The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New How-To Document Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53681)

ensteele 04-03-2010 01:48 PM

New How-To Document Forum

I finally have some time to start on the How-To Documents and we will have a new Forum set up to display all of the following sections or sub-forums like we have in the Mod Forum that so many of you suggested:

Body
Brakes
Detailing
Differential
Electrical
Engine
Exhaust
Interior
Misc
OBDI
OBDII
Steering
Stereo
Suppliers / Part Numbers / Lists
Suspension
SVX Information
SVX Maintenance
Transmission
Wheels / Tires

I will probably post the same documents from the old site to this new one so it is more organized and add many that I have ready to go that I could not post before.

You will be able to see it, but remember that it will not be complete instantly, and will be populated over the next few days.

If any of you have How-To Documents that are not posted and would like to add them to the forum, send them to me in a word document and I will post them in pdf format. I will edit them so they are in the same format they all have the same size text and spell checked.

I hope this will do and make these more easily gotten to. Thanks for your help. :)

NeedForSpeed 04-03-2010 03:40 PM

Re: New How-To Document Forum

Nice job Earl :D

bwb3 04-05-2010 11:20 AM

.............and a BIG thank you.
Gene

ensteele 04-05-2010 11:40 AM

The new section was supposed to be put up on Sunday night, but I will find out why it wasn't. We will get it up soon. I have everything ready to go onto it and when it is done, I will let everyone know and if there is something that needs to be put on it, let me know. Thanks :)

SoCal LS-L 04-05-2010 01:41 PM

Ive been hoping for this for some time Earl, great work!

NiftySVX 04-05-2010 05:53 PM

This is no small amount of work on your part. I thank you.

ensteele 04-05-2010 06:05 PM

As long as it is for the good of the order, its worth it. ;) :)

Lookin4SVX 04-05-2010 07:05 PM

Thanks, this should be most helpful.

Trevor 04-05-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 641379)
As long as it is for the good of the order, its worth it. ;) :)

N.B. I have already offered to assist in this project. You only have to shout. :D

RSVX 04-06-2010 07:23 AM

My apologies for the delay.

Life, as usual, got in the way!

Perhaps I will be able to get to it... today.

Okay, that was really lame, but whatever!:tard:

SilverSpear 04-06-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 641452)
My apologies for the delay.

Life, as usual, got in the way!

Perhaps I will be able to get to it... today.

Okay, that was really lame, but whatever!:tard:

Man you were rhyming... thought it was the beginning of a hiphop song :D

RSVX 04-06-2010 07:51 AM

Done and done...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Get to work, Earle!!

SilverSpear 04-06-2010 08:17 AM

Chris, why can't we add into it? I mean why can't members share their purchasing/DIY experience themselves instead of filtering through Earl?

Not against Earl, but I can imagine the load of work he will be going though in filling all these segments... If each member PMs Earl about a certain thing now, what will happen to the poor guy :D

As for the suppliers, I suggest they be renamed to "Good Suppliers" and "Suppliers to Avoid"...

Anyways, this is my HO, by the end of the day, you guys are running the show so it is up to you.

Sid E. Ryner 04-06-2010 08:43 AM

God bless you, Earl

RSVX 04-06-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 641457)
Chris, why can't we add into it? I mean why can't members share their purchasing/DIY experience themselves instead of filtering through Earl?

Not against Earl, but I can imagine the load of work he will be going though in filling all these segments... If each member PMs Earl about a certain thing now, what will happen to the poor guy :D

As for the suppliers, I suggest they be renamed to "Good Suppliers" and "Suppliers to Avoid"...

Anyways, this is my HO, by the end of the day, you guys are running the show so it is up to you.

Clutter, clutter, responses, pissing contests, chest beating, etc... its just better this way. Keeps you and everyone else from having to sift through the aforementioned off-topic stuff that inevitably invades a thread.