The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   PA Inspection Funny (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14966)

benebob 12-10-2003 06:26 PM

PA Inspection Funny

I took my XT in today to get its annual inspection (it isn't due until end of January but emissions testing goes into effect in January here so I wanted to save the $50 they'll charge for a visual inspection of my emissions equipment). Just picked it up. Passed with flying colors and checked my sticker. Seems they screwed up. Instead of putting it for Sept of 04 (which is when my registration runs out since I had tranfered it from another car) they put a sticker for Sept of 05. I now have a year and 10 months of hassle free driving sans my next registration.:D:D :D

Landshark 12-10-2003 06:49 PM

Re: PA Inspection Funny

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
I took my XT in today to get its annual inspection (it isn't due until end of January but emissions testing goes into effect in January here so I wanted to save the $50 they'll charge for a visual inspection of my emissions equipment). Just picked it up. Passed with flying colors and checked my sticker. Seems they screwed up. Instead of putting it for Sept of 04 (which is when my registration runs out since I had tranfered it from another car) they put a sticker for Sept of 05. I now have a year and 10 months of hassle free driving sans my next registration.:D:D :D
you are a winnAr! :D

Green1995SVX 12-10-2003 07:20 PM

NOT FAIR!!

Mike

Subafreak 12-10-2003 08:14 PM

Are you sure it was an accident? I don't know how it works in PA, but in RI you get either a 2 year or 1 year sticker just depending on what day you get it inspected. But it cost the same either way.:mad:

Hocrest 12-10-2003 08:30 PM

Yeah, definately a mistake. I think they are allowed to sticker it 13 or 14 months ahead, but not 21????

Sure is you're lucky day, you may want to play 9-0-5 for tomorrow night?

Does this mean I can run the tires to the belts on Saturday??:D

benebob 12-11-2003 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hocrest
Yeah, definately a mistake. I think they are allowed to sticker it 13 or 14 months ahead, but not 21????

Sure is you're lucky day, you may want to play 9-0-5 for tomorrow night?

Does this mean I can run the tires to the belts on Saturday??:D

Not only can I run them to the belts Saturday. I get to run them until they pop! I just wonder how they got a sticker for 05 out of their machine. Would've thought it wouldn't allow it. Funny thing is the inside portion has 9 04 written on it. Their screw up has just saved me $100 in emissions testing and a $25 inspection. I'm off to the gas station to get a loto ticket.:D

Green1995SVX 12-11-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

Not only can I run them to the belts Saturday. I get to run them until they pop! I just wonder how they got a sticker for 05 out of their machine. Would've thought it wouldn't allow it. Funny thing is the inside portion has 9 04 written on it. Their screw up has just saved me $100 in emissions testing and a $25 inspection. I'm off to the gas station to get a loto ticket.:D

The stickers come on a sheet. You tear off one sticker and it says "04 05" on it. Then you take a month sticker and stick it over top of the 04 or 05. For example, if you want something to read 1 of 05 you would stick the sticker over top of the 04.

Mike