The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   how much $$$ can be made by parting out an SVX? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25186)

fourtaylor 03-23-2005 08:56 AM

how much $$$ can be made by parting out an SVX?

My 1992 with 120K miles has seen better days. I have owned the car since 98. The car runs and drives good. Engine leaks oil. Tranny seems fine. The body is in at best fair shape. There is some rust starting here and there and plenty of dings and issues. I have driven the car daily until recently (new car purchase, another flat-6 but not a subaru :)) The tires are shot. The interior is in ok shape.

I have considered selling it outright but based on the prices I have seen I would be hard pressed to get even 1K.

The other option is parting it out? What are the parts worth?

Everything is functional in the car, just cosemetically a POS.

Thanks for yourr input?
Chris

SilverSpear 03-23-2005 09:07 AM

not much, no more than a couple of 100's... just kiddin... :D

n00b on demand 03-23-2005 09:24 AM

You could probably make alot parting it out. The interior and the engine parts. Im sure someone will want the tranny and suspension parts too. You could make over 1K from parting it out.

ensteele 03-23-2005 09:33 AM

I would say that parts are only as good as the car is. If the car is shot, so are the parts. You also have to consider that you must ship all of the parts or have people pick them up if they are too large to ship. This all takes time and effort.

DoLittle 03-23-2005 09:34 AM

But I would cry

Sounds like its still a good car. I mean theres allot of part cars out there now so I don't think you would get more then $1,000. I mean sure you could get more like in 5 years but in a year or less I would say there's no way.

I would try to sell it.
If it runs I would be looking for my "#2" .
So Email me or something, Or take some photos you could get $1,500 if it's running.

I know it's just a car but when I go and look at the "For sale" Forum I see allot of them in there":("

Parts cars that is.

ensteele 03-23-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
You could probably make alot parting it out. The interior and the engine parts. Im sure someone will want the tranny and suspension parts too. You could make over 1K from parting it out.

If he could get $1,000 for it the way it is, what is the point? :confused:

If the car is old (that is what it sounds like) then the parts are too. The parts have to be in good shape for them to worth much.

fourtaylor 03-23-2005 09:42 AM

Thanks for the input guys.
The car runs great. I would sell it for $1k (any offers? :)).
Maybe I will put some signs in it and see what happens, I am not in a hurry just need to free up some garage space.

If anyone is interested I can post some pics.

Chris.

DoLittle 03-23-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

I would try to sell it.
If it runs I would be looking for my "#2" .
So Email me or something, Or take some photos you could get $1,500 if it's running.
I think that's interested? :D