The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm back... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7869)

Mr. Pockets 12-31-2002 09:44 AM

I'm back...

You know...in case anybody cares. :D

The cruise was awesome. I was looking forward to it, but really didn't know what to expect. Without a doubt, the trip exceeded my expectations by a long shot.

If you want to take a cruise, I recommend Carnival's Spirit class ships. They're huge. Really, the thing dwarfed any other cruise ship we came across. Great service on board, too. Oh, and something like 80% of the staterooms have balconies. That's cool as hell. We weren't supposed to have one, but we got 'upgraded.'

We actually spent Christmas day in Cozumel, Mexico. We were supposed to 'Snuba' (like snorkeling, but with a long air hose to the surface so you can go 20ft down) that day, but high winds and rough water prevented it. Poo.

Before you ask, I didn't get sick on the boat. I got sick, actually, when I got home. I woke up Sunday night, threw up a few times, and couldn't even hold down water yesterday. This morning I woke up, felt fine, and came to work. Weird.

Anyway, I hope everybody enjoyed their vacations, or is still enjoying them.

$VX 12-31-2002 09:47 AM

Here's the real question: What about the beautiful babies? :D

- Ca$h

Mr. Pockets 12-31-2002 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Here's the real question: What about the beautiful babies? :D

- Ca$h

I won't say publicly. Ask my brother - he was with us and he's not married. :D

vkykam 12-31-2002 10:11 AM

My friend was on that cruise at the end of November, and couldn't stop raving about the food, the beaches, the clear water and the fish in it.

He also didn't pay much either, since it was one of those clearance specials... Something like $300US including the port taxes for the week, plus tips, plus airfare.

VK

SHISVX 12-31-2002 10:14 AM

glad to hear that you had a nice time

about getting sick though...there has been a real big problem with ppl getting sick on cruise ships, not on the ships but after they land and the days after. you get violently ill for a day or two and it goes away like nothing happened. they haven't found the cause of it. i am just glad that you are feeling better....

Kelli

LarryIII 12-31-2002 10:37 AM

Nick,

Glad you had a great time.

Happy New Year to you and Amber.

wasions 12-31-2002 11:31 AM

Nick,

Congratulations, and well done.

Having (Heaving?) spent 4 years in our U.S. Navy, I must say that I envy you. I enjoyed nary a sec at sea. At the sound of the 'cast off' whistle, I generally got real green, and stayed that way until my toes once again touched terra firma. :eek: I would give a lot to spend one good day at sea. :cool:

Mr. Pockets 12-31-2002 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
Nick,

Congratulations, and well done.

Having (Heaving?) spent 4 years in our U.S. Navy, I must say that I envy you. I enjoyed nary a sec at sea. At the sound of the 'cast off' whistle, I generally got real green, and stayed that way until my toes once again touched terra firma. :eek: I would give a lot to spend one good day at sea. :cool:

The cast off 'whistle' was more of a deafening horn that echoes with incredible power between two ten-story steel boats. We were in the security line between our ship, the Pride, and another Carnival ship, Inspiration, when three long blasts guaranteed that we wouldn't hear the 'Vegas-style show' that night. :D

No, really, I didn't have a problem with the constant motion of the ship. The only thing that's ever made me motion-sick was, go figure, a video game. Dark Forces for the PC. Made me really, really sick every time I played it. Weird...

ensteele 12-31-2002 12:16 PM

Welcome back and I am glad to hear that you are better again. Did you drink the water? LOL :)

Mr. Pockets 12-31-2002 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Welcome back and I am glad to hear that you are better again. Did you drink the water? LOL :)
I drank some bottled water in Belize, but other than that the only water I drank was on the ship or from the several liters of Dasani that we bought in Key West.

deadeye95 12-31-2002 01:46 PM

I spent a week on Cozumel several years ago. 5 days diving and having the time of my life and the last 2 days puking in a hotel toilet.

FYI, the day the cruise ships come to the island, all the local eating establishments change to menus with much higher prices. Those islanders got this stuff down......

Mr. Pockets 12-31-2002 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by deadeye95
I spent a week on Cozumel several years ago. 5 days diving and having the time of my life and the last 2 days puking in a hotel toilet.

FYI, the day the cruise ships come to the island, all the local eating establishments change to menus with much higher prices. Those islanders got this stuff down......

That's not surprising - I'd do that if I were them. :)

There were nine ships there on Christmas day, the day we were in town. Our cab driver said that the next day there would be 15.

alacrity024 12-31-2002 02:55 PM

in the interest of staying off-topic..

i spent half my trip to iceland either in front of the toilet or in bed. don't eat the shrimp.

-a