The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My last day... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14981)

Loki 12-11-2003 01:45 PM

My last day...

Today is my last day with my SVX. I cant afford it anymore, the milage and the repairs have drained my bank account. I am getting a 1994 Toyota Celica STX. I am going to miss that car so much, it has served me well but $900 in 5 months isnt pratical for a college student. My dad is going to take it and sell it, if anyone is intrested he is asking $4,500 for it. The specs are below. I will still check in with you guys. Thanks for helping me with the problems I did have with it. I keep thinking that now that its fixed it will be a good car, but I keep thinking that, Ive fixed it 5 times now. Farewell and thank you.

Todd Gilbert

Mr. Pockets 12-11-2003 02:23 PM

Well, Todd, I'm sorry you had to make such a decision, but I think the Celica will serve you well. Toyotas are trustworthy cars. :)

Sorry your SVX didn't work out for you. It's a shame, but I can understand how it wouldn't fit your situation right now.

Aredubjay 12-11-2003 03:42 PM

Todd,
As much as I hate to hear of a member having to give up his car, I can certainly understand.

Sure wish I could take 'er off your hands, you're only 3 hours away. But, I just can't fit another "X" into my life right now.

Best of luck in school. That should be priority right now.

Please do come back and let us in on how you're doing. Also, when you're done, or near done with school, check here first. There may be some well maintained specimins for sale. :D

bx92svx 12-11-2003 07:29 PM

Todd, best of luck to you. I have to sell my Celica GTS to afford my SVX :( . I bought my first Celica before you were an itch in your daddys leg & I still own some so have faith it will serve you well .
One nice thing is you can get 4 new celica tires for the $ of 1 on your SVX. Yes Im one of the "old fart owners", so let me give you some of the old geezer stuff......cars come & go but invest in yourself, your education & your future, you will never go wrong with that :) . Again, all the best to you.

SVX26517 12-11-2003 08:55 PM

After you make the big bucks after college getting your education :D :D , you can buy 10 of them

and sorry to hear that, as my dad says, "A car doesn't have to look good, it just has to get you from point A to point B" I guess that why he drove a 65 Barracuda 273 with A high rise 2X 4 bbl carbs:rolleyes: lying old man :p

Noir 12-11-2003 10:28 PM

i salute you for making it this long with a svx. they are without a doubt a high maintenance, temperamental bish. but i love my bish and wouldn't give her up for anything else.

good thing for me is that i'll never get a wife like that :D. one's more than i can handle :D

SHISVX 12-12-2003 12:32 PM

i know how that feels...just remember when you are done with school, Earl has volunteered to let us raid his garage, i got tibs on the blue one!! :D

right Earl>????

Kelli

Loki 12-14-2003 04:16 PM

The Celica is quite nice...

It definitly isnt the SVX, but man! The gas milage is terrific! I got 33MPG on the way back home from St. Louis with regular. The SVX got 21 at best. I will defnintly miss it, I think ill get to drive it once or twice more, my dad takes awhile whenever he sells stuff. To anyone who just got an SVX, this forum is an invaluable resource that you must support. It has saved me hundreds if not thousnds of dollars and the customer service is OUTSTANDING compared to my subaru dealer. NEVER GOTO webster Groves Subaru Izuzu Suzuki, they will lie, and if you catch them, they will cover it up with another lie.

Todd Gilbert

ensteele 12-14-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
i know how that feels...just remember when you are done with school, Earl has volunteered to let us raid his garage, i got tibs on the blue one!! :D

right Earl>????

Kelli

:D :D ;) :)

Loki 12-16-2003 07:38 PM

the celica allready broke...

I think my luck with cars is just bad.... I started my new celica up today and it ****ing squealed SOOO bad. The bolt that held the alternator in at the top had come loose and fallen out so the belt was really loose. I brought it to a local toyota dealer here in Cape and they fixed it for free!! I said that they would be recieving my buisness again. Im going to see Return of the King now so everybody have a good xmas.

Todd

PS - Wish my last dealer was that nice, ****ing liars...

Chicane 12-16-2003 10:39 PM

You can have my SVX when you pull my cold dead body out of it. :P

I don't care if it gets mediocre gas mileage.

Just today I came out of the store and had a father and son peering into my car and inspecting it. Talked to them for about 5 minutes about it, they were enthralled.... and then there's always telling them I bought it for $3600 and watching their eyeballs pop out of their heads. :D

I love my SVX. It loves me. We're a happy family.!

- Rob

Loki 12-17-2003 05:47 PM

I loved my SVX.... she just hated me... I get (damn... I got) the same eyeball popping effect and I loved it. Glad you have more LUCK then I did with mine. I am really enjoying the celica too, it just doesnt compare with the coolness factor, or the power factor (at ALL 1.8l sucks) but it does get me from A to B w/o breaking down something the SVX definitly failed on numerous occasions.

Loki 12-25-2003 12:38 AM

Got to drive her again today...

It is such a nice freaking car. the leather and the escaine are probably my favorite parts, that and the headroom, im 6'5" and the celica doesnt have **** for headroom (speed bumbs can be a real problem) anyhow, I put up some pictures in my locker. Check them out..

Merry Xmas

Todd

svxistentialist 12-26-2003 04:39 AM

Happy Christmas Todd, and I wish you the best of luck with the Celica.

You did the right thing with the SVX. They become high maintenance if not cared for in early life by previous owners. Many are "lucky" and get a good one needing little, you were not.

The quotation marks are there because it is not totally luck, you have to seek out a good car that is well cared for. Pay a little more for such a car, it will save you $$ in the long run.

When your studies are over, buy yourself a good SVX as a present. Do not "fall in love" with the first car you find, at least until you know it is a good properly cared for car. Remember the advice above.

Have a good holiday,

Joe:)