The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My car didn't hit a tree...the tree hit my car (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45075)

SVXyGirl 06-09-2008 09:19 PM

My car didn't hit a tree...the tree hit my car

So my Bordeaux has been parked at my familys farm about 30 miles east of Frederick. Last week we had a bunch of horrible thunderstorms with high winds. Well, part of a tree fell right on top of my Bordeaux SVX. :mad: I was on my way to Virginia, so I didn't get a chance to see the damage until today. Apparently from what my father told me the car was covered by the tree. You couldn't see the car at all. He cleared the branches and cut them up. Only two dings on the sunroof, but still makes me angry. I guess it could have been worse. I was worried about broken glass. The tree also damaged the garage. Here's a picture of the damage. The area that is circled. Sorry for the dirt. I still haven't gotten a chance to wash the car since the tree spilled pollen all over it.:rolleyes:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...as/sunroof.jpg

I will probably bring the car to Frederick some time this month. Seems to be the month for damaged SVXs. :(

It's Just Eric 06-09-2008 09:24 PM

Thats unfortunate. I had a similar problem storing mikes claret at my house while I was doing the body work. A few branches fell and dinged the roof, and I hadnt noticed untill just days before paint. Of course, the repaired section had to be re-primed and re-sanded when the car was practically in the paint booth

...note to self...Next house I buy BETTER have a garage:rolleyes:

your lucky to have escaped with such little damage. No broken glass or panels damaged beyond repair. I needn't involve the svx hail storm picture here, im sure

SVXyGirl 06-09-2008 09:37 PM

I am thankful that the damage wasn't bad, but it's still aggravating.

joe62890 06-09-2008 10:27 PM

Sucks to hear man. I got hit by a deer, I didn't hit the deer. Ran into the side of the car while I was going about 80. Went through the driver's side top window and I swear I made eye contact with it the whole time it was inside. Luckily it bounced off and only destroyed one window, a side view mirror, and gave me a pretty big dent. Can't really even tell the dent is there. These cars seems to be built to take some damage.

svxistentialist 06-10-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl (Post 551331)
I am thankful that the damage wasn't bad, but it's still aggravating.

Sorry to hear that Rebecca, but at least you are relatively lucky. Trees can hit so hard your car could be a write-off.

Chain saw time, I'm thinking! :eek: :rolleyes:

Joe:)

lhopp77 06-10-2008 08:09 AM

Just Think

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe62890 (Post 551335)
Sucks to hear man. I got hit by a deer, I didn't hit the deer. Ran into the side of the car while I was going about 80. Went through the driver's side top window and I swear I made eye contact with it the whole time it was inside. Luckily it bounced off and only destroyed one window, a side view mirror, and gave me a pretty big dent. Can't really even tell the dent is there. These cars seems to be built to take some damage.

If you had been going 65 the deer would have passed in front of you and not been touched. :p

Lee

SVX_MY_BABY 06-10-2008 08:33 AM

A branch from a Chestnut tree fell on mine back in '92. Dented every single panel. I used to refer to her as Dimples. You could only see the dents if the light was right so it didn't get fixed 'till I repainted last year.

joe62890 06-10-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77 (Post 551368)
If you had been going 65 the deer would have passed in front of you and not been touched. :p

Lee

I like to think that I got lucky since I was on a straight 4 mile long road and was going to try and top out the car. ;)

Oh and the deer was on the shoulder, bastard didn't run until I was 2 car lengths before him. I actually had enough time to mentally decide that I should floor it and let him broadside me as opposed to slamming on the brakes and putting the deer across the hood and possibly through the window.

Joe

Jtuck 06-10-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe62890 (Post 551380)
I like to think that I got lucky since I was on a straight 4 mile long road and was going to try and top out the car. ;)

Oh and the deer was on the shoulder, bastard didn't run until I was 2 car lengths before him. I actually had enough time to mentally decide that I should floor it and let him broadside me as opposed to slamming on the brakes and putting the deer across the hood and possibly through the window.

Joe

I had the same issue with a deer but instead it tried to jump my car going 40 and slid across the front window and flip over into a ditch...i was freaking out considering i had my window down at the time and it was a 6 point buck.:D

joe62890 06-10-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtuck (Post 551399)
I had the same issue with a deer but instead it tried to jump my car going 40 and slid across the front window and flip over into a ditch...i was freaking out considering i had my window down at the time and it was a 6 point buck.:D

I got lucky, mine was a doe but was easily 200-250 pounds. I stopped after I got hit and almost considered getting out of the car and beating the sh*t outta the deer with my bare hands. Unfortunately the hit didn't kill the thing.

shotking 06-10-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe62890 (Post 551415)
I got lucky, mine was a doe but was easily 200-250 pounds. I stopped after I got hit and almost considered getting out of the car and beating the sh*t outta the deer with my bare hands. Unfortunately the hit didn't kill the thing.

200 to 250 lbs? I don't think so. That would do alot more damage than just a broken window and a dent not to mention it would make some kind of record :rolleyes:;):):D

http://www.agfc.com/wildlife-conserv...r-mammals.aspx

Brian 06-10-2008 05:04 PM

I can commiserate, Rebecca! :( My car was whacked from behind yesterday. You're right about this being a bad month for SVX damage!

joe62890 06-10-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotking (Post 551417)
200 to 250 lbs? I don't think so. That would do alot more damage than just a broken window and a dent not to mention it would make some kind of record :rolleyes:;):):D

http://www.agfc.com/wildlife-conserv...r-mammals.aspx

I'll argue that it's next to a river that gets stuff dumped in it. Lol, it looked a lot bigger than I'm sure it was. It was probably about as big as they get. :p

SVXyGirl 06-10-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 551431)
I can commiserate, Rebecca! :( My car was whacked from behind yesterday. You're right about this being a bad month for SVX damage!

I know, right? Good luck getting your car fixed...or whatever will happen. That really sucks. God help the person who hits one of my SVXs. I may have to get someone to bail me out of jail. :rolleyes:

Speedklix 06-10-2008 08:41 PM

A tree hit your car????

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl (Post 551328)
Apparently from what my father told me the car was covered by the tree

...and you believed him! :rolleyes:
I think it is more likely that he took Tom's extra Stage 3 and converted it to RWD and then a wheel stand got out of control when he was testing it our for you. Please refer to dramatization:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/594/s3rwd.JPG

...so, what is the more reasonable explination here guys, I mean c'mon! :lol:

Sorry to hear about the trouble, it won't look too bad once you give it a bath.