The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   OT...even for here (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12538)

SHISVX 08-10-2003 08:54 AM

OT...even for here

but i am so darn proud of myself :D

as of Monday, August 4, 2003 at 11:59 i have become a nonsmoker! Did it cold turkey, and still going strong, now i don't even have the urge to have one much...just want to chew a stick of gum and not even the nicotine gum. Kelli did gooodddd! :D

Kelli

mikecg 08-10-2003 09:40 AM

withdraw

So whats worse?

Nicoten withdraw or SVX dithdraw??;)

Landshark 08-10-2003 10:22 AM

congrats! i quit about 3 weeks ago. i don't think i'll ever go back, but i'm EXTREMELY irritable and i wander around the house looking for something to do all the time. i'm going to build a working SVX entirely out of toothpicks later.

Stevebsy 08-10-2003 10:44 AM

Congrats!

My wife quit smoking awhile ago...but is now hooked on nicorette gum. Not nearly as bad for you, but costs more than smokes :eek:

Hopefully she will kick them too....preferrably when I'm on vacation or away for awhile :P

LarryIII 08-10-2003 10:53 AM

Kelli,

I was a 2-pack-a -day man. I quit cold turkey in June 1979.
I know what it feels like. You'll feel better if you punch something. I know I did. I punched out my 5-drawer file cabinet at work. It was a std. joke among my coworkers for about 20 years.

Take it one hour at a time and send me a PM/e-mail if you want to talk. Good Luck to you.

Noir 08-10-2003 10:58 AM

re: congratz

good job kelli, keep it up! :D

Subafreak 08-10-2003 11:04 AM

I hope you can hang on Kelli, my freind has quit 3 times already and is currently still suckin the butt( good for me becouse I bet him every time he tries). It really is a habit I don't understand, it seems to be a personal weakness that one must be sucking on something to be able to feel good about being themselfs. I don't know I just don't understand addics.

Bobb 08-10-2003 11:46 AM

Quitting

Hi Kelly, Now you know your smarts have kicked in. I smoked till my daughter was month two in the womb. I thought, do I want to be here for her? You bet. So I quit after 20 or 25 years of puffing away. Now I see people paying $5.00 for a pack of future ash. Its real simple. It does nothing for you except kill you. You will always be ahead by not smoking.
Now for something completly different. How is your nursing course coming. Or have you changed. I think most of the people on the site would like to know.
So congrats on being a nonsmoker. Take care, BOBB

SHISVX 08-10-2003 11:47 AM

thanks for the support all.

addiction is a very funny thing, while i don't think i was addicted as some people could be, i still should not have been doing it. it is really hard to stop doing something not only after it is a habit, but also when your body chemically believes that it needs a certain type of drug. ask any previous smoker...there are those times where they would love to just light up...hopefully i will always be able to fight that urge, so far, i had a pretty stressful week..so i guess i am doing good.

i have been told that quiting cigg smoking is harder then stopping heroin usage...probably because of the legality and the availability issues, don't know how true it is, but oh well

and i actually believe that i will miss the svx more...i miss it like crazy...:( i mean i can always go out to the store and buy another pack...but i can't ever get my car back now :(

Kelli

Landshark 08-10-2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
I don't know I just don't understand addics.
92 SVX #772 120k 5speed
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. Idle prodject
91 Loyal wagon 4"body 2"suspension
30/9.50/15 tires 323k
90 Legacy wagon. with duel 3"tip and a cold air intake.

nope, you'd never know what being an addict is like. ;) :D

ensteele 08-10-2003 11:48 AM

Kelli

I am proud of you. I know it is hard to quit, but well worth the effort for how you feel and your health. Keep it up. Good goin' :)

What do turkeys have to do with it anyway? ;)

Subafreak 08-10-2003 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

nope, you'd never know what being an addict is like. ;) :D

Oh,... I get it now. I'll never give up my Subies. That reminds me.

SHISVX 08-10-2003 12:18 PM

Re: Quitting

Quote:

Originally posted by Bobb
. How is your nursing course coming. Or have you changed. I think most of the people on the site would like to know.
So congrats on being a nonsmoker. Take care, BOBB

i have been accepted to two nursing schools. i am going back in January. i finished my EMT class and i will be nationally certified hopefully. i am going to get my criminal justice degree in the fall in the mean time, just to have an extra degree to fall back on. and i should be able to test off on my paramedic come next spring, and then i can go be an ALS nurse

Kelli

mikecg 08-10-2003 01:27 PM

You could even get use out of both degrees and go for Medical Law.

Andy 08-10-2003 02:32 PM

Many congratulations, there is no bigger turn-off than smokers breath. Now that you have given up, I may even let you snog me