The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody in NJ who could check this out? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11408)

SVXRide 06-17-2003 01:31 PM

Anybody in NJ who could check this out?

Anyone on the site near this dealership in NJ? Figure it might be a good garage mate for my 175k (and allow me to turn the 175k into a full time Auto-X car):D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31871

-Bill (no, I'm not trying to be Larry III Jr.)

RSVX 06-17-2003 01:46 PM

Thats right around the corner from me. I will gladly go take a look for you. I have a few initial worries just by looking at the auction. And I am in no way a subject matter expert, so please correct me where need be.

1. Its obviously and L or LE (no wood trim), with that, is it possible for it to be an AWD model?

2. Its listed as a 1995, when did the 60/40 rear seat split become incorporated, I thought it was before 1995?

3. Carfax anyone????? VIN: JF1CX3350SH100076

SVXRide 06-17-2003 02:01 PM

Chris,
Yeah, I had the same questions, thus the request for a "hands on" inspection. From the looks of the VIN, it is a very early model (#76?), so Subaru might have switched things later in the model year.
Thanks!!
-Bill

benebob 06-17-2003 02:10 PM

95 On ebay

She's a 95 L or at least that is what it decodes as in my system. The AWD and ABS came as a package on the L series in that year.

svxcess 06-17-2003 02:15 PM

The X33 in the VIN means it's an LS AWD (The LSi VIN has X35 in the VIN)

The L and the LS both had gray cloth interior and a 1 piece fold down rear seat. The top-of-the-line Lsi with leather had the split 50/50 rear seat.

The L was front wheel drive only. (It said in the ebay ad that the car was an AWD) So it is definitely an LS

benebob 06-17-2003 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
The X33 in the VIN means it's an LS AWD (The LSi VIN has X35 in the VIN)

The L and the LS both had gray cloth interior and a 1 piece fold down rear seat. The top-of-the-line Lsi with leather had the split 50/50 rear seat.

The L was front wheel drive only. (It said in the ebay ad that the car was an AWD) So it is definitely an LS

The L was not FWD only. I have one as proof. AWD was an option for the L in 95. It decodes in my work computer as an L but no options list aside from the standard L model so no idea if this one really is AWD and has ABS. There was no LS for 95 I don't think. The LE from 94 was strictly FWD if I remember correctly.

svx_commuter 06-17-2003 02:46 PM

Do you want to bet it ends up selling for more than $6k?

benebob 06-17-2003 02:49 PM

SVX on ebay

I should hope it would! Heck even a 95 Legacy with 70k on it should sell for about 6ish in great shape with a decent service history.

svx_commuter 06-17-2003 02:59 PM

So what do you think? $9k?

svxcess 06-17-2003 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

The L was not FWD only. I have one as proof. AWD was an option for the L in 95. It decodes in my work computer as an L but no options list aside from the standard L model so no idea if this one really is AWD and has ABS. There was no LS for 95 I don't think. The LE from 94 was strictly FWD if I remember correctly.

You are correct. The 95 L model did indeed offer AWD and ABS as an option (with the active safety group, whatever that is)

According to Joe Spitz, he L came standard with 4 speaker stereo (no tweeters in the dash) matte gray finish dashboard and console and without a spoiler, which was optional.

The LS and LSi had the wood grain dash and 6 speaker stereo standard, as well as the spoiler.
Only the LSi, with leather, had the split 50/50 seat. The L and LS were one piece

For more info go to http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html

However, looking at the photos on ebay, it has tweeters in the dash and the spoiler as well, along with the gray dash and cloth seats. maybe Joe Spitz's site is in error.:confused:

benebob 06-17-2003 07:04 PM

SVX on Ebay

I would think that this if it is in 9 out of 10 shape would bring about 8k. 7k on ebay at best though. Ebay seems to increase the value of crap while decreasing the value of the good stuff.

All the SVXs have the tweeter holes (mine does just empty). The spoiler seems to be on virtually every L from 95 that I have seen. I'd say Joe's right on;)

wawazat?? 06-17-2003 08:25 PM

Nice looking car Bill

I say use this one for your toy car. It's lighter (fewer options) and a has a lower Cg (no sunroof). Just a thought.

Todd

Ron Mummert 06-17-2003 08:32 PM

...and, Bill, it has that rarest of rare SVX features, the auto AND MANUAL shifter!!!! Tiptronic from Japan. I bid 10K!

Ron (Clutchin' my manual).

mhl0125 06-18-2003 05:24 AM

I looked at this car a fgew weeks back. The dents of the driver's door are very noticeable in person as are the other minor dings on the hood he mentions. It has a power steering leak. There are things protruding from the front bumper that he can't explain. The interior could use a shampoo. I started it, but didn't drive it. It sounded OK. There are some minor side dings, but other than the driver's door, it is very straight. he had it on ebay before and the bidding didn't get very high. If I remember right, he wants $7000 for it. I think for that price you can find a better one.

RSVX 06-18-2003 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mhl0125
I looked at this car a fgew weeks back. The dents of the driver's door are very noticeable in person as are the other minor dings on the hood he mentions. It has a power steering leak. There are things protruding from the front bumper that he can't explain. The interior could use a shampoo. I started it, but didn't drive it. It sounded OK. There are some minor side dings, but other than the driver's door, it is very straight. he had it on ebay before and the bidding didn't get very high. If I remember right, he wants $7000 for it. I think for that price you can find a better one.
The "things protruding from the front bumper" are anti animal "horns". They are supposed to emit a level of sound that the human ear cannot hear and scare animals (deer) away.

I will try to go and drive it this weekend, that is unless you dont want me to after mhl0125's post.