The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rested car? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51013)

Dominus 07-20-2009 12:41 PM

Rested car?

So I just got back from a couple weeks in Italy and once again got to drive my SVX. I was pleasently surprised. The car ran very smoothly, shifted well, cornered and steered better than I remembered and had plenty of power. Now this got me wondering, is it because my car was tired and now that it had a couple weeks to rest it is performing better? This doesn't make sense even to me, but I can't come up with any other reason why it would be performing better than I expected. What do you think?

AppStateSVX 07-20-2009 04:37 PM

Re: Rested car?

you just hadn't driven it in a while. machines don't get "tired"

SoCal LS-L 07-20-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominus (Post 610306)
Is it because my car was tired and now that it had a couple weeks to rest it is performing better? This doesn't make sense even to me, but I can't come up with any other reason why it would be performing better than I expected. What do you think?

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...05/albundy.jpg

BRADY 07-21-2009 06:54 PM

Did you drive other cars during your trip?

I always enjoy the sensation of getting back into my SVX after I have driven "LESSER" cars, like the 2009 BMW 318i I drove around South Africa.

Nothing this side of $100,000 can come close to the SVX for all-round driving pleasure.

oab_au 07-21-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADY (Post 610512)
Did you drive other cars during your trip?

I always enjoy the sensation of getting back into my SVX after I have driven "LESSER" cars, like the 2009 BMW 318i I drove around South Africa.

Nothing this side of $100,000 can come close to the SVX for all-round driving pleasure.

Gee you were game driving a BMW around South Africa, they think is stands for "Break My Windows".:D

Harvey.

dcarrb 07-22-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADY (Post 610512)

Cool, a new comeback for when people chide me for driving these old cars.

dcb

JaySVX 07-22-2009 06:59 AM

I enjoy driving my SVX, but the fact that I don't daily drive it I think makes it all the better. Daily I drive a Ford Excursion, so the smooth acceleration, excelent handling, and almost silent engine of my SVX is a breath of fresh air when I take it out.

The SVX will always stand out from conventional cars. Some cars may be quicker, some more comfortable, and some more features, however very rarely do you get everything in above average standards wrapped into one.

Subie59 07-22-2009 07:30 AM

i drive my wife's 2001 Legacy GT. Great car, all leather, fun car to drive. But when I get in my SVX there is no comparison....
When I drive my daughter's 1997 legacy wagon (also a nice car) it's like night and day.
And even my mint 280ZX turbo does not compare to the drive of the SVX. The 280zx feels faster but in fact it's about the same 0-60 as the SVX....Certainly nowhere near the comfort of the SVX.
In fact I am considering selling the 280 because while I love to drive it.... It really offers me nothing more than the SVX accept some nostalgia and a lot more responses from car lovers whenever I drive it.

Sid E. Ryner 07-22-2009 08:37 AM

Most of the times I drive my SVX on weekends, and I use my nissan sentra SE-R as my daily driver.
I must say the SVX is special I take longer route just to enjoy the drive.
I drive my mom lexus gs 300 sometimes, but it is smoother & more spacious than than SVX. Everyday I see why Earl have many SVXi.
peace,
sid