The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please Help - with your information. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28308)

ensteele 09-07-2005 09:04 PM

Please Help - with your information.

I have been looking at signatures for information on what year, model, and color your SVX is for our Network Member Information. I find that there is very little information in many of your profiles or signatures that give me that information. I find the year, but that is all in some cases. I even find that some have a SVX, but there is nothing else to be gotten.

Please visit your profile and FILL IT OUT!!! It is for us to look at and find out information about our members so we know you better. What are you afraid of? I have been spending hours looking up each member and your information only to find "Nothing" or "Very Little" If you have this informaton posted, thank you, but if you don't please do so.

Thank you.

Landshark 09-07-2005 10:40 PM

what if you don't have one anymore? :( :confused:

Budfreak 09-08-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I have been looking at signatures for information on what year, model, and color your SVX is for our Network Member Information. I find that there is very little information in many of your profiles or signatures that give me that information. I find the year, but that is all in some cases. I even find that some have a SVX, but there is nothing else to be gotten.

Please visit your profile and FILL IT OUT!!! It is for us to look at and find out information about our members so we know you better. What are you afraid of? I have been spending hours looking up each member and your information only to find "Nothing" or "Very Little" If you have this informaton posted, thank you, but if you don't please do so.

Thank you.

i've put in every important piece of info i can think of in my siggy for you earl:D how about a pic of everyones cars too along with all the info.?

Earthworm 09-08-2005 10:23 AM

I can help. I created a form that everyone can fill out. Provide as much or as little information you want:

http://svx-iw.com/svxiw/registry/

Earl, if everyone fills this out I can either give you all the data or else just access to the data from my server. The best part about this form is that it's all in a database and can be sorted/displayed in just about any way imaginable.

RSVX 09-08-2005 12:40 PM

what happened to subarusvx.org?

Earthworm 09-08-2005 01:01 PM

Ask Mike. I'm not sure.

Green1995SVX 09-08-2005 01:32 PM

I was snoozing and forgot to renew the domain, and some company bought it out from under me. I cant afford to buy it back at their $5000 asking price.

Mike

Budfreak 09-08-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
I can help. I created a form that everyone can fill out. Provide as much or as little information you want:

http://svx-iw.com/svxiw/registry/

Earl, if everyone fills this out I can either give you all the data or else just access to the data from my server. The best part about this form is that it's all in a database and can be sorted/displayed in just about any way imaginable.

i click submit and it just goes to a white screen. what gives? nevermind. it finally worked. i just had to use the back button and submit it a few times.

Earthworm 09-08-2005 01:57 PM

I guess I should have mentioned that a single click would be enough. No problems though as I can delete multiple entries.

Earthworm 09-08-2005 02:22 PM

This list is starting to grow. Earl, I've started working on a page to view the information. You'll be able to sort by any column in ascending/decending order and I hope to even have an export to Excel feature.

ensteele 09-08-2005 04:56 PM

Will it work with more than one car? :confused:

Earthworm 09-08-2005 05:06 PM

Definitely. One submission per car.

oab_au 09-08-2005 06:11 PM

Infomation in the Profile.

Yes as a trouble shooter, it is important that the year model and type is in the profile, along with any mods or replacements. It really does make it a lot easier to help people when the info is there. Other wise I spend time asking for the info, or I just don't bother. :(

Harvey. ;)

Earthworm 09-09-2005 10:54 AM

Perhaps this thread should be stickified?

ensteele 09-09-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au
Yes as a trouble shooter, it is important that the year model and type is in the profile, along with any mods or replacements. It really does make it a lot easier to help people when the info is there. Other wise I spend time asking for the info, or I just don't bother. :(

Harvey. ;)

I agree with you all of the way. When some members ask for help, it is hard to do it if you don't know what their informaton. That is one of the reasons that it would be nice for members to put it in their profile.

Also, when I read some posts, I wonder how old a member is so I can tell where they are coming from. Many of our younger members don't post their birthdays, maybe because they think others will be critical of them. :(