The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sad news-Another totalled SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9732)

Noir 04-02-2003 12:17 PM

Sad news-Another totalled SVX

I've got bad news. Yesterday I took my SVX to Subaru to fix the rattling heat shield and adjust the brake plate in the front. After dropping the car off, I went out with a friend to lunch and as we were driving out the back, I noticed a nice 1992 maroon SVX sitting in the back. It was a trade in from day before. The original owner was 'msteinauer' from the network.

I thought to myself that I would come back from lunch, check out the car and if I liked it, I would either buy it or see if anyone from the network wanted it.

When I got back from lunch, one couple was already looking at it. While they were working on the numbers (I thought that they would not buy it) I took it out for a spin, it rode smoothly. The powersteering was alot more easier than mine (something wrong with my powersteering?). Only 51k miles on it. A light scuff on the passenger rear bumper, and a small quarter size paint peel/chip on the front bumper. Interior was perfect. The seats looked brand new, steering wheel looked brand new. Visors were pretty good. List price was $6997.00.

As I was making an offer of $5k, the couple closed the deal and bought the car. Apparently they were buying it for their daughter probably going off to college. They beat me by 15minutes. If I came back earlier, I would have been able to save it.

The sales guy called me this morning. He told me after I left and they finished the financing, that the couple drove off the lot and someone running the red light smashed into the car at the first light and totalled the car. Engine is probably shot from what he said. Now I wonder if they had insurance on the car and if they will be reimbursed.

Truly a sad story. 'msteinauer' took such good care of that car too. Now I was wondering this, should I have the sales guy contact that owner and see if we can get some parts off of that for our members? Would that be a bad thing to do? Let me know what u guys think.

NomadTW 04-02-2003 12:22 PM

:(

GreenMarine 04-02-2003 12:32 PM

Dude..... :( :( I almost felt a tear comming up... That is truly a sad story. Someone should castrate the idiotic driver that T-Boned them!!!!!!

LarryIII 04-02-2003 12:44 PM

I'm sorry that that SVX was totaled. Are the man and women that bought it all right ?

Noir 04-02-2003 01:15 PM

re: i believe they are

i believe they are. they went back to subaru after the accident.

Noir 04-02-2003 04:51 PM

talking to the adjuster

i'm trying to make a deal with the insurance adjuster to see if i can buy it from them. the body shop has to come up with a quote before they can deem it totalled. damage is on the right side. i'm going to take a look at it tomorrow and see what can be taken out of it.

Seraph 04-02-2003 05:02 PM

Harry please PM me regarding the car.