The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   wanted: camshafts and intake camshafts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40426)

longassname 08-23-2007 05:22 PM

wanted: camshafts and intake camshafts

I need intake camshafts. I will also buy full sets of camshafts. I can and will supply the boxes to ship them in so that you can pack them propperly without having to go get or buy anything. I need a lot of them. I need them at bargain prices. I need them yesterday.

immortal_suby 08-23-2007 08:08 PM

Michael,
You've been more than generous with me and the various stages of ecutune I've gone through. I have my 215k spare engine out of my 92 sitting in the garage gathering spiders. Are the cams in a higher mileage engine gonna be worth your time to grind? If yes, let me know. I'd be happy to take them out this weekend (if you tell me how to do it properly, I've never done it)

longassname 08-23-2007 11:00 PM

I'll send you boxes and paypal you $100 on Monday. Most of the work in getting cams out is actually in removiing the timing belt and covers. Once the timing belt covers are off all you have to do is remove the valve cover, remove the end caps (held on by 4 bolts), remove the 3 intake cam caps(each held on by 2 bolts), remove the intake cam(rotating the exhaust cam a little helps free the intake cam), remove the 3 exhaust cam caps, and remove the exhaust cam. You'll probably want to take the lash adjusters out and put them in a zip lock for safe keeping. Then repeat on the other side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Michael,
You've been more than generous with me and the various stages of ecutune I've gone through. I have my 215k spare engine out of my 92 sitting in the garage gathering spiders. Are the cams in a higher mileage engine gonna be worth your time to grind? If yes, let me know. I'd be happy to take them out this weekend (if you tell me how to do it properly, I've never done it)

longassname 08-25-2007 11:47 PM

bump...cams cams sell me cams

immortal_suby 08-26-2007 02:22 PM

I can't get the blasted cam pulley bolts broke loose.
I've been on them with a half inch drive and my impact gun for the last 2 hours.
I know I was the last one to tighten them when I did the seals a while back.

They do thread normally, right? lefty loosey?
I have been beating the daylights out of them and they haven't budged.
Mauled a strap wrench and bent my homemade pulley holder tool.

Loaded them up with bel-ray to soak for a while. I may have to buy a new impact gun that is stronger.

tom00799 08-26-2007 07:38 PM

cam wheel

standard thread. half inch impact should take it right off without the cam tool.

SVXRide 08-26-2007 08:03 PM

Michael,
I've got a full set of cams out of the engine I'm rebuilding (cams already sitting on the shop workbench). I'm willing to trade for ECUTune products in lieu of cash. Drop me a PM.
-Bill

longassname 08-26-2007 09:36 PM

You want bearings, right? I'm happy to give you credit towards bearings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Michael,
I've got a full set of cams out of the engine I'm rebuilding (cams already sitting on the shop workbench). I'm willing to trade for ECUTune products in lieu of cash. Drop me a PM.
-Bill

SVXRide 08-26-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longassname
You want bearings, right? I'm happy to give you credit towards bearings.

I'd rather pay you outright for the bearings, especially since I won't know for a while exactly which size I'll need. I was thinking about a 1v5 set up for the SVreX II (which, of course, would come with promotional stuff to use on the car at the GRC;) ) and a 2v7 chip for BillStock 4.0 (upgraded injectors already rebuilt and waiting):cool:

-Bill

longassname 08-26-2007 10:03 PM

I'll give you $100 credit towards anything you want that I have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
I'd rather pay you outright for the bearings, especially since I won't know for a while exactly which size I'll need. I was thinking about a 1v5 set up for the SVreX II (which, of course, would come with promotional stuff to use on the car at the GRC;) ) and a 2v7 chip for BillStock 4.0 (upgraded injectors already rebuilt and waiting):cool:

-Bill

SVXRide 08-27-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

I'll give you $100 credit towards anything you want that I have.

Michael,
Send you a PM
-Bill

wawazat?? 08-27-2007 10:25 AM

I've got three cams available. I can't recall which I'm missing but it's in one of Young Tom's cars. I'm happy to package them up for future discounted purchase consideration.

Todd

longassname 08-27-2007 10:39 AM

Great, make sure the missing cam isn't an intake cam and pm me the address to send the boxes to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
I've got three cams available. I can't recall which I'm missing but it's in one of Young Tom's cars. I'm happy to package them up for future discounted purchase consideration.

Todd

TomsSVX 08-27-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Great, make sure the missing cam isn't an intake cam and pm me the address to send the boxes to.

It is... I pulled the cam I busted a couple years ago out of my box o memories to show someone that our cams are hollow.... anyway.. the cam missing is a Right side intake.

I can also pull the cams out of the core motor I am getting back from sicksubie so I can ship you 2 sets... Just need another set of boxes for em

Tom

immortal_suby 08-28-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom00799
standard thread. half inch impact should take it right off without the cam tool.

Standard - thanks,
My 1/2 inch impact must be a piece of junk. I can't budge it. It is from one of those $100 box-o-impact tools bargain packs.