The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay Dash Cover! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8609)

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:21 PM

Ebay Dash Cover!

Take a look at this foul looking thing they are selling on ebay. Hopefully I am not offending anyone who has one. But, OMG this thing is awful looking!!!! Why would you ever ruin your dashboard with one of these? WOOF!!!

Megan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6775

Green1995SVX 02-04-2003 02:24 PM

It's supposed to keep the dash from getting UV damage and cracking... I dont think the svx generally suffers from that condition as much as other cars do, though.

Mike

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:26 PM

oh

I didn't know what it was for but personally I'd rather have the sun damage. haha

Megan

Landshark 02-04-2003 02:29 PM

i think i'd rather not "set sail with Captain Dash!" that reddish-orange color would look nice, though. :rolleyes:

Ticallion 02-04-2003 02:32 PM

Finally!!! Something to hurl on!!!!

Have these idiots ever wondered what would happen if your passenger air bag goes off? You'll be picking bits and peices of carpet out of your forehead for years.

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:37 PM

92-93

Well, It's listed as a 92-93....Don't those years only have driver's side airbags? Either way...the carpet is meant for the floor not the dash ;)

Noir 02-04-2003 02:44 PM

re: we all need one of those

wow. we all need one of those. it seems very very very retro.

NOT!

<starts hurling>

Seraph 02-04-2003 02:51 PM

if you put that thing in your SVX, please do not blame me when I point and laugh or puke.

Ticallion 02-04-2003 02:54 PM

That colour matches my "Type-R" sticker and my Aluminum wing. I think i'll get it.

SHISVX 02-04-2003 03:01 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE EEE

I have said my peace..

Kelli

if anyone needs me, i will be in the bathroom

Mr. Pockets 02-04-2003 03:06 PM

I can't stand those carpeted dash mats. Never have I said to myself, 'oh, I wish somebody made one for my car in a horrid reddish orange.'

In the same category, I saw my now-favorite example of home body repair. It was a giant Chevy va, probably mid-80s. Some of the plastic chrome trim around the headlights was damaged, so the owner filled in the big missing spot with Great Stuff foam and spray painted that silver.

Unfortunately, the paint (or propellant) corroded the Great Stuff and the surface...well...full of holes...

This van was sighted at the same WalMart where I saw a brand-new Explorer Sport Track with some gorgeous bargain-bin enhancements. That one was festooned (I'd hoped to use that word this week) with dozens of red stick-on reflectors, unevenly spaced and definitely not in straight lines. It was probably a 2WD model, because the owner had used electrical tape on the quarter panels to spell out '4X4.'

I can't understand why anybody would tackify (if that's not a word yet, I claim it as mine) a brand-new vehicle. Now, there's a Nissan Pulsar that I often see in the parking garage here in A2. It's got swoopy chrome plastic hubcaps, a giant Nike swoosh in the rear windshield and is spray-painted yellow. No, wait, I take that back - it may have been painted with brushes. Anyway, I can understand doing that stuff to that car because one headlight stays in the up position and the car looks like it has literally been twisted longitudinally 15 degrees.

Alcyone SVX LSL 02-04-2003 03:24 PM

Ohh gezz just what i DONT need!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Now, there's a Nissan Pulsar that I often see in the parking garage here in A2. It's got swoopy chrome plastic hubcaps, a giant Nike swoosh in the rear windshield and is spray-painted yellow. No, wait, I take that back - it may have been painted with brushes. Anyway, I can understand doing that stuff to that car because one headlight stays in the up position and the car looks like it has literally been twisted longitudinally 15 degrees.
The number of NXs like this is crazy...go to a junk yard. I like it cause it means CHEEP parts for mine. Hood, hatch, wheels and t-tops for $160, no dings or anything, beat that.

I need a dash for my NX though hehe, mine came with a beautiful:rolleyes: dash cover but also has some nasty cracks under it.

CigarJohnny 02-04-2003 03:48 PM

In all fairness the one in the photo is red so you can see exactly what the cover covers. If was gray you might not see it well enough to catch the outline of it. I've never seen a bad dash on an SVX but I suppose if mine was cracked and all FUBAR'd I would not mind one of these in gray too much. It would look better than a shredded dash.

Look on the bright side, you could mount your cup holder on it and not worry about spills! :D

huck369 02-04-2003 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
It's supposed to keep the dash from getting UV damage and cracking... I dont think the svx generally suffers from that condition as much as other cars do, though.

Mike

The SVX's windshield already has UV filtering, one of the reasons it cost so much.

Seraph 02-04-2003 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
i will be in the bathroom
Whatcha doing?:rolleyes: