The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Free Smallcar shift kit. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46781)

SVXyGirl 11-01-2008 04:03 PM

Free Smallcar shift kit.

Small car Shift kit. Used. Worked in my SVX for about 3 years. I no longer need it. Usually run about $40. Given as is. Free, but you have to pay for shipping (shipping should only be a couple bucks). If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I figured I would offer it up before I toss it.

ensteele 11-01-2008 05:16 PM

Re: Free Smallcar shift kit.

Rebecca - I could use it. Let me know how much shipping is. :)

Jeremy'sSVX 11-01-2008 10:14 PM

I'll take it off your hands if ensteele doesnt take it.

PM if you still have it.

SVXyGirl 11-02-2008 08:01 AM

Earl, you have a PM.

Jeremy, if the other two fall through I will contact you.

I will warn everyone. One of the big reasons why I took it off of the car is because when I got the 4.44 it made the shifts way too firm. To the point where it would slam into second. I wouldn't recommend this shift kit for a SVX with the 4.44...comes with everything you see here...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...toshiftkit.jpg

Batteries not included. :lol:

Hocrest 11-02-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl (Post 570960)
Batteries not included...

...but the quilt is???

SVXyGirl 11-02-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 570961)
...but the quilt is???

No. Definitely not included.

processengr 11-05-2008 04:52 PM

Hi Rebbecca,
I saw your post (pretty generous offer!)and your comment that

"the 4.44 it made the shifts way too firm. To the point where it would slam into second. I wouldn't recommend this shift kit for a SVX with the 4.44."

As a recent convert to 4.44 {an excellent job by AllWellDrive BTW] I thought my conversion bang shifted into second when accelerating very slowly on level or downhill. Seeing your comment, I made a jumper to bypass the kit. No improvement. Which leads me to the question, did you try adjusting the vacuum switch? Maybe you had a vacuum leak affecting its operation, causing the circuit to the resistor to open "early" ?
I have had the kit since we bought the car, disconnecting it was very noticeable at about 1/2 throttle accelerating. It is like a slipping clutch without it. Do you notice this effect?

oab_au 11-05-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by processengr (Post 571396)
Hi Rebbecca,
I saw your post (pretty generous offer!)and your comment that

"the 4.44 it made the shifts way too firm. To the point where it would slam into second. I wouldn't recommend this shift kit for a SVX with the 4.44."

As a recent convert to 4.44 {an excellent job by AllWellDrive BTW] I thought my conversion bang shifted into second when accelerating very slowly on level or downhill. Seeing your comment, I made a jumper to bypass the kit. No improvement. Which leads me to the question, did you try adjusting the vacuum switch? Maybe you had a vacuum leak affecting its operation, causing the circuit to the resistor to open "early" ?
I have had the kit since we bought the car, disconnecting it was very noticeable at about 1/2 throttle accelerating. It is like a slipping clutch without it. Do you notice this effect?

I don't want to hijack the thread but, seeing Rebecca has sold it,:)

I would like to add a bit about the difference between the Small Cars Shift Kit and the Quick Change.

The Small Cars shift kit, sends a full throttle Duty Cycle signal to the A solenoid to raise the line pressure to full pressure.

This gives the light throttle change, the same feel as the full throttle change. So when accelerating at full throttle, through the gears, it makes no difference if is has the Small Cars kit or not, it only feels better at part throttle changes.

Where it falls down is that the line pressure, and the engine torque are still reduced during the change, and these are the two problems that make the changes so soft and slow. :eek:

The Quick Change was designed to cure both of these problems. It prevents the TCU from reducing both the line pressure, and the engine torque during the change, while still allowing the Throttle to control the intensity of the change. Light throttle light change, progressing to full throttle hard change.
The SVX was the only auto to be given this softening treatment by Subaru, the Legacy, Impreza and the Outback were allowed to retain the fast/hard change, that the Quick Change gives to the SVX.

Harvey.

Mike621 11-05-2008 05:29 PM

Are you going to give away a free QC? :p

oab_au 11-05-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 571404)
Are you going to give away a free QC? :p

Well they don't work with a manual Mike.:D

Harvey.

Mike621 11-05-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 571405)
Well they don't work Mike.:D

Harvey.

Fixed your post.

oab_au 11-05-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 571412)
Fixed your post.

Now thats not nice Mike.:(
Harvey.

SVXyGirl 11-05-2008 06:59 PM

Since the shift kit has been taken off, my shifts are much better. I'm giving this away due to the fact that it's used and older. Plus I don't need it anymore. I figured my loss is someone's gain. For those interested in more information about the QC please take a look at the thread or contact Harvey personally. He'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Mods,

This thread can be locked now. Earl has grabbed up the kit and as soon as I can I will send it out.

Thanks. :)