The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jae 2007 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36969)

Phil Hill 01-15-2007 02:46 AM

Jae 2007

Heads up everyone, I've just received advanced notice of this year's JAE. I received an outline plan of what's on offer this year and a free T-shirt !!

Anyway, the dates for this year are July 21st and 22nd, location is East of England showground at Peterborough, same as the last two years.

This is a good event, not only for meeting old and new friends with a shared interest in SVX's, but also to check out the rest of the "Jap car" scene in UK.

Joe, can we make this a sticky again as in previous years.

Everyone who's interested make your interest known here.

Trevor 01-15-2007 02:54 AM

Certainly interested Phil, but am in the wrong place, sorry. :confused: ;)

svxistentialist 01-15-2007 04:57 AM

Stickied!!

Thanks Phil.

I hope I will be able to attend this year again, it's always enjoyable.

Here is the link to flyer in Phil's Locker:
JAE 2007 Flyer Link

There is one thing missing we never attended to in previous years. Most members enjoy a bit of a drive, which is not easy to do with the car show. Show and shine is pretty static.

I could suggest the following, let us know what you think:

On the Friday, we do a drive to something near Peterborough. We end up with a meal together in some decent restaurant, get to know old and new friends. Then continue on to the show grounds, and set up for the Saturday.

Or the alternative, we drive off early from the show on Sunday, do something similar.

The Sunday drive may not be ideal, as many will be itching to head back home long distance.

Please let us know if this would be an attractive addition to the schedule, and which is the better option for you.

Joe:)

supertole 01-16-2007 07:10 PM

What about a JAE in Spain?:rolleyes:

ahmed-abrar 01-16-2007 08:53 PM

i hope to attend my first JAE & meet fellow svx'ers

svxistentialist 01-17-2007 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertole
What about a JAE in Spain?:rolleyes:

Madrid could be nice.

You set it up, we'll bring the beer.;) :D :D

svxistentialist 01-17-2007 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmed-abrar
i hope to attend my first JAE & meet fellow svx'ers

Excellent Ahmed.

You will enjoy it, it's a good show.

Joe

Phil Hill 01-17-2007 03:30 AM

JAE 2007 Flyer

Ok guys and gals I've uploaded the JAE 2007 flyer into my Locker.

I'll keep you guys updated as I get more info from Clare and the team at JAE.

Phil.

Arthur-UK 01-23-2007 05:07 PM

I have a problem, as well as the SVX I have also now got a Nissan 350Z ! Its a Japanese import 2004 roadster (soft top) with Autobox, its a beast!
So since both models are at the show what do I bring !

Arthur

(It will be the Z)

svxistentialist 01-23-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur-UK
I have a problem, as well as the SVX I have also now got a Nissan 350Z ! Its a Japanese import 2004 roadster (soft top) with Autobox, its a beast!
So since both models are at the show what do I bring !

Arthur

(It will be the Z)

Oh my gosh!!:eek:

A defector.

:D :D

{We'll be expecting a spin in it then. Round the drifting arena!!}

:)

Phil Hill 02-02-2007 05:12 AM

OK guys and girls, I've got the forms from JAE, so sign up with your best intent to attend this years JAE here. The cost remains the same at £1 per car, so a 20 car stand cost £20. So lets make this another successful year for us and JAE.

Phil.

ahmed-abrar 03-21-2007 08:07 PM

jae 07

hi, can you plz send me form 4 the jae 07, thanks

svxistentialist 03-22-2007 12:16 PM

Ahmed, you can see the flier by clicking the link in post #3 above.

The forms Phil mentions are the forms the Club sends in to book the stand.

All YOU have to do is turn up on the day in an SVX with a smile on your face, and pay your entry fee.:)

Which is minimal, if memory serves.

Joe:D

Phil Hill 04-24-2007 01:46 AM

Ok guys and girls it's time to make the commitment to JAE 2007.

Having heard nothing from them for a while I trawled their website and found the booking forms. It's pretty much the same as the last few years, so all we need to do is commit to a stand of say 20 cars at £1 per car.

For those who came last year the stand was supposed to be for 20 cars, so shall we say the same again this year ??

Also there is an offer for advanced, discounted entry tickets. Please note this is in addition to the stand, and is payable either in advance or on entry to the showground and is regardless of how long or how many days you stay.

The full price is £15 per person, the advanced price is £11 per person and may be applied for before 1st July. There is also a further discounted price of £10 per person, but the closing date is 4th May.

If anyone is prepared to commit to advanced tickets going then please let me know.

Phil.

svxistentialist 05-01-2007 04:52 PM

Mayday! Mayday!

Hi Phil

John and myself are very likely traveling, unless something happens.

We will probably get the July discount. I don't want to commit just yet, as there are many things happening that month.

Joe

b3lha 05-02-2007 01:54 AM

Hi Phil,

Nice to see you back on the site.:)

Belha and I will try our best to be there.

Phil S.

svxistentialist 06-25-2007 09:36 AM

How many people are coming?

With less than a month to go, I wonder how many can actually commit to coming to the show? A few have mentioned they will come, some are defecting.

From memory, here are the names who said they would come or would like to come:

Darren Version L
Ahmed 96 Red
John [Blueji] Graphite
Joe 95 Silver/Black
Graham Silver Version L
Phil & Belha Claret Version L Probably coming.
Phil Hill visit. No SVX
Angela Hill visit No SVX

We do not have a number of others we usually have

Arthur Polo Green '96 not coming [350Z instead]
Mark Red 666 sold since last year
Mal Yellow SVX up for sale [James, you out there?]
Carl Sold the bright silver JDM last year

Others we don't know or have not heard from

Allie Black SVX from Scotland. Coming this year?
Norman Silver 3-tone. Probably coming Norman?
Michael Claret and Black. Coming this year Michael?
Brett Black SVX from Cardiff. Coming this year Brett?
Ian Bright silver UK [the only one we currently know about] Will you be around Ian?

As that list stands we could have as few as 5 cars this year, maybe 6.
If everybody comes, we could have 12. Or more. The more, the merrier.

Could I ask you to please amend this list if you think you can come?

Thanks

f1svx 06-27-2007 01:21 PM

jae 2007

Hi Guys
I will be attending with one of Joe's cars hopefully with the blower fitted

Friday Sat & Sun.

Cheers

Graham:)

Phil Hill 07-09-2007 02:04 AM

Confirmation

Ladies and Gents

Just to let you all know I have received confirmation of our stand at JAE this year. When I can get to the scanner I'll post up all the details and the map with location of our pitch.

Here's hoping the weather stays good............

Phil.

svxistentialist 07-16-2007 11:01 AM

Thanks Phil

Graham has the SVX Network banner since last year. He will be there Saturday and Sunday, as will I. However, there will be no banner till Graham arrives, so if anyone gets there first, just organise the parking of the cars.

As I am flying over, I will not be able to bring chairs, pavilions or anything like that. If anyone has such luxuries, please bring them along. We need all the shelter we can get, if last year's weather repeats!!:eek: :D

Phil Hill 07-17-2007 02:23 AM

Guys and Girls.

As the Lockers are under construction at present I am unable to upload the site map for JAE for this weekend.

So I've added the web link to "the organisation" web-forum where the map is : http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums...?showtopic=647

And the direct link to the map is : http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/2007plan.jpg

It's not a very good jpg of the layout but it's all we've got. I can't quite work it out in relation to where we've been put before, but I'm sure the first on scene will work it out.

I hope to see you there on Sunday.

Phil.

ahmed-abrar 07-20-2007 10:41 AM

looks like i will not be able to attend my first jae meet this weekend, due to work commitments, shame

hope is fun for all who do

svxistentialist 07-23-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmed-abrar
looks like i will not be able to attend my first jae meet this weekend, due to work commitments, shame

hope is fun for all who do

Thanks Ahmed. It's a shame you could not come. We had a very poor turnout this year, only 3 cars. Both days!

The weather and the flooding would have had an effect on attendance I am sure. Or perhaps JAE has just lost its drawing power, its shine, who can tell?

I will not be in a rush back next year, I think I will just add the four days to my bike trip, and tour the continent. It may be more rewarding.

Joe

b3lha 07-24-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
I will not be in a rush back next year, I think I will just add the four days to my bike trip, and tour the continent. It may be more rewarding.
Joe

I have to agree with you Joe. It was great to catch up with you, John and Graham, but overall the weekend was a let down. Having seen the JAE show four times now, our only reason for going was to meet other SVX owners. There's no point in having an annual SVX meet if nobody can be bothered to turn up. We'll probably give it a miss next year.

Phil & Belha.

Darren 07-25-2007 04:41 PM

Hiya guys,

I think the lack of turn out was down to the weather & people being told it had been cancelled!

I was coming down with a couple of friends with the skyline crowd and they were told it was off by the organisers, we were pretty P**sed off to find out on Monday it hadnt been.

b3lha 07-26-2007 03:07 AM

I wonder where they got that idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organisers on JAE forum
JAE will definitely happen, remember that it has solid roads and its a static car show

Quote:

Don't worry about the weather,

Quote:

Last year they invested heavily in imporved drainage and the ground is quite dry and perfectly driveable. There is no reason to even consider cancelling

b3lha 08-01-2007 02:17 AM

I'll post some photos of the event soon.

I was talking to our friend from the SXOC (Nissan 200sx club). He said one of their members was killed in an accident on the way home from the JAE. :(

cozz 08-07-2007 06:04 PM

Jae 2008

Hi Guy's,
Just confirming attendance for JAE '08 ;) Good to hear that there are still a privileged few out there!! You know what they say about the SVX, is that the only thing it can't pass is - a petrol station!! Sorry this year was a let down. I had an unexpected op and my computer also went on the blink and bucket!

The SVX is a fine car and the longer I have it the more expensi... oops! the more I love it! There still isn't much out there that turns people's heads like an SVX, which is good. This year it got a quite few high speed blasts ( topped 70 ), these evo's and sti scoobies don't know what commitment is, or the Fiat punto turbo that kindly let me past and then booted it prior to a corner! ( bet they don't change ratio mid bend if you back off), however couldn't let the side down and did what any self respecting mature driver would do - left it standing ( hope he visits this site.) I think he now drives a BMW, cant quite make it out in the rear view.

Does anyone have some good stories??? preferably about their SVX life, but buy no means essensual.

Joe, mind boggling knowledge about the headlights way back. Nice to hear from you.

Rambling on

Ally -Black SVX fae up North