The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Check this... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6548)

SHISVX 10-21-2002 12:42 PM

Check this...

i was at work...and i saw a 92 LsL in the parking lot. i found the owner and popped my head in..

she had heart shaped rims...>BLEHHHH

she had this horriable new dash set...BLEHHHH

but the amazing part about the car...the miles done..40K!!!!!!

damn...any other 92 with less miles?????

the car was in pretty good condition with a few dents and dings. it was made 9/91 like mine too. the engine was a discrace...dirty as hell. it made me want to cry.

Kelli

i didn't tell her about us....

wasions 10-21-2002 12:45 PM

Heart shaped rims?

Her name wasn't Barbie (TM), was it?

Aredubjay 10-21-2002 12:46 PM

Re: Check this...

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
i didn't tell her about us....
Kinda figured that out by the post prior to this statement. :D

SHISVX 10-21-2002 12:49 PM

Re: Re: Check this...

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Kinda figured that out by the post prior to this statement. :D

i couldn't just ask..."Barbie" if she would like to join us...hell the dumb blonde didn't know that her car was a 92...LMAO i couldn't do that to you guyz..;)

Kelli

Mr. Pockets 10-21-2002 01:24 PM

Quote:

but the amazing part about the car...the miles done..40K!!!!!!

damn...any other 92 with less miles?????

My mom's only has about 50k miles on it. She drives the car very rarely, so it'll stay low-mileage for a long, long time. :)

Seraph 10-21-2002 02:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Check this...

Quote:

i couldn't just ask..."Barbie" if she would like to join us...hell the dumb blonde didn't know that her car was a 92...LMAO i couldn't do that to you guyz..;)

Kelli

You are taking my fun away from me :(

sfsvx 10-21-2002 04:09 PM

Quote:

she had heart shaped rims...>BLEHHHH

she had this horriable new dash set...BLEHHHH

The ride must be pretty bumpy. Where do you s'pose she gets heart-shaped tires? All the ones I see are round. :D :D

What do you mean by a "dash set"? New overlays for the fake wood?

Jamsvx 10-21-2002 05:51 PM

Mine has 64,000km and is a 1992. I know of another 1992 that had 41,000km on it when I saw it in about Dec 2001... *does a quick conversion*

39,767 miles on mine

James

svxeno 10-21-2002 06:55 PM

I have a 1979 Fiat Spider 2000 w/ just under 30,000 miles on it but THAT doesn't count here! My 1992 SVX has 112k+ like most everyone elses. I just wanted to contribute.

Randy (Can I average the two together?) ii

Ron Mummert 10-21-2002 08:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by svxeno
[B]I have a 1979 Fiat Spider 2000 w/ just under 30,000 miles on it but THAT doesn't count here! My 1992 SVX has 112k+ like most everyone elses. I just wanted to contribute.

So, Randy....did you go pick it & drive it home, or have it Fed Exed?

Ron.

svxeno 10-21-2002 08:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
[B]
Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno
I have a 1979 Fiat Spider 2000 w/ just under 30,000 miles on it but THAT doesn't count here! My 1992 SVX has 112k+ like most everyone elses. I just wanted to contribute.

So, Randy....did you go pick it & drive it home, or have it Fed Exed?

Ron.

Ron,

I had it FedEx'd. Good thing too. It was in rough shape. I spent the entire weekend cleaning and checking and making it roadworthy.

It was just plain nasty! Cobwebs inside and out. "Something" lived inside it by making a nest out of the Onwers Manual in the glove box. I hope I don't discover the remnants of it somewhere.

Thanks for checking on it. As for the SVX, I'm waiting on the little window regulator thingy for the drivers side door and I just got my new rear ashtray to fill the only hole the car had that it shouldn't have had.

Tomorrow I'm taking the Fiat to get registered then into the office I go. I took it to show it to a couple of friends of mine. They thought it was great! One of them was born the same year as the Fiat. She then told another friend of theirs that my other car was really "cool"...the SVX of course.

I am such a happy man!! "WOOHOO!"

Randy (Quoting Homer Simpson) ii

Ron Mummert 10-21-2002 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno

Tomorrow I'm taking the Fiat to get registered then into the office I go. I took it to show it to a couple of friends of mine. They thought it was great! One of them was born the same year as the Fiat. She then told another friend of theirs that my other car was really "cool"...the SVX of course.

I am such a happy man!! "WOOHOO!"

Randy (Quoting Homer Simpson) ii

You tried out thet Fee-yacht A/C system yet? Let's see how fast ewe kin drop that top!

Ron (quoting Homer & Jethro).

svxeno 10-22-2002 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

You tried out thet Fee-yacht A/C system yet? Let's see how fast ewe kin drop that top!

Ron (quoting Homer & Jethro).

Ron,

I've put 70 miles on it so far. ALL topless. (All the other drivers wish I had tinted windows)

The AC system on it is gone! While looking under the hood I noticed that the compressor was missing. I assume my mother went to have it repaired and was unable to afford to get it back. I'll be contacting the shop to get the service history. I just had new tires put on and had the brake system bled. Needs lots-o-work. But at least now it's safe, insured and registered.

It'll be the weekend before I do more work on the Fee-yacht. First I gotz to fix the driverside window regulator for the SVX. You know what's great about these two cars? I get an entirely different kinda buzz outta drivin' each one. (The Fiat reminds me how refined the SVX really is)

Randy (Doesn't know who he is quoting) ii

Pure_Insanity8 10-22-2002 07:46 PM

AHHHH!

Treatment of just about any car in that fashion is just wrong... let alone an SVX. Kelli, are you telling us you did nothing to remedy this young lady's wrong doings? I know I would have had much trouble fighting my urge to go into a violent fit of rage:) You should try and find her again and offer to buy it... she sounds pretty stupid (car wise) and would maybe let it go for next to nothing. Probably she'd want thirty grand for it, actually. Either way, if she doesn't sell, I think it should mysteriously disappear from her garage one night.;)

-Aaron

SHISVX 10-22-2002 09:19 PM

Re: AHHHH!

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8
Treatment of just about any car in that fashion is just wrong... let alone an SVX. Kelli, are you telling us you did nothing to remedy this young lady's wrong doings? I know I would have had much trouble fighting my urge to go into a violent fit of rage:) You should try and find her again and offer to buy it... she sounds pretty stupid (car wise) and would maybe let it go for next to nothing. Probably she'd want thirty grand for it, actually. Either way, if she doesn't sell, I think it should mysteriously disappear from her garage one night.;)

-Aaron

actually i was contemplating among the same lines...

steal her rims for my own evil doing...

something along the lines of paintin um yellow and um.....wait...i can't unleash my reading plans this early...:D (laughs in a crazy manner)

Kelli ;)

but i did have to fight the urge to hit her over the head with a tire iron..;)