The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bring Back the Subaru SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37614)

jwd45535 02-22-2007 07:40 PM

Bring Back the Subaru SVX

I was having random thoughts as I do quite often. (lol) Anyhow why don't we get people together to sign and mail/e-mail a petition to Subaru for the return of the SVX. We can even suggest ideas. For example: They can rival Nissan and it's GT-R (skyline) with Subaru's standard all-wheel drive and take the sports market by storm, or possibly that the new Subaru SVX would be the car to take the urban jungle with slick, futuristic, and aerodynamic body with a great vast of technology for the luxury and/or gt models. Well tell me what y'all think and any great ideas as well!

Crazy_pilot 02-22-2007 07:59 PM

I have a feeling this subject has been pummelled ruthlessly over the years.

I'm all for it, as long as they keep the windows:D

jwd45535 02-22-2007 08:10 PM

They would have too! That is what make the SVx unique, modern, and, well, cool.:cool:

Also thanks, Crazy_pilot, for reasponding! :)

Nomake Wan 02-22-2007 08:23 PM

I'm... not so sure. I don't know about you guys, but I really don't feel the latest designs from Fuji Heavy. And the prototype shots of the next generations don't really give me much to look forward to either.

I'd be worried that they'd... ruin the SVX's looks if they brought it back. It just wouldn't be the same...

It's Just Eric 02-22-2007 08:42 PM

Mmm...no. Not happening. Never.Hell, the only other subaru COUPE that has been on the market since the fall of the svx is the imprezza rs (At least to my knowlege) and I'd harldy call that a luxury coupe.
Now on to the opinion part.....the last thing I want is to see a massive amount of svxi on the road. It would defeat the purpose of owning an svx if they were in the mainstream.I dont know about everyone else here, but I didnt want a "Me too" car when i bought mine. and lets face it..the disusting "Improved" svxi often found on ebay make you cringe...just imagine if there were altezza tail lights for theese things.And a prolithera of rubbermaid body kits?And idiots with more money than brains? Talk about styling clash...

If they do bring it back, it better be a supercar of some sort. Mid engine awd h12 naturally aspirated beast of a car with funny windows...Just so the rice crowd cant afford it

Crazy_pilot 02-22-2007 08:58 PM

Must keep the exclusivity, huh? lol.

Plus, no one would get the "What the hell is that?" comments anymore.

jwd45535 02-22-2007 10:55 PM

I think it might (possibly not) bring back parts for the SVXs currently out. The rice problem should be weeded out after it has been out a while in the next generation. It will need to become popular through a semi-luxury/sports coupe with the original h6 with an option of an h8 for the first years, with ,of course, an electronics upgrade and maybe even a good turbo upgrade. However I would like to see an all-wheel drive mr version of the SVX, but I would still like to see that Subaru gets a leg up on Nissan and their GT-R (skyline) coming out next year. I would like to see a new SVX to have GPS, automatic parallel parking, back-up camera, and a few other odds and ens.

Mr. Pockets 02-23-2007 12:00 AM

Doesn't...really sound much like an SVX, then. :p

ensteele 02-23-2007 12:08 AM

As it was mentioned before, I don't want a car that every other person has. That is one reason I like the SVX. I like the fact that there are very few of them out there and most don't even know what they are.

Subaru lost their tail on the SVX and every time they hear that name, they run for the back door. :D :D :D

GreenMarine 02-23-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
I have a feeling this subject has been pummelled ruthlessly over the years.

I'm all for it, as long as they keep the windows:D

definitely agreed... and it needs to be designed in Italy again in order to maintain it's original uniqueness

momzsvx 02-23-2007 01:24 AM

Okay so we have the desired luxury items. Would you still maintain the colors of the pearlie and laguna blue? The uniqueness of the design was the winner for me. I would find it to be a quite a challenge for the designer to maintain the look. It would be interesting to see them try to bring it back. I would have to add another to my collection then. :D :D

Ricochet 02-23-2007 02:31 AM

New cars suck.

svxistentialist 02-23-2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
As it was mentioned before, I don't want a car that every other person has. That is one reason I like the SVX. I like the fact that there are very few of them out there and most don't even know what they are.

Subaru lost their tail on the SVX and every time they hear that name, they run for the back door. :D :D :D

The fact that there are very few of them out there could be explained by the fact that you have most of them in your back yard, Earl.

:p :D :D :D

huck369 02-23-2007 05:07 AM

I agree that it'll never happen....

But I think the Show car "B11S" the were showing a few years ago, with an re-designed front end, and the "window in a window" design in it, would make it a great replacement for the SVX....

dcarrb 02-23-2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

I enjoy my cars and probably would own them regardless of how many were on the road, but have to admit that one of my favorite things about 'em is that nobody, NOBODY in this area has one. Both of mine need paint so are looking their age but I still see guys going out of their way to check them out.

That said, Subaru needs another platform, badly. There's only so much they can build off the Legacy and Impreza as they've been doing for the past decade-plus. Time for something new, guys. (But it won't be a revival of the SVX.) I read a News McNugget recently that the Tribeca is due to be revamped in the wake of disappointing sales. It's disconcerting that they actually thought that ugly, over-priced thing would sell at all.

dcb