The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chap Stick lost in stereo compartment (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9473)

petesvx2 03-22-2003 12:51 PM

Chap Stick lost in stereo compartment

Well i placed my chap stick on the edge of the open door, and forgot about it when i closed the door. So now i have a Chap Stick underneath the radio compartment visible in the crack of the door and with the ashtray open. How can i get it out?

Boone 03-22-2003 01:02 PM

Hmm... pull the ashtray out? ;)

Green1995SVX 03-22-2003 03:46 PM

I concur. I've lost chapstick in there myself.

Mike

petesvx2 03-22-2003 07:32 PM

Well i pulled the ashtray out and i got her! yay. thanks boone. Im actually addicted to chap stick so your advice saved me from withdrawals. Mike. the space under the ashtray is kind of at an angle so maybe yours rolled under to where you cant see.:D

svx_commuter 03-22-2003 07:32 PM

LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Twezzers.
Double sided sticky tape on a wooden dowel.

I lose mine in the space bewteen the drivers seat and floor hump that is often difficult to retreave from.

petesvx2 03-22-2003 07:54 PM

Can anyone tell me why I'm addicted to chap stick? Could it be the menthol in it or something? Ever since the fourth grade I cant go without using it for more than an hour. It's getting old:mad:

Landshark 03-23-2003 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
Can anyone tell me why I'm addicted to chap stick? Could it be the menthol in it or something? Ever since the fourth grade I cant go without using it for more than an hour. It's getting old:mad:
instead of carrying around chapstick, substitute a tube of lipstick. that should help you quit.....or maybe not. :D

SubaSteevo 03-24-2003 12:26 PM

I have this theory...

I believe that something in chapstick makes your lips "need" it. I myself have never used chapstick (that I can remember anyway) and I only have a mild problem with chapped lips, but only in the winter. However I know several people who's lips start practicly falling apart if they go more than a couple of hours without some type of chap stick, even in the summer. My girlfriend said something about them putting something in hand lotion that actually dries your hands out, so that you need to use more of it later (she says hand cream is the way to go, although I don't know the difference between lotion, cream, wash, or butter...yes apparantly there is stuff called body butter). There is a conspiracy going down, and I will stop it if its the last thing I do. (Insert evil methodical laughter here).

petesvx2 03-24-2003 06:48 PM

Re: I have this theory...

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
I believe that something in chapstick makes your lips "need" it. I myself have never used chapstick (that I can remember anyway) and I only have a mild problem with chapped lips, but only in the winter. However I know several people who's lips start practicly falling apart if they go more than a couple of hours without some type of chap stick, even in the summer. My girlfriend said something about them putting something in hand lotion that actually dries your hands out, so that you need to use more of it later (she says hand cream is the way to go, although I don't know the difference between lotion, cream, wash, or butter...yes apparantly there is stuff called body butter). There is a conspiracy going down, and I will stop it if its the last thing I do. (Insert evil methodical laughter here).
kind of like altoids supposedly making your breath nasty or poland spring containing salt so you want more?

TapperManor 03-24-2003 07:12 PM

blistex addiction

Quote:

I too am an addict, to blistex. I can go a few hours though, before I start freakin out.

I'm not exactly sure why. But perhaps....................when moisture is applied on a regular basis the lips stop making the moisture on their own.

Could be the ingredients? Blistex just changed their formula. Now it has camphor in it. Maybe that will addict some more innocent people.

My brother is addicted to stri-dex pads. He way overproduces oil on his face. Sometimes you can see it dripping off. (then he swoops in with a pad to save the day) Kinda similar, but sort of opposite.

Is there help for people like us?

---------------------------------------------

What a bizzare thread...................thanks for listening.
:( :o :D :p :mad: :eek: :confused:

LarryIII 03-25-2003 04:45 AM

Gee, besides ricotta, I wonder what they're putting in canoli.

:confused: :D :cool:

CigarJohnny 03-25-2003 05:28 AM

Quote:

"Yeah", says Johnny in a slow hillbilly drawl, "but boy you got such soft, purty lips". :D:p

I suffer from the same problem with Chapstick addiction. Could be that when I was in the first grade I had such a bad case of chapped lips that kids on the bus called me clown face. Chapstick saved my self esteem. Been using it ever since. I can get by without the stuff in the summer but as soon as Autumn rolls in my lips start falling apart. I ran out a week ago and haven't replaced it yet. So far so good but I think it's due to the warmth of Spring. Could be worst though, as I only go through 2 or 3 tubes of Chapstick a year. :)

petesvx2 03-25-2003 01:01 PM

I go through about 1 per month. It started in 4th grade and has never stopped. I went through one in one day once, that was bad. It gets worse if you know you lose it but you cant find it. Anyone with any pharmecutical knowlege? (sp?)