The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Back in the saddle with a 92 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1665)

puckaveli 10-09-2001 12:45 PM

Back in the saddle with a 92

I have come across a steal. A doctor has a 92 with 28,000 yes 28,000 miles. It was his wifes second car, she drove it when the Beemer was dirty. It has never seen winter because they go to Florida in the winter (doctors!). And the best part; I am buying it for $4500.

My question is this. I have learned what to watch out for on higher mileage SVX's. What can I do to be preventive. The first thing I am going to do is get a tranny cooler installed. Anything else that should be done?

Thanks for your help and I am glad to be a part of another Subaru clan. I'm already a Impreza 2.5RS owner.

oneothefewproud 10-09-2001 01:19 PM

Be real careful about the seals. With that few miles you just might find that it wasnt enough to keep them working correctly.

ciao
Wayne

Mr. Pockets 10-09-2001 02:17 PM

Re: Back in the saddle with a 92

Quote:

Originally posted by puckaveli
I have come across a steal. A doctor has a 92 with 28,000 yes 28,000 miles. It was his wifes second car, she drove it when the Beemer was dirty. It has never seen winter because they go to Florida in the winter (doctors!). And the best part; I am buying it for $4500.

My question is this. I have learned what to watch out for on higher mileage SVX's. What can I do to be preventive. The first thing I am going to do is get a tranny cooler installed. Anything else that should be done?

Thanks for your help and I am glad to be a part of another Subaru clan. I'm already a Impreza 2.5RS owner.

1. Regular, scheduled maintenance. Replace the fluid and parts as prescribed by Subaru.

2. Don't thrash the car; drive it conservatively.

My '93 has 125k miles on it and has had no transmission or wheel bearing failures. It has not been modified. And, it has been driven every winter.

What a steal...good job! :D

Aredubjay 10-09-2001 02:58 PM

Puck, I can't add anything but my welcome. Thanks for joining us here at the Network. Visit often and contribute whether it be your personal experiences, expertise, or just plain ol' B.S. --- We're happy to have you here. :D

sith 10-09-2001 06:47 PM

Well, since no one else has said it...

28K miles on a 92? You luck $#!@%!!!

Welcome aboard!

Aredubjay 10-09-2001 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sith
Well, since no one else has said it...

28K miles on a 92? You luck $#!@%!!!

Welcome aboard!

Sith -- settle down -- we've been trying to contain ourselves and act like "professionals" here. Then, when he gets to know us better, we can call a lucky $@%#$@%. :D

SVXphile 10-09-2001 07:30 PM

Welcome!

andmaniwishihadyourluck!:) Don

Ron Mummert 10-09-2001 08:53 PM

If the doc's a cardiologist be careful! He may have discovered a clogged tranny filter, a bulging wheel bearing, or even an irregular valve stem, & wants to pawn the terminal patient off on you. Just be VEERRY careful. Uh... I bid 5K! Ron.

wasions 10-09-2001 10:53 PM

Oh man! How come I never . . .

Actually, I've run across some good deals in my day. I've just never had the foresight (i.e. courage - I'm married, ya know) to actually make the deal.

Congratulations! And happy motoring.

Steve

P.S. FYI (anyone). There's a '58 BMW Isetta in the Evansville (Indiana) Courier this week. Asking price - $900.00 (sans engine and transmission). Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh shucks!:rolleyes: