The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Northeast Subaru Meet -- Carlisle, PA (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38356)

Hocrest 04-10-2007 12:22 PM

Northeast Subaru Meet -- Carlisle, PA

On May 18,19,20 a Group of Subaru enthusiasts meet up at the Carlisle Import and Kit Car Show. All Subaru's are welcome to come join us. We will have Subaru's from 360's to STI's there with many 80's and 90's models.

There is also a Drivers School on Saturday and Autocross on Sunday. If you are thinking about getting started in autocrossing this is a great place to learn. The drivers school is only $20 for a short lesson and LOTS of track time. Also the course is set up on a small road type course so you won't get the feeling of being "lost in a sea of cones".

In addition to our Subaru's you will find various other import, exotics and kit cars.

For more information on the Subaru Gathering go here. And other threads here.

For official Carlisle information go here. You can register here for the weekend.

If you are only coming in for the day, Saturday is the day to be there. If you have any questions ask them up here. If you register, please register under "Ultimate Subaru Club"

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/import...ortsidebar.jpg

joburnet 04-10-2007 12:51 PM

Looks like fun, I'll try to be there saturday and take that drivers course.

benebob 04-10-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joburnet
Looks like fun, I'll try to be there saturday and take that drivers course.

You won't be disappointed. Arrive by 7:30ish and sign up early. Make sure you have fresh brake fluid and you're tires are pumped up to a good 40psi or so. I think I got 50 or so laps on the course in an hours time with an instructor when I did it. Definately worth it!

joburnet 04-10-2007 04:31 PM

7:30ish? I might have to camp out friday night. It's two hours away and I don't do 5:30.

benebob 04-10-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

7:30ish? I might have to camp out friday night. It's two hours away and I don't do 5:30.

Your loss then. Later classes usually have 8 or so in 'em. Eariler 3-5. You get much more track time!

joburnet 04-10-2007 08:03 PM

You missed the part where I said I'd camp out cause I don't do 5:30, 7:30 is fine.

benebob 04-10-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

You missed the part where I said I'd camp out cause I don't do 5:30, 7:30 is fine.

Didn't miss it. Just giving ya the encouragement to take the camping plung. Basically you'll wanna be there when they first start the sign ups. If you know the place then you could get there 10 minutes before then, if not then earlier. The "track" is in the back corner by the turnpike!

ensteele 04-10-2007 11:17 PM

That looks like so much fun! We need to do something out here like that. :D :D

benebob 04-11-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
That looks like so much fun! We need to do something out here like that. :D :D

What are you talking about Earl. Carlisle puts on the largest car shows in the US. They are international events. I expect you to figure out which one of your heard will make it. No flying and buying for this one!;)

TomsSVX 04-11-2007 11:10 PM

is this "road course" and big auto-X or is the silver going to be able to roar??:D :D

Tom

benebob 04-12-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
is this "road course" and big auto-X or is the silver going to be able to roar??:D :D

Tom

Its a 1/8 mile oval track with 2 chicanes in the middle of the straightaways. Timing is based on 4-5 runs. Not so much an autox but more a driving technique school.

TomsSVX 04-12-2007 07:18 AM

so its a DRIFTAR!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Tom

sicksubie 04-12-2007 02:28 PM

Why do all the best meets happen when I cant make it? I can't make Reading, can't make the 15th anniversary (but I am going to try anyway), and now I can't make this. This sounds like it would be great and the chance to learn some good driving techniques would be very beneficial.

benebob 04-12-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
Why do all the best meets happen when I cant make it?

Priorities!:D ;)

sicksubie 04-12-2007 09:51 PM

Priorities??? Yeah I may be jumping ship for the weekend from my soccer team during my SENIOR year to go to the 15th anniv. meet. I dont know who will die in my family so I can get excused. I already used up my grandparents.... On both sides.