The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   BRZ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60252)

Conn SVX 07-18-2012 07:19 AM

BRZ

I know we talked about this already can't find it. I was talking to a guy , his mother bough the Scion version. He is trying to tell me it is better that the Subaru.The Subaru dealer told me just the opposite ( what a surprise )

Landshark 07-18-2012 07:24 AM

Re: BRZ

As i understand it, the Subaru is a better value due to the price and what features you get as standard.

I think the Scion is set up to be more tail-happy as far as suspension. Other than that, i think its just appearance ( i like the FR-S front end better.)

vagabond 07-18-2012 07:32 AM

Its the other way around.

Scion is cheaper and better value and higher production numbers.

Subaru tuned the chassis and suspension differently on the BRZ for performance driving.

Better is subjective to what you want out of it.

Landshark 07-18-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagabond (Post 708332)
Its the other way around.

Scion is cheaper and better value and higher production numbers.

Yes, the Scion is cheaper, but the extras you get with the BRZ for a little more money make it a better value.

'E' 07-18-2012 08:01 AM

it's like deciding which twin you think is better looking :lol:

Crazy_pilot 07-18-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 708333)
Yes, the Scion is cheaper, but the extras you get with the BRZ for a little more money make it a better value.

This. The BRZ is available with standard features the Scion can't even get (like Nav). The limited trim is very nice, got to try one out a couple weeks ago. Excellent seats. The faux-CF dash of the Scion is tacky, and the silver slab dash of the BRZ is bland, so no real win there.

The Subie also gets more refined traction control and suspension (Which is why the FR-S is the more tail happy of the two), HID headlights and LED running lights. Over time I see the two basically merging into one car, as FR-S owners buy Subaru headlights, and Subaru owners buy FR-S bumpers.

solarsvx 07-18-2012 09:58 AM

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/br...he-difference/

the cure to all your questions,

your welcome , LOL

RojoRocket 07-18-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'E' (Post 708334)
it's like deciding which twin you think is better looking :lol:

Or whether you want to buy it from the folks that engineered and built it, or the folks that "styled" and bankrolled it? ;)

Glenn

Crazy_pilot 07-18-2012 11:23 AM

I wonder how well these would fit in an SVX....

http://subaru.ca/content/7907/Media/...portSeat_L.jpg

vagabond 07-18-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 708333)

Value is subjective. If you dont want to pay for a standard equipment at a higher price its not really a value.

Depends on the customer really. It's all up to what you want at what price you want to pay.

Either car will behave the same with what most people will change.

Dampers, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Pads etc.

crazyhorse 07-18-2012 09:33 PM

I think the BRZ/FR-S debate is kind of like the firebird vs camaro. It really is the same car, just very minor differences.

Huskymaniac 07-19-2012 08:22 AM

I like the BRZ front more. The Scion looks like a "mom" car. Wait, it IS a mom car!

icingdeath88 07-19-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 708372)
I think the BRZ/FR-S debate is kind of like the firebird vs camaro. It really is the same car, just very minor differences.

I agree. But the firebird was better :P

Huskymaniac 07-19-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 708392)
I agree. But the firebird was better :P

Agreed. I had a Firebird once. It was a castrated 80s version though. I always had a soft spot for that awesome firebird hood decal on the 70s versions. Maybe it was Smokey and The Bandit that influenced my early childhood but I still like that car. Hell, I almost bought one that was recently for sale in our area. My wife actually was the owner of our Firebird and still loves that car so I may buy her one some day as a surprise.

Landshark 07-19-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagabond (Post 708355)
Value is subjective. If you dont want to pay for a standard equipment at a higher price its not really a value.

Depends on the customer really. It's all up to what you want at what price you want to pay.

it would be a value for most i would think, except for the less than 1% who want to use it as a stripped out parking lot cone racer.

if i were to get one, i would have to consider the cost of putting an FR-S front bumper on the BRZ, vs adding BRZ HID projectors and painting the horrible faux carbon fiber trim on the FR-S. Navigation would be nice, but i could live without it.