The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I pulled a Mike! (New fashion guide) - OT (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5796)

mohrds 09-06-2002 06:20 PM

I pulled a Mike! (New fashion guide) - OT

1 Attachment(s)
As many of you know, Mike (BLKSVX92) showed up to Lafayette with a few staples in his head. I decided to follow his new fashion statement and get my own head peircing. So now I have five staples holding the two halves of my head together :)

How did it happen you ask? a 4x4 post let loose from the place it was wedged and fell onto my head.

I guess I should stick to working on computers, eh?

Doug

MNYPNNY 09-06-2002 06:23 PM

OUCH!!!
I hope that doesn't hurt as much as it appears to!

Hope it heals soon too.

~~Michelle

Seraph 09-06-2002 06:24 PM

Re: I pulled a Mike! (New fashion guide) - OT

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
As many of you know, Mike (BLKSVX92) showed up to Lafayette with a few staples in his head. I decided to follow his new fashion statement and get my own head peircing. So now I have five staples holding the two halves of my head together :)

How did it happen you ask? a 4x4 post let loose from the place it was wedged and fell onto my head.

I guess I should stick to working on computers, eh?

Doug

Sorry to hear that man. Are you ok?

Green1995SVX 09-06-2002 06:35 PM

NICE PIC! Glad you're OK.

Mike

Earthworm 09-06-2002 06:39 PM

from the looks of it the post fell INTO your head!!

(owwie)

mohrds 09-06-2002 06:48 PM

Well, I had recently trimmed the 4x4 on the table saw into a triangle shaped post, so it had nice 60 degree edges which make a nice knife at falling speeds ;)

I'm fine, its just my ego that's bruised.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Doug

Aredubjay 09-06-2002 09:24 PM

Sheesh, Dougenstien! Glad to know you weren't badly hurt. Those 4 by's can be pretty mean when they want to be. At least you have plenty of hair to hide your staples. Me, I'd be blinding people form the glint off the metal.

Take 'er easy and heal well.

vkykam 09-06-2002 10:03 PM

Doug,

Keep your head away from the hard drives in the meantime, with them magnets in there... :D

If it had hit my head, I'd think I'd be done for. Ouch.

Take it easy.

VK

LarryIII 09-07-2002 04:50 AM

Doug,

I'm glad that you're OK.

I was disappointed in the picture. I had expected to see a "Shaved Head" in the area of the staples. I was going to welcome you to the "Extended Forehead SVX Club".:D :D

ensteele 09-07-2002 11:19 AM

Doug

Are you sure Amy didn't have anything to do with that? Think back now, were you being good? Hope you heal soon. The next good part to this story will be how they get those staples OUT of your head !!:eek: Good luck. :)

PS I hate the sight of blood - especially when it's my own !!

Aredubjay 09-07-2002 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
The next good part to this story will be how they get those staples OUT of your head !!:eek:

They originally used staples on my knee, after they wired my kneecap back together when I crashed my Spitfire. Since they knew they were going to have to go back in, to remove the hardware, they knew "cosmetics" wasn't critical. They used these little "snippers" that took the things right out (all 16 of them).

Now, when they went back in to remove all the hardware (two pins and two pieces of wire held the three pieces of the kneecap together) they used sutures. My knee still looks like crap, but, at least it works. :)

mohrds 09-07-2002 01:01 PM

<<My knee still looks like crap, but, at least it works>>

I'd be happy with that. My knees look nice but work like crap ;)

Doug

mohrds 09-07-2002 01:04 PM

<<Are you sure Amy didn't have anything to do with that? Think back now, were you being good?>>

I told the nurse that Amy hit my over the head with it but she immediatly took Amy's side and said "Well, what did you do to make her do that?"

Doug

ensteele 09-07-2002 03:48 PM

Just don't let her hit you with one of these coasters!!! That would really leave a mark. :eek: :D

Seraph 09-07-2002 06:41 PM

I'll hold him down for her to hit him. Then the boys can step on him :)