The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not so Good News (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21241)

mark10t 09-10-2004 02:09 PM

Not so Good News

Hey, Guys. I haven't posted much here in a while, but have been doing some 'lurking' when I've been able to, but it looks like I might have some extra time on my hands to check into our forum in the next month or so (I won't be driving my SVX anytime soon).

I'm sending this message from my hospital room at the U of M oncology department. It seems I've been diagnosed with Acute Leukemia and will be here for at least the next 4 weeks or so. I guess It was my turn to have the 'piano fall from the sky'. Thank God that there is a computer in the room and I can still stay 'connected' during my treatment.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers during my ordeal and would encourage any of you that have a mind to, to donate blood or sign up as a bone marrow transplant donor. It appears that bone marrow transplants are going to be a big part of my road to recovery besides the initial chemo treatments (which I start later today).

Thanks for keeping the spirits going.

-Mark

shelfy 09-10-2004 02:12 PM

ugh. :( sorry to hear about your illness.

Dza 09-10-2004 02:22 PM

My best wishes go out to you and yours.
I'll look more into how to become a marrow donor. Same as organ donor? (as I am already one of those).

dcarrb 09-10-2004 02:33 PM

Mark,

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hang tough.

dcb

mbtoloczko 09-10-2004 03:40 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear. :-( My best wishes for you. Have you read Lance Armstrong's book yet?

CGLathrop 09-10-2004 04:35 PM

Best wishes

I am sure everyone here will be wishing you a speedy recovery.

There was a Navy Chief I worked with overseas. He was told that he was between stages 2 and 3 of Leukemia. It took about 9 months, but he was finally told he was in remission. It ment lots of trips to the hospital and lots of treatment. Hopefully your condition will improve and you to will be in remission soon.

See you at the 15th anniversary meet! :)

Chris

LarryIII 09-10-2004 06:48 PM

Mark,

You have all our prayers. Hang in there and beat those microscopic bugs.

Alycone 09-10-2004 07:06 PM

Sorry to hear you're sick. Being stuck in the hospital for that long doesn't sound like fun, glad to hear you have a computer so you can keep in contact with the outside world. Hope you get better soon.

Chiketkd 09-10-2004 08:43 PM

Get well soon Mark! :)

Think happy, positive thoughts - like three SVXs carving up some backroads (you and two friends) with no over heating trannies or roaring bearings! :p

-Chike

svxash 09-10-2004 09:23 PM

Mark,
Hope all goes well for you. Try and keep a positive outlook. Remember you have friends and family right here on the forum wishing you the best.
Take care,
Juan

Ron Mummert 09-10-2004 09:30 PM

If the thoughts & prayers from a few hundred of us SVX nuts will do the trick, then you'll kick this thing with a vengence. Please hang in there, & check in with us as often as you can.
My best wishes to you & your family.

Ron.

AppStateSVX 09-10-2004 09:46 PM

I'll be Praying for you man, Just have faith that you will be healed of it, believe it with all of your heart. ;)

NikFu S. 09-10-2004 09:57 PM

Sometimes victory means everything.
Fight hard, man.

n00b on demand 09-11-2004 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MidnightBlack92
I'll be Praying for you man, Just have faith that you will be healed of it, believe it with all of your heart. ;)
I couldnt agree more. Stay strong and pray. My dad had cancer too...unfortunatley he lost his battle with it because it had spread far too much for it to be treated. But dont worry u got all of us here and all of our prayers. I know you'll be fine. ;)

immortal_suby 09-11-2004 07:33 AM

My father in law donated bone marrow to his brother about 2 years ago. He has made a great recovery.
Take care.