The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   North Jersey/New York SVX pplz (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36987)

SVXtacy 01-15-2007 10:15 PM

North Jersey/New York SVX pplz

Who's from the North Jersey/NYC area? All these meets are happening on the other side of the world. We should start running our own stuff, or at least meet with a local group and rep. the SVX. It'll be fun. The Import Fanatix (importfanatix.com) have been a group I've been with for a bit. The meets are interesting, we always get food, and it's always a great time. People are always bringing their cameras (pros and semi-pros) and taking pics and videos of everyone's cars. The only people I know are me and bxsvx which might be selling his SVX soon:eek: SOMEONE ANSWER!!!

svx0104 01-15-2007 10:52 PM

i am from upstate ny

LarryIII 01-16-2007 04:37 AM

Rosie & I grew up on the west side of Manhattan and now live in northern Delaware. "Da City" is about 2 1/2 hrs. away by car (slightly faster by SVX with no cops on the NJ Turnpike). I suggest that you hold an SVX Meet at Liberty State Park in northern NJ. We can visit the statue and then take a ferry to lower Manhattan for chow (Did I mention Deli?). We had an SVX Meet there in '99. Only 8 SVXes showed up but it was very nice.

We also had an SVX Meet in June of 2000 at West Point, NY on a Sunday. The brunch at the Thayer Hotel was excellent. There was a Packard Meet there at the same time, so it was terrific. After chow we all drove down rte. 9W to Bear Mountain and took photos at the tower lookout.

These are just a couple of sugestions. I always thought that a winter SVX in Atlantic City ('Roll of Quarters SVX Meet') might be fun, but never organized Hope you organize a meet soon. We will be there.

SVXtacy 01-16-2007 07:57 AM

Cool, now you got me thinkin'. I'm going to wait for a few more people, and try to contact bxsvx, since I'm sure he knows at least 2 or 3 other people.

AlcyoneDaze 01-16-2007 08:22 AM

I'm from north NJ - we have celica meets at the Delaware water gap and the state park roads are excellent for scenic cruises

SVXMAN2001 01-16-2007 09:06 AM

i am down in va now, but will be moving to Long Island, working in manhattan starting in June. So you can count me in for any local meets, I also have family in the tri state area (NY, NJ, PA), so i am in that area often as well.

AlcyoneDaze 01-16-2007 09:43 AM

I know meet planning can be a major hassle when you add stuff like reservations for dinner and motels, but mini-meets where everyone just drives to and from or takes a cruise are pretty easy. definitely count me in

Tim 01-16-2007 11:28 AM

I'm from central jersey.

It's Just Eric 01-16-2007 07:39 PM

South jersey here. Not like its a big difrence, only like 60 miles or so. May wanna see what long island subaru club (LISC) is up to, I know of a few members here that belong to that group. From what I understand they have a meet every week:eek:

SVXtacy 01-16-2007 08:39 PM

So how ya'll wanna do this? I wanna wait till I finish my suspension/exhaust (2 weeks or so) so I have some go, since I have no show:cool:

It's Just Eric 01-16-2007 08:41 PM

Hmm..Your best bet is to put up a thread in the meet section. Pic a location, some genral activities perhaps..Give like a month's notice or so and I'm sure there will be a few people that show up. I know there's a BUNCHLOAD of svxers in the area

LarryIII 01-17-2007 06:01 AM

Yo SVXtacy,

My cousins, Bruno, Vito, Gaetano, & Umberto from "Da Brooklyn SVX Club" are interested in coming a local SVX Meet. They all have black SVXes and can get really good canoli. :D :D

Lorenzo di Contare

mikecg 01-17-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
South jersey here. Not like its a big difrence, only like 60 miles or so. May wanna see what long island subaru club (LISC) is up to, I know of a few members here that belong to that group. From what I understand they have a meet every week:eek:

Your not in South Jersey. I'm in South Jersey. Your about an hour north of me. I always laugh at the South Jersey SCCA group. All there events and meetings are over a hour drive for me. Some times I think 3/4 of jersey is considered South Jersey.

~*~JenSVX~*~ 01-17-2007 11:44 AM

I'm on Long Island and i'd be willing to meet up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001
i am down in va now, but will be moving to Long Island, working in manhattan starting in June. So you can count me in for any local meets, I also have family in the tri state area (NY, NJ, PA), so i am in that area often as well.

Well than svxman... Lookie here:
http://www.longislandsubaruclub.com

We could use another svx in the group!!! My car gets lonely hangin out with all the wrx/legacys/sti's

SVXtacy 01-17-2007 12:10 PM

All righty then!! Give me a few days, and I'll post this up in the "meets" section. I wanna get all my stuff ready, then I'll post and we'll pick a day and a rain date, I'll check the area for some good grub, or Da Brooklyn SVX Club can let us know of somethin' good. Damn, this is gonna be cool.