The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jae 2005 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23255)

Phil Hill 12-15-2004 02:25 PM

Jae 2005

Hi guys

Just received this email from Claire at JAE, thought I'd post it for everyone's benifit:

Subject: JAE 2005
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:18:47 -0000

I hope this email finds you well and you are looking forward to the festive season and 2005! With 2005 comes JAE...bigger and better!

The letters, questionnaires and e-mails we received following JAE 2004 have proved extremely valuable but I do not propose in going into detail again. However, a couple of the key points were:

Numbers for 2004 were up 50% on the previous year with over 15,000 people attending over the whole weekend. This is a fantastic result and we hope everyone had a great time. However, it did leave us with problems in terms of food stalls and in the amount of space available for camping.
Billing Aquadrome did make an effort to keep the toilets in full working order and open shower blocks earlier. Litter was cleared away and 24-hour security was better than previous years. However, they too were caught out with the numbers and are at the very limit of their capabilities.

All the positive and negative feedback has been reviewed and researched for 2005. The Organisation have had numerous meetings with Billing and other venues. It has been decided that Japanese Auto Extravaganza will be moved to The East of England Showground, which is only about 20miles from Billing Aquadrome.

The Organisation's rationale behind this move is:

The capacity of JAE is now overwhelming for Billing Aquadrome
Lack of support in Marshalling and Security
Too much reliance on Billing Aquadrome means insufficient control for JAE

With the above in mind, JAE 2005 will have a new venue, The East of England Showground. This is a secured venue, large enough to hold ALL car clubs/traders and have a designated camping areas. The area that is dedicated to JAE is flat, grassed and with some hard standing areas. There is a speedway track with grandstand. There will be three main gates for entry and exit which have been split into Clubs, Traders and Public. Public parking will be in the general carpark. This reduces any chance that they park on clubs or traders stands. With the space provided by the new showground we can significantly increase the space allocated to all the cars. that means the squeeze of recent years will now be a thing of the past.

More details of the above will be sent to you in the new year in the JAE brochure that will have all the details of the show, booking forms and Terms and Conditions.

It is important that your Club is aware of these changes as soon as possible, so please communicate this information. If you have any questions about the change in venue please contact Claire Williams (Clubs) John Fuggles (Traders)

Billing Aquadrome were in agreement with The Organisation, that JAE's capacity had exceeded Billing capabilities. However, the relationship is strong with Billing and other events are already being arranged there.

The Organisation are developing a brochure which will be sent out in the new year, more updates to follow. Please check the JAE website for further info.

Claire Williams
The Organisation
Mobile: 07798 600420
Office: 08700 109705
www.the-organisation.org

Phil. (the other one !!)

svxistentialist 12-17-2004 08:37 AM

I liked that Billings place. It had a lot of things about of interest.

Hope this East of England Showground has enough security on hand to eject those thugs flying around on small motorcycles. That was the only downer for me.

Joe

The only one :rolleyes:

Phil Hill 12-17-2004 01:10 PM

Phone call from Claire.......

Ok guys, I've just had a call from Claire at JAE following up the email.

She said they have now confirmed JAE 2005 will be held 22nd to 24th July 2005 at the East of England Showground, Peterborough.

She also said that to address some of the issues from last year there would be :

Separate entrances and exits for : Car clubs, Traders, and General public. So that's three separate entrances and exits all weekend. Traders entrance/exit will only be open certain times of the day.

General public parking will be outside the event, the public will all enter on foot.

They are planning to have a wider selection of catering available this year.

They are planning to revive the japanese auto-jumble which was held at previous JAE events.

They are planning to have a site "radio" station via PA all weekend to inform and entertain during the day.

Claire is contacting a wider range of clubs, specifically targeting some of the clubs who have attended previous events, but missed out last year.

As a review of last years event there were :

approx. 3,500~4,000 cars on display.

Total of 15,000 visitors over the weekend, over 7,500 on Saturday alone.

So get the date in your diary, and hope to see you all there.

P.S. Joe (or any other mods) Could this Thread be made "sticky" to the top of the forum so we can all find it between now and then !!

svxistentialist 12-17-2004 06:26 PM

See what I can do Phil.

:D

Numbnuts 12-28-2004 11:49 AM

JAE 2005

Please excuse my ignorance, JAE? What is it, I'm quite new to this, I take it is a meet of some kind,surely not just SVX's, Cant be enough of them in the country

svxistentialist 12-28-2004 01:10 PM

Japanese Auto Extravaganza

Check out last year's thread.

We had a great time at it.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=15600

You should come along this year if you fancy a bit of crack.

I'm opening a book on the odds of James having an SVX by the time the show comes around.

Any takers??

;) :D :D :D

Joe:)

Numbnuts 12-28-2004 03:11 PM

JAE 2005

Unless anything out of the ordinary occurs,I will be there,I'm looking forward to it.
When i bought this car, I did'nt realise what i was buying into regarding the comerarderie, I new nothing about the SVX network but what a great bunch you all seem, always ready with handy hints on what to do and how to do it, Only too happy to join the club

Jamsvx 02-08-2005 02:09 AM

Re: Japanese Auto Extravaganza

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Check out last year's thread.

We had a great time at it.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=15600

You should come along this year if you fancy a bit of crack.

I'm opening a book on the odds of James having an SVX by the time the show comes around.

Any takers??

;) :D :D :D

Please don't tempt me!!

*retreats to corner and rocks back and forth..."must resist, must resist"*

:D

svxistentialist 02-08-2005 02:48 AM

The debil makes you do it!!

Aw c'mon James, be tempted.

You know you want to.:D

I am hoping my Black Betty will look a little bit better than she did for the last JDM.

Maybe even arrive under her own steam!:D

Nobody 02-08-2005 04:05 PM

Seems to me I can make a week off and spend it in the UK:-).
Is it possible to rent a Subaru to be in right color?:-) Prefer AT after bad experince with manual together with steering wheel on the right side during my last holydays in Cyprus:-).
BTW My SVX is back on the road with rebuild engine, this car still has someting to tell. I spent with my friend's STi couple weekends and besides a lot of adrenalin it has noting to tell (me). After two months I sit into SVX and I am still impressed like a first time. I had no other car that impressed me so much (and cost me so much money)
Petr

svxistentialist 02-08-2005 06:15 PM

Sure Petr,

Do come if you can. You could no doubt rent a Subaru.

But they're not that picky. They let me on the SVX site with a Mazda pick-up.:rolleyes: :D

Don't need an Sti to trump that!

Phil Hill 02-09-2005 01:26 AM

Latest from Claire.

Please update your forums/website to state the below. This announcement is also on the JAE website.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUICK UPDATE

The brochure WILL be sent out to your Club Event Organiser shortly. Please do not worry about booking or ordering your club/trade stand, there WILL be plenty of space for everyone! :)

Club Displays:
Club display areas will cost the equivalent of £1.00 a car for the two days i.e. a 20 car plot will cost £20 for the entire weekend.

Entry to the showground is in addition to the cost of a reserved display area and must be paid for on arrival.

£10.00 per car per day only visit (Sat or Sun)
£15.00 per car for the weekend (including camping)

Traders Stand
This year we have FOUR stand spaces they are as follows:
21m x 14m (with 5 weekend vehicle passes) £250.00
14m x 14m (with 4 " " " ) £200.00
14m x 7m (with 3 " " " ) £150.00
7m x 7m (with 2 " " " ) £100.00

Auto Jumble
7m x 7m (with 1 weekend vehicle pass) £50.00

Additional vehicle passes
Are £15.00 per vehicle

In addition to the JAE Brochure going to all clubs/traders booking forms will be linked to the JAE website. More details to follow.

If you have any questions, please get your Club Event Organiser to email me at claire.williams@the-organisation.org

Claire Williams
The Organisation
Mobile: 07798 600420
Office: 08700 109705
www.the-organisation.org

svxistentialist 02-09-2005 04:22 AM

Thanks Phil.

What size did we take last year? Roughly even?

My advice, reserve plenty of space.

If people would like, I can set up another sticky thread, and everyone who is going can log in so we can estimate final numbers.

[Only for Yes I am going/No I can't go posts.]

This thread remains the discussion mechanism.

Phil Hill 02-24-2005 02:33 AM

Update...........

A quick update, I've just received the booking forms from Claire for this year's event. I will need to gauge interest the same as last year to confirm the number of car places on the stand.

The prices look similar to last year: Club stand size awarded on "per car" basis at £1 per car for the whole weekend. I can't remember if I booked for 8 or 10 cars last year, I've checked last years thread and it says 8, so I guess it was 8.

Actual show prices are also similar: £10 per car per day, £15 per car for camping the two days.

So please show your interest ladies and gents, and I will book the stand.

Best regards

Phil.

svxistentialist 02-25-2005 07:11 AM

ME

Count me in.

Looking forward to it already.

Expect to have my engine swap done on the TT Legacy by end of March. After that it's open season on sorting the black SVX car.

Will probably only have the engine swap done by summer. Unlikely I will have the supercharger mods started.

You never know though.;) :D