The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where to buy reman A/C compressor (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57885)

processengr 07-21-2011 04:45 PM

Where to buy reman A/C compressor

Mine made some noise like playing cards in bicycle spokes for about 1 minute, then started blowing hot air...assuming the worst, I searched this forum, then Advanced auto and Autozone, without finding source for remanufactured ac compressor...
How hard is it to rebuild? Found thread on rebuilding...new appears to be ~500 from dealer, does anyone have a good source for remanufactured...

Huskymaniac 07-21-2011 08:12 PM

Re: Where to buy reman A/C compressor

Quote:

Originally Posted by processengr (Post 682339)
Mine made some noise like playing cards in bicycle spokes for about 1 minute, then started blowing hot air...assuming the worst, I searched this forum, then Advanced auto and Autozone, without finding source for remanufactured ac compressor...
How hard is it to rebuild? Found thread on rebuilding...new appears to be ~500 from dealer, does anyone have a good source for remanufactured...

Seems to be common lately. Please post here if you find a good source. I may be needing one soon too.

processengr 07-21-2011 08:42 PM

Found a couple of sources so far, by Googling "Zexel DCW17BE"
Range 225(shipping $22) to $324(free shipping)

Tapani 07-22-2011 12:38 PM

Is there a thread / info for properly diagnosing the variable displacement compressor and the whole AC as a system? The discharge is electrically controlled by the AC controller via an electric solenoid, which changes the stroke of the 5 cylinder compressor..... it is not cycled at all under normal conditions..... My low side pressure stays high even though the system performance is good (after recharging). Would be nice to know how to force the compressor on full swing just to see how the pressures act. Is the solendoid 12V or something less?

At +30C ambient the system works great on "AUTO" even though the low side is roughly 40-45 PSI.

Tapani
1992 claret turbo

Frank Rizzo 07-24-2011 11:50 AM

Some on ebay...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

kwren 07-24-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo (Post 682520)

Good information!

Not a bad price with free shipping from a top seller! Hard to beat that...

Keith:cool:

fun173 07-24-2011 07:53 PM

mine sometimes makes weird noises by the passenger vent when i shut it off. The air is freezing though ever since it was recharged.

processengr 08-16-2011 06:20 PM

Hi all,
For anyone searching, my outcome: Sent my compressor to TechChoice in Texas to be rebuilt. They determined it too worn, internally scored up, although it didn't sieze. Bought used one from member Httrrd here, shipped directly to TechChoice. Rebuilt with one year warranty for $100.00 delivered. PAG46 oil, receiver dryer and expansion valve for additional $53.00. They also have the Zexel compressor for $224
Will follow up later...

Huskymaniac 08-16-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by processengr (Post 684108)
Hi all,
For anyone searching, my outcome: Sent my compressor to TechChoice in Texas to be rebuilt. They determined it too worn, internally scored up, although it didn't sieze. Bought used one from member Httrrd here, shipped directly to TechChoice. Rebuilt with one year warranty for $100.00 delivered. PAG46 oil, receiver dryer and expansion valve for additional $53.00. They also have the Zexel compressor for $224
Will follow up later...

It doesn't sound like it was much cheaper than the Zexel so why not just go with the new compressor?

processengr 08-16-2011 08:20 PM

The $224 Zexel was a remanufacture also. I bought the good core for 55 shipped. $~70 less, same warranty. If it were brand new, I would have gone the extra $

Blacky 08-17-2011 06:46 PM

Good info, Thanks