The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   trans repair shop (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61324)

kinz 02-18-2013 09:59 PM

trans repair shop

Looking for a recommendation or some experiances with shops in the Tacoma area preferably.
Basically my high clutch has gone out and im weighing options. 4.44 swap or similar. Rebuild/fix clutch and weither or not its something im going to be able to do or if im taking it to a shop.
September of 2012 i replaced the internal filter and refilled (old fluid wasnt burnt or real dark but had alot of metal in it). Slipping started out of the blue two weeks ago. A few days after fixing the squeeling ps pump. I noticed it while driving slow (25mph) so I was able to drop it down to second. First and second work great. Driving I5 in 2nd just isn't a good long term plan. Very minimal driving while the trans slipped. Mostly just to get a better feeling of what was happening with it so I could try to diagnose.
I would like to just tear her open and fix the clutch but I haven't been able to locate any kind of guide on the matter. Just don't have the money to throw it in a shop and say fix it.
If anyone has a shop in the area that has done similar work for a good price or any input at all I would appriciate it.

Wikedjuggalo 02-18-2013 11:19 PM

Re: trans repair shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinz (Post 720160)
Looking for a recommendation or some experiances with shops in the Tacoma area preferably.
Basically my high clutch has gone out and im weighing options. 4.44 swap or similar. Rebuild/fix clutch and weither or not its something im going to be able to do or if im taking it to a shop.
September of 2012 i replaced the internal filter and refilled (old fluid wasnt burnt or real dark but had alot of metal in it). Slipping started out of the blue two weeks ago. A few days after fixing the squeeling ps pump. I noticed it while driving slow (25mph) so I was able to drop it down to second. First and second work great. Driving I5 in 2nd just isn't a good long term plan. Very minimal driving while the trans slipped. Mostly just to get a better feeling of what was happening with it so I could try to diagnose.
I would like to just tear her open and fix the clutch but I haven't been able to locate any kind of guide on the matter. Just don't have the money to throw it in a shop and say fix it.
If anyone has a shop in the area that has done similar work for a good price or any input at all I would appriciate it.

Pull and replace it yourself? Honestly It can be done in the driveway.

JENKIN 03-04-2013 04:07 AM

I think there's a couple svx's in the yard in Eburg. It would
Probably be cheaper to r&r the transmission than to get into
The internals. Unless you know your way around AT insides!!

kinz 03-04-2013 12:55 PM

My plan as it stands currently is to hit up the local pick n pull for a 4.44 and diff this weekend. From my research it seems like it should be within the scope of what I can accomplish. Then ill see about tearing the svx trans open and fixing it for standby. It'll be the biggest project I take on so it'll be a while. I still need to find any seals or gaskets that will be needed if any (im assuming there is something).