The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Corvallis SVX sighting (no it wasn't mine) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41670)

Hondasucks 11-03-2007 01:03 AM

Corvallis SVX sighting (no it wasn't mine)

So the night I got my SVX registered, the wife and I went to Winco and the first row I drive down, there on the end is a black SVX, which I parked next to. He/She was gone when I came out of the store :( but hopefully they noticed my SVX World Network decals:D Weird thing was, it had the same wheels on it as mine (and the front ones were on backwards) but they were polished/chromed instead of the matte finish mine are, was this an option? I can't say I've ever seen 'em chrome before...

There's actually two other ones in town that I know of, another pearlie (which I haven't seen since I got mine) and a silver one...

redlightningsvx 11-03-2007 10:24 AM

Dayle at motorsport has oem crome wheels

AlcyoneDaze 11-03-2007 10:07 PM

Theres a write-up on how to DIY

Shadabob 11-05-2007 09:23 AM

I see Chrome Stock wheels on occasion. In fact about 10 years ago an SVX at K-mart (I think they worked there, it was there alot) had a red SVX with chrome stock rims. I've probably seen at least 2-3 others around town too.

On that note, I have seen 3 SVXs on Mill Plain in the last 2-3 weeks that I've never seen before. White one with aftermarket rims driven by a 40s something gentleman, a Burgendy driven by a younger gal, and another white one driven a few days ago by a 20 twenties, early thirties gentlemen. Every time I wasn't in my SVX :mad::rolleyes:

OH! And my wife saw an ALL white one like Earl's cottentail on Mill Plain but she said it wasn't as nice (no offense to anyone if its theirs :o), and the white was more of a "regular white." Hmm..gonna have to look for that one.

Turbone 11-18-2007 08:40 AM

Well, I saw a 92 Pearl again yesterday in my area. Driven by a 60something lady. This is the 2nd time I've seen her and both times I've been in my RX :rolleyes: I'm afraid to honk, she would think I'm some nut (correctly so).

David Cohen 11-22-2007 11:37 AM

Another sighting in Seattle

2 Attachment(s)
Driving through Belltown in Seattle yesterday afternoon, I saw a Laguna blue SVX parked in a 3 minute zone, so I stopped for a few minutes to find out whether there's another SVX owner living in my neighborhood. It turns out the owner is a young man named Scott Carmony (sp?) who lives north of Seattle and was visiting some friends. He's heard of the SVX World Network but hasn't joined yet, so I urged him to sign up to the Network and to NWSVX (and I got his e-mail address).

Scott has definitely spent some time modding his '94 L: replacement JDM engine, Stebro exhaust, clear corners, heavy tinting, alarm system with remote starter, ....

BigBlueSVX 11-22-2007 01:42 PM

Yeah I see quite a few SVXi down here (Corvallis). Just yesterday I was driving east on 34 going to I5 and passed a laguna blue. I tried to catch up, thought it might be my old one but it wasn't. Hondasucks, you might see me around, I sold my SVX but I drive a black 90 DSM now.

Hondasucks 11-23-2007 07:25 PM

well, my car's pearl white with Crater Lake plates and John & Phil's plate frames, and I have SVXWN decals on the side windows. There's only one other pearlie in town that I see driving around, the other one is off of 36th st on Lincoln Ave (I've never seen it move) and the other one I see parked down on Harrison, usually between like 25th and kings, but it's not as straight as mine..)