The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vexing Dilema (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2495)

LarryIII 01-17-2002 09:26 AM

Vexing Dilema

I was recently contacted via e-mail by Paunxatauney Phil
(famous Groundhog). He 's got an itch to get an SVX. He lives in that part of Pennsylvania that gets bad weather in winter. That's one of his main reasons to justify the SVX. His other main reason is the recent terrorist attacks on the USA. He realizes that as a national celebrity that he is a target. The SVX will provide him and his family with a lot more security and safety than his hole. He reasons that he can drive away from threats, stalkers and ground hog wannabes. In fact the National Guard has been authorized to patrol the site at Gobbler's Knob (Phil's home) when he come's out in 2 weeks to look for his shadow.

His problem is his wife, Phat Phillomena. She wants him to get the new Outback VDC. She says that the Outback has enough room for their entire brood, plus it has heated seats so they could live in it all winter and give up the hole. She also says that the VDC has the new H-6 engine so it is almost as quick off the line as the SVX and she wont let him drive at the higher top speeds that the SVX is capable of. She says that the VDC has a better AWD sytem and a better audio system. But Phil has his heart set on an SVX and came to me for advice and arguments to sway his wife. Phil generally monitors this site so can everyone here help him. Thanks all - Phil's counting on us.

If we help him, he promises to give us an early spring.

Larry III
PS: How's this for a thread to keep those posts coming.

SVXphile 01-17-2002 10:57 AM

Vino

Ron, you've been sharing your "wine in a box" haven't you? :rolleyes: Don

1994SubaruSVX 01-17-2002 11:27 AM

phil.....

put your foot down man!!

cook her dinner, buy her flowers.......and then buy the svx. she will be to happy to get angry. :)

Ron Mummert 01-17-2002 11:51 AM

Re: Vino

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
Ron, you've been sharing your "wine in a box" haven't you? :rolleyes: Don
I'll share only if Larry pokes in a second straw hole .

Yes, Larry has elevated boredom to an artform, but we must humor him, as dementia is not a laughing matter.

Uhh... Larry, I think if Phil explains to Ms. Hoggy, that the SVX is the only vehicle that can be purchased with the Aredub Vermin Protection Package, she'll bend Phil's way knowing all her wandering offspring will be gently swept aside in the event of mammalian impact, versis being rendered into road pizza, should an Outback be the choice.

Glad to be of help, Larry!
Ron.

(Lemme' outta this asylum).

Green1995SVX 01-17-2002 12:17 PM

Phil... er... Larry

If that pearlier 94 is still at that dealer in pittsburgh, i can go check it out whenever you want. Let me know.

-Mike

Aredubjay 01-17-2002 01:24 PM

Re: Phil... er... Larry

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
If that pearlier 94 is still at that dealer in pittsburgh, i can go check it out whenever you want. Let me know.

-Mike

Awww, check it out anyway. If Ms. Phil don't want it, there may be someone else who might be interested. If it's still there in April, I might wanna drive it home. :D

SVXphile 01-17-2002 02:23 PM

They're coming to take you away...ha..ha!

<Lemme' outta this asylum>

I'm sorry sir, but all of our jackets have long sleeves...:( Don

"You can check out any time you like....

....but you can never leave!"

Aredubjay 01-17-2002 02:25 PM

Re: They're coming to take me away...ha..ha!

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
<Lemme' outta this asylum>

^
< THIS WAY OUT >
v

:eek: Don

Welcome to the Hotel California . . .

LarryIII 01-17-2002 02:59 PM

You think this was WACKO. Wait till Feb. 2nd.

That's the official day that Phil looks for his shadow. It's a real big t'do in these parts.

Larry III

PS: I caught Randy i lurkig "Over There" again.

SVXphile 01-17-2002 05:49 PM

Where oh where...

<That's the official day that Phil looks for his shadow>

Every day is my day to look for my T.V. remote...:rolleyes: Don

SVXphile 01-17-2002 07:42 PM

Threats to hog may be groundless...details at 6

This one is for you Larry...

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20...dhog_dc_1.html

:) Don

Beav 01-17-2002 10:03 PM

Awww Phil just strap on the big ones and be a male, will ya? You oughtta know by now it's a thousand times easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

Beav (single, and it's showing...;) )

LarryIII 01-18-2002 05:20 AM

Beav,

There are 3 statements that every man MUST know to stay out of trouble with women. They MUST be said in the proer sequence.

1) I love you.

2) I do.

3) Yes dear.

Larry III
PS: Also, never, never, answer this question. "Dear do you think this dress makes me look fat?"

Beav 01-18-2002 05:26 AM

Maybe4 that's what I've been doing wrong, I always thought it was:

1) Where's my dinner?

2) Did you say something?

3) I'm going to the nudie bar.

Beav

Aredubjay 01-18-2002 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
PS: Also, never, never, answer this question. "Dear do you think this dress makes me look fat?"
But, if you DO decide to answer, be truthful. Say, "No . . . it's the chocolate bon bons that make you look fat." :)