed it:( :( :( Now I own one, and say damn Japanese traneys:rolleyes:

Jamsvx 01-31-2004 12:18 AM

I have the Subaru SVX S23A manual that was a pre-production binder given to US Subaru dealers outlining the upcoming 'SVX Coupe' with the model designation of 'S23A'

Very rare!

JeffN 01-31-2004 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian

and say damn Japanese traneys:rolleyes:

If it's any consolation, Acura CL-TLs have lousy trans also,,,

Green1995SVX 01-31-2004 08:30 AM

I have some dealer-only video tapes that feature the SVX, and a SVX "Sales Consultant's Guide" book. :)

Mike

lee 01-31-2004 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a custom stainless steel SVX toolbox.

OK, so maybe it isn't really custom, and maybe it's just a vinyl graphic :cool:

mikecg 01-31-2004 09:50 AM

Only thing I have is the origional rims. But they also have the origional tires from the factory. They still have desent tread left too.

svxeno 01-31-2004 11:34 AM

One genuine SVX promotional coffe cup.

Randy ii

ps: I have several SVX dents in my wallet but I don' t think that is all that unusual or obscure.

Aredubjay 01-31-2004 03:23 PM

I guess my "most" obscure is the SVX Prototype Brochure. For the record, I also have:

'92 SVX Pre-Debut Brochure
'92 SVX Showroom Brochure
'92 Promotional Coffee Mug with Pearl SVX :D
Post Card with a Pearl '92, announcing the SVX as one of Popular Mechanics "Design and Engineering Award" winners for 1992.
Original Promotional SVX Jacket
The original SVX "Owner's Manual on Videotape" that came with my car.
Original SVX Promotional SVX Note Pad

I also have *copies* of some of the other videos and a *remake* of an original SVX cap.

I also have other "odds and ends." Both cars have thier own Owner's manuals and the black SVX folder. One has the checklist and some other things (security feature directions for one -- which are wrong, by the way), and one of them has the original SVX penlight. I also have an original SVX tool kit (nothing special, by the way, but I had to have one after I found out it came with one. :D)

I also have a "Drive so fast, you'll get so many tickets, you'll lose your license" ad, from R&T, which is becoming more of a prophecy, than an ad. :rolleyes:

That's all I can think of, at the moment. :D

(OH, and two sets of GREY SVX floor mats, new, in the plastic -- no, I'm not sharing).

JENKIN 01-31-2004 08:14 PM

I have the "mario andretti drives" vhs tape from 94.
oops, that was an alfa 164- never mind.......

Subafreak 02-01-2004 01:58 PM

Well I have the 92 pre-release brochure.
A sales brochure for 94 and 97
A 92 owners manual
The 92 Technical overview
Pre-delivery inspection
and Climate cotrol system (that has some cool stuff in it)
Reference manuals.
A 20" by 70" coregated plastic SVX banner that they hung from the celings in the show room. (Thanks Dave)
A 25" by 30" pre-release poster with a claret SVX on it.
and of course the R&T guide.:cool:

red95svx 02-02-2004 08:35 AM

Road and Track Guide

20x70 SVX dealer showroom sign (to all the people I've given these to....you're welcome)

SVX Freedom Lease contract

1992 SVX dealer invitation postcards

PDI, Climate control, Owners Info VHS tapes and books (and copies on DVD)

SVX penlight from Owners Kit

Sticker from an old parts box that says "Headlight Assy. 23A"

Dealer 1993 Info sheet that introduces the 93 Anniversary models

Dave

crow_road75 02-02-2004 09:05 AM

The weirdest thing I've got thats SVX related is the small factory sticker on the inside of the windscreen, behind the rear-view mirror that perplexingly says:

"Only to be removed when the owner sees it"...

Those crazy Japanese. :D

Oh and some original UK specifcation owners manuals...

Jason
--