The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   need help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50721)

jdigitty88 06-23-2009 03:24 AM

need help

my car wont start in the morning i have be on the gas for a while and ride the starter but after the first time it starts the whole day with no proplem any ideas thankz

Green1995SVX 06-23-2009 05:25 AM

Re: need help

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdigitty88 (Post 606285)
my car wont start in the morning i have be on the gas for a while and ride the starter but after the first time it starts the whole day with no proplem any ideas thankz

My first guess is Coolant Temp Sensor.

jdigitty88 06-23-2009 05:23 PM

okay well wheres that at and thankz

SoCal LS-L 06-23-2009 09:55 PM

Looking from the drivers side, under the hood, its the sensor directly below where the throttle body connects to the intake manifold. It has 2 wires coming out of it. If you want more detail on location/testing, and diagnosing your problem.... download the SVX service manual, the link is directly below in my signature. It includes flow charts to help eliminate the most likely causes in a step by step procedure.

Luckily ther coolant temp sensor is easy to test (with a multimeter) and relatively inexpensive. Dont forget to download the service manual...its indespensible for anyone who does their own work. Good luck!

jdigitty88 06-24-2009 09:59 AM

thankz ill take a look wen i get of duty

jdigitty88 06-27-2009 05:23 PM

okay i got code 34 would that be the reason i would only do that in the morning thankz for the help

Green1995SVX 06-27-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdigitty88 (Post 607053)
okay i got code 34 would that be the reason i would only do that in the morning thankz for the help

34 EGR solenoid valve EGR solenoid valve inoperative.

I have no idea if/how this would effect starting.

jdigitty88 06-28-2009 01:32 PM

okay well cleaned it put it back and cleared the code drove it and cel came back now it says code 32 o2 sensor any ideas anyone would this be why its hard to start in the morning

SoCal LS-L 06-28-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdigitty88 (Post 607156)
okay well cleaned it put it back and cleared the code drove it and cel came back now it says code 32 o2 sensor any ideas anyone would this be why its hard to start in the morning

Did you or didnt you check the coolant temperature sensor? The o2 code shouldnt have any effect on starting, but the CTS would. If you removed and reinstalled the EGR solenoid.... then testing the CTS should be a breeze.

jdigitty88 06-28-2009 04:05 PM

yea but wasnt sure what the reading should be when i tested it so yea im lost

SoCal LS-L 06-28-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 606422)
Looking from the drivers side, under the hood, its the sensor directly below where the throttle body connects to the intake manifold. It has 2 wires coming out of it. If you want more detail on location/testing, and diagnosing your problem.... download the SVX service manual, the link is directly below in my signature. It includes flow charts to help eliminate the most likely causes in a step by step procedure.

Luckily ther coolant temp sensor is easy to test (with a multimeter) and relatively inexpensive. Dont forget to download the service manual...its indespensible for anyone who does their own work. Good luck!

The specifications for correct resistance values are in the manual, as is a flow chart for your problem.....

jdigitty88 06-29-2009 04:53 PM

okay check this out i cleared the codes and did the relay mod and powerwashed the motor now the car starts like a champ wtf i dont no but my spedo stoped working oh well i can live with that thankz for all yall help