The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official Sign-Up: September 17-19, 2004 BC Meet (Vancouver Canada) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21170)

Alycone 09-15-2004 11:26 PM

So, are you gonna give us directions? :confused:

CDG 09-16-2004 09:56 PM

Yes, sent you a PM.
Plus here is my Cell# 604-787-1975.

NapaBavarian 09-16-2004 10:42 PM

I want to go :( just to see BC again:D

Alycone 09-17-2004 02:45 PM

Well the fish and I are heading north. See you in a few hours. :)

CDG 09-17-2004 06:39 PM

UHOH, Where are ya Aly, you should be here by now:(

Oh No, I hope the Canada Border guards didn't want to take to the ROOM:eek:

CDG 09-17-2004 10:16 PM

Aly made it, and yes, she did visit the ROOM:eek:

WestCoastSVX 09-18-2004 10:41 AM

How's things going up there? I hope there are lots of pictures! :)

Hope the weather is doing all right too. Have fun!

ensteele 09-18-2004 10:53 AM

I bet the fish was the trouble! :eek: She should know better. She probably didn't have its rabies tag. :(

Uncamitzi 09-20-2004 09:51 AM

Are you guys going to report?

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
I bet the fish was the trouble! :eek: She should know better. She probably didn't have its rabies tag. :(
How was the trip? It is snowing here in Salt Lake... (thought you might like a weather report) above 6000' on the foothills. Are the leaves changing up there?

T.McCaw 09-20-2004 02:22 PM

The weather change every three minutes, sun, rain, sun. I caught the 6:30 ferry out of Nanaimo Saturday morning. Got a wee bit lost and wound up at Chris’s just before 10:00 After a couple of well needed cups a coffee and a brownie (made by Chris’s son ) Aly arrived from her camp site. I don’t know about the mainland but all hell broke lose Friday night on the island. Thunder storms (which very seldom happen) it was like a war zone, realy close. Aly said she sevived the night. Chris then got out his handy dint puller and removed two ugly dints in my roof (ruff American). This little device really worked wonders. After a little bit of lunch we headed up the mountain for a scenic view of the city.Trying to follow Chris on the highway was tricky, our cars are real low and it was my first time trying to follow them , and we just don’t travel that fast here on the island. Toms weaving back and forth at a 120 trying to get a glimpse of Aly. I don’t know if it was the mountain climb or the gas on the mainland but I swear my car runs better. Seams to have more umph. Later and I hope I got the name right Dan showed up. All I can say if your thinking about Stebro exhaust can you say Ferrari , Ford GT McLaren. Now I know there seams to be some delivery trouble, Dan said he got his in two weeks, believe me they sounded AWSOME. And who new Angelina Jolie had an SVX what a surprise. Truly a lady. Aly and her got alonge like they where the best of friends. As for pictures I hope Aly’s camera was working better then the one I stole from work. Chris’s front light guards where slick Maybe I will have to make me some. He said that theycost him a $100.00 Canadian. A lot of work for $100.00. I ... just ...caught the 7:00 ferry out of Horseshoe Bay. Back in Nanaimo more rain.

Tom

Alycone 09-20-2004 03:07 PM

I survived my trip back without any more boarder probs - the only thing customs wanted to know about was my car: what kind it was, what kind of engine, horsepower, top speed..... :rolleyes: :D.

Thanks to Chris and the other Canadians for showing me around (and Chris and Kim's catering was great). I didn't drown or freeze camping (but I gave up and crashed on Chris's couch the 2nd night). Saturday we drove up a mountain in the rain and fog and I saw my first non-zoo bear :D. For dinner they indulged my craving for raw fish. Sunday the weather actually cleared up and we went to the aquarium (I love the big amazon fish :D) and Stanley park and a noodle house. Fun to meet the people I hadn't met before (Tom, Chris's kid, Dan's girlfriend). Now I wanna go back to Vancouver, its a cool city. :)

CDG 09-21-2004 04:13 PM

Great report.
what they said.

The First Annual BC SVX meet was a success.
We had Tom, Aly, Dan and his GF, and myself.

We had some fun.

Will try to plan the next BC meet when more people are available and we can schedule bigger evens with SPONSOR's, and the obvious free stuff that comes with that.

Thanks for all who made it, and special thanks for Aly who consistantly takes the Rubber Glove treatment well.

I have a few pics, Aly and Tom have some more.

My pics appear to be all of Fish(and mammals) only 2 of SVX'

CDG 09-21-2004 04:20 PM

Next BC meet will be in the SNOW

I'm thinking I'll start planning a SNOW meet.

For those who like to Snowboard, snowshoe, Xcountry ski, tobogan, rubber tube park, and downhill ski.
All these activities are available at CypressMountain.com
This is the place we drove to on Saturday.

Adam and I are avid boarders, so for those of you interested in a day of snow. have a peak at my next thread:
BC SNOW Meet.

Expect it to be after Xmas.

btw, for you real diehards, I'm sure many of you will want to travel to Whistler, so wave when you drive by:p

Alycone 09-22-2004 06:57 AM

Having a snow meet sounds fun. I like driving in the snow and skiing (the bears will all be snoozing, right?). I went igloo camping once, it was fun but not sure I wanna do it again.

Oh I found a funny looking sushi place when I stopped by Death by Chocolate on the way out. It's called Opera Sushi (they play opera music, I find that charmingly odd) and its at 1640 W. Broadway. It's cheap and has a pretty extensive menu (including nonsushi and vegetarian things).

:) :) :)

US to CDN SVX 10-26-2004 11:12 AM

Hey Guys, Glad there are members in the Northwest!!! I thought I was all alone. Not many around. Love my car!

Would love to go down to the Fall Colors but I have a baby due any minute. To think I traded my Accord 4DR for an SVX. Now that is car love.

Thanks ensteele for bringing me into the loop. Look forward to meething you all up here for a winter meet??? We have lots of cheap Shushi....

1992 San Deigo>NorthVan Import SVX

Can you believe Customs called it an 1992 SUX ! That Sucks.