The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I met a lurker today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14551)

Mr. Pockets 11-20-2003 09:04 AM

I met a lurker today

There's a '92 pearlie at one of the offices across the street. I keep meaning to leave a note on his windshield, but today I found myself driving to the office right behind him. So I pulled into his lot and followed him to a space. I got out, introduced myself, and told him about the club. I said I didn't have a card on me, but told him the address.

'Oh, yeah, I know that site. I go there whenever I have problems with the car.'

He's not a member, but I hope he joins and introduces himself. I always wonder how many people like him there are - people who, for some reason, get some of the benefits of the site but never say hi. I wish they would. We're not so bad. :p

Green1995SVX 11-20-2003 09:40 AM

Just about everyone I meet has been to the site, but hasn't registered. It's pretty discouraging. :(

Mike

Seraph 11-20-2003 09:51 AM

I saw a black over pearl around my house 2 days ago. I left a note. I kept leaving notes. I saw one at the train station a few weeks back too. Another note. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 11-20-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Just about everyone I meet has been to the site, but hasn't registered. It's pretty discouraging. :(

Mike

I don't think it's discouraging - it shows that we have a real good respository of knowledge and experience, but we just don't offer enough on top of that to entice people to actually join.

shelfy 11-20-2003 08:53 PM

Re: I met a lurker today

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
There's a '92 pearlie at one of the offices across the street. I keep meaning to leave a note on his windshield, but today I found myself driving to the office right behind him. So I pulled into his lot and followed him to a space. I got out, introduced myself, and told him about the club. I said I didn't have a card on me, but told him the address.
i keep reading about these "cards." where does one get them so i can be prepared next time i meet someone with an svx?

Seraph 11-20-2003 09:18 PM

Ken,

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ht=invite+card

:)

These will print out on a regular business card template. There is another one that will print out bigger. I like the business card size better because they fit in my wallet better :)

Gargoyle 11-20-2003 09:23 PM

Look in My Locker ( I ripped it outa Jscorse's locker )

*edit* didnt see seraph had put a link in be4 i dug it up lol *

shelfy 11-20-2003 10:42 PM

thanks guys! :)

bx92svx 11-21-2003 08:12 PM

OK You shamed me outta "lurker" into joining my first online group !:o I learn alot from this group, I love my '92 SVX & I want to keep it forever. I still have the Road & Track Guide, all the car magazine reviews, showroom brochure, postcards, even all the newspaper & magazine ads I ripped out years ago! You said to say Hi, so here I am.....Hi !:D

Seraph 11-21-2003 08:14 PM

Hey welcome to the nut house.

NikFu S. 11-21-2003 08:35 PM

as i recall the nut house makes good cookies and brownies, but they are overpriced. correllation? hmm...

svx_commuter 11-24-2003 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bx92svx
OK You shamed me outta "lurker" into joining my first online group !:o I learn alot from this group, I love my '92 SVX & I want to keep it forever. I still have the Road & Track Guide, all the car magazine reviews, showroom brochure, postcards, even all the newspaper & magazine ads I ripped out years ago! You said to say Hi, so here I am.....Hi !:D
You will most likely really like it here :D Welcome :)

I would really like to see your "collection" someday. I think you are the first one with such an extensive collection. Congratulations :D

Aredubjay 11-24-2003 03:11 PM

Quote:

Thank you for "coming out." :D This was my "second" online group. The first was the Yahoo SVX club, which I left to hang out here (as did most of the Yahoo Group).

Welcome, and please, join in when you feel like it. You're among a great bunch o' folks.

wawazat?? 11-24-2003 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
I would really like to see your "collection" someday. I think you are the first one with such an extensive collection. Congratulations :D
Hey John, have you looked in my locker? I've only scanned some of the articles I've collectd over the years. I have a lot of info including a complete dealer parts manual :D

Todd

Oh, by the way, thanks for joining!

svx_commuter 11-25-2003 05:53 AM

Quote:

The Lurker came and left :confused:

Went back to lurking I guess.