The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Quick, Quick! Sign up for the Steven's Pass Mini-meet this Sunday! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14782)

manofmayo 12-03-2003 04:01 PM

I've had a client in the weeds around Monroe for 7 years now

Aly....I think you are close

Hmm....you have me doubting myself now.....maybe its taco time.....hmm.....maybe if I wasn't so busy this week I'd go out and check....

I just figured it'd be a great location to get back out on the highway at the light instead of having to cross the hightway.

Troy could sure help right now.....

Alycone 12-03-2003 09:57 PM

Looking at a map, I'm guessing you're refering to the corner that's between Woods Creek Road (right after Chain Lake Rd) and Old Owen Rd, on the North side of HWY 2. The next left off of HWY 2 wouldn't be until after the Monroe city limits, onto 227th Ave.

We could just plan on meeting there, even if it turns out to be a taco time.

Alycone 12-03-2003 10:02 PM

Oh, I found out it is Jack in the box:

yahoo map
:)

Funny, my Thomas guide doesn't list any Eagle Drive, not like we need to go on it, but the discrepancy irritates me. :confused:

I have pics from the last time I was in Monroe in my locker in the accident folder. :D

manofmayo 12-04-2003 12:24 AM

Ok....Lets meet at Jack in the Box (Address 19905 Hwy 2)

I pulled out a Snohomish County Assessors map (if you are interested, you can download it in my locker), the road is Old Owen Road and SR2, but it doesn't show Eagle Drive.

Don't you just love all these maps! I'd trust Thomas Guide over pretty much any commercial map (Yahoo, Expedia, etc).

Hope that helps!

Harold

Alycone 12-04-2003 02:57 AM

I like maps. If only they'd invent ones that would adhere to the steering wheel. Thanks for the Monroe one.

I have found a few mistakes in thomas, most annoyingly where I needed a connecting street near federal way and the only street (according to the map) for 2mi turned out to be a playground. I briefly considered driving through, but thought the monkey bars might be too much of an obstacle. :rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX 12-05-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tdmi2002

Troy could sure help right now.....

I'm back online! Sorry I've been away.

Sounds like you guys have it all figured out, Jack in the Box should be a fine location to meet, big parking lot around there and if we line up at the traffic light right we should all get through onto Hwy 2 together. :)

I mentioned to Nick that if anyone wants to stop by here afterwards, we could probably hang out, have some drinks, etc.

tuzem 12-05-2003 12:28 PM

Ooopss! Now you hit it! DRINKS ARE ON TROY :D ! Just kidding! Thanks for having us over, Troy :)

-Nick

WestCoastSVX 12-05-2003 12:32 PM

:D

Yep, we mostly drink water in this house so I'll spring for all you can drink of the H2O!! :D

Hey Nick, you were talking before about being European and thus you could mix some special drinks or something. You should bring the ingredients for whatever you have in mind. ;)

tuzem 12-05-2003 01:10 PM

sure ! Apple Bombs sound good ? Do you have cocktail glasses?

WestCoastSVX 12-05-2003 03:21 PM

Uh.... not sure! :D We have normal glasses that you drink out of, tall ones and short ones, but cocktail glasses are probably a special type, eh? Like we don't have any of those sticks you stir with or anything, when mixing rum into something I usually just use a fork. :rolleyes: I think we need to get civilized. :D

We do have a few margarita glasses and wine glasses, I *think* they are designated as red wine glasses, but not sure since we don't drink wine. :D

We can make it work though!

Alycone 12-05-2003 07:01 PM

Hey Tuz, should we bring any drink or mixing type things?

tuzem 12-06-2003 03:58 AM

Hey Aly,

I'ts OK if you want to bring something. I figured I'd bring a bottle of rum and some apple juice and some sweet cherries. If you want to bring something you'd have to ask Troy if it's ok to have a kegger at his house :D Just kidding Troy :) You house is very nice and I would hate to see the carpet ruined :D

BTW, it looks like it will be raining Sunday at Monroe but that's OK -- there will be LIGHT SNOW probably in Steven's Pass and that's what we are shooting for, right? :)) hehe!

How is the excitement level? I can't wait -- Noon on Sunday at Jack in the Box.

-Nick

Alycone 12-06-2003 06:05 AM

Sweet cherries? I've got a costco-sized jar of them in my fridge that I need to do something with. :rolleyes:

ensteele 12-06-2003 11:18 AM

I won't be able to got to Stevens Pass, but wondered when you would be back at Troy's. I may come down for the social event! :D Only if it is OK with Troy though. :)

tuzem 12-06-2003 03:50 PM

Hey Earl!

Good to hear from you. I'm thinking probably 6-7pm we should be back in Monroe. You know my number or I'll give you call when we head back. It would be fun to hang out. Dan made it back yet?

BTW, I'll have my friend with the other liquid silver come tomorrow also :D Charge up your digital cameras guys and girls! It should be spectacular :D

-Nick