The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why have 230hp and AWD? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11791)

SubaSteevo 07-05-2003 09:41 PM

Why have 230hp and AWD?

Because people are stupid. I was on my way home from my girlfriend's house when some ***hole decided that 55 in a 50 was not quite fast enough for him. He flashed me (multiple times) with his high beams and began to ride my bumper. I noticed that he was in an Accord (body kit?), ha. I took the turn to take the detour towards my house and he decided to follow me. :mad: I did not appreciate this very much so I gunned it up the hill through a country club. He was still following close, till I hit about 15mph. Then it was all over and the 230hp AWD quasi-sportscar destroyed the 165hp FWD family car. I would just like to point out that I do not condone racing, but if someone is following you do what you must to get rid of them. I do not see what the need was for the other driver's actions. I hope noone on this board is that uncivilized that they would be that much of an *** because someone is not going as fast as you think they should...ESPECIALLY when they're already technically speeding. :(

P.S. The engine does sound very sweet now that the silencer is removed, I'd recomend that everyone do the same. It's amazing how huge that thing was.

Landshark 07-05-2003 10:04 PM

Re: Why have 230hp and AWD?

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
I was on my way home from my girlfriend's house when some ***hole decided that 55 in a 50 was not quite fast enough for him.
where you in the left lane?

SubaSteevo 07-05-2003 10:07 PM

Actually

Forgot to mention that, I was in the right lane on a two lane road so he could have just passed me.

Landshark 07-05-2003 10:17 PM

just checking. :) for situations like that, a handful of nickels "accidently" thrown behind you can let drivers know they are too close. ;)

SubaSteevo 07-05-2003 10:28 PM

Hmmm...

[examines full change tray...reaches for the quarters]

Bwana 07-05-2003 10:49 PM

maybe....it was a previous SVX owner, and wanted to talk to you! :p :p (yeah right...)

Maybe he wanted to race for money...judging from your story, you should have, lol.;)

p.s. i do not condone racing either....but i just got me @$$ whooped by a Talon TSi from a 30mph roll...shhhh

FifthElement 07-05-2003 10:56 PM

Remember the story about the girl who got all freaked out when the car following her began honking and flashing its lights? She attempted to lose the car through some risky driving, and eventually succeeded...but the unfortunate part was that the car behind her was just attempting to warn her about the man hiding on her back seat.

SVXdriver_007 07-05-2003 11:09 PM

oh now I thought you were going to say that it was the publishers clearing house prize patrol.

StaceyVX 07-05-2003 11:40 PM

Same thing happened to me today, almost. I was on a 1 lane road where the limit was 35. I was doing 45. Some family van behind me decided I wasn't going fast enough so he sped up and started to go next to me. I sat straight up in my seat and started speeding up. It was awesome. He was so close to being right beside me until I did that. I left him in my dust and when he realized he couldn't cut in front of me, he backed off and from then on he stayed at least 30 feet behind me. :p I love my car.

zamorush 07-06-2003 12:36 AM

Ok, it is cool to do it with the Vans and Hondas, but is it with the black and white 4 person vehicle with the sirens on top?

Last night, I was going home at about 1am on a one way 35mph road, one of those cars pulled right behind me. As we came to the light, the guy was right on my butt, and as the light turned green, he suddenly swerved right, and passed me by the bike lane. I could hardly stop myself from stepping on the accelerator, because it might have turned out to be too costly.

that is my story of the ...... night...

nik

Bwana 07-06-2003 01:00 AM

Stacey, isnt it against the law to not let someone pass you? Or...it's illegal to accelerate while someone's attempting to pass you? I thought i remembered that from drivers-ed....or something. *shrug*

Tim 07-06-2003 08:45 AM

Yea its illegal to do that. Except when a person is tailgating you and highbeaming you or flipping out at the wheel. Then you have permission to mash the gas when they try and pass you :D J/k.

SubaSteevo 07-06-2003 09:20 AM

Responces for all

Bwana-I would have thought it was a former SVX owner, had it not been at 11:30 at night. Talon TSI's have like 230hp(?) twin turbo, AWD, and weigh about 500 lbs less, you didnt stand a chance.

Stacey-The vans around here are crazy, I'd be expecting them to be soccer moms but by now all the soccer moms are driving SUV"s so instead all the vans are driven by crazy men (because what man would actually want to drive a van.

Nik-Were his lights flashing? j/k Yeah, I've seen lots of cops do stuff like that too. They think that a badge means they don't need to follow laws. I think 4 (maybe 5) cops in the neighboring town were replaced because they lied about where they were patrolling and made up phoney tickets to look like they were actually doing something.

elninoalex 07-06-2003 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
Stacey, isnt it against the law to not let someone pass you? Or...it's illegal to accelerate while someone's attempting to pass you? I thought i remembered that from drivers-ed....or something. *shrug*
If someone is illegally passing you(ie. speeding), then they have no rights. They are creating the dangerous situation. Sure, morally you shouldn't compound the problem by punching it(but if they deserve it?:D). Legality probably varies from state to state. But regulations put the burden on the driver that has a better view, and more control of the situation: the passer.

Stephen

newsvx 07-06-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
just checking. :) for situations like that, a handful of nickels "accidently" thrown behind you can let drivers know they are too close. ;)
A BETTER IDEA: Simply turn on the windshield washer several times. They back off every time!
Harry