The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interesting Experience (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42833)

nonSTOP_service 01-17-2008 02:34 PM

Interesting Experience

Here's a good heart warmer for you guys;

2 days ago, 3 pm. I swung by the local mall to hit up the arcade, I loves me some digital SVX yo. Anyways, while I was playing, a young boy (probably about 11 or 12) and his older brother (15ish) started watching me. I could hear them commenting about how "That's just like the one outside, I bet he drives it!" So I finish up my takedown (I lead the local T.A. boards... with an SVX) and these two kids start bombarding me with questions. A guy, who I assumed was their father finally came around and quelled their excitement, after which he began explaining what was going on.

He drives a 02 WRX, his kids love it, and his youngest sees my SVX every time they come to the mall. Apparently he really likes the car and wants to see teh engine. He was quite the gear head, his father didn't believe him that it was a flat six.

Of course I was happy to show the car to them. The kids were nothing short of ecstatic, and the father was rather impressed with the car, even more so when he saw my odometer. I made him feel pretty confident in his car choice. He explained his wife was rather put off by the idea of a foreign machine.

It gets better, after I explained to him just what kind of car the SVX is, the price I got mine for, the price of a good low miles SVX, and describing the great community (that's you guys) he was definitely interested. Apparently Alcyone has guided another person in her direction. Has anyone else noticed that the overall popularity of the SVX has increased sharply within the last couple of months?

Anyways, I thought you'd all like to know that an SVX made some kid's day, and impressed another Subbie owner.

Also for any of you who are Wangan savy, I hooked the kids up with a 600/B SVX discard. They were pretty happy.

Wikedjuggalo 01-17-2008 02:53 PM

I haven't had anyone wanna see the engine ^^ but I was just at my local Burger King and the lady serving the food (She was a blond and no offense to anyone on here :)) Was like "O my god I've like never seen this kinda of car", I laughed a little because of the way she said it and explained to her what it was and drove off. I got a laugh out of it.

WestCoastSVX 01-17-2008 03:25 PM

Must be SVX week, I just had the first comments on my car in months yesterday afternoon.

Went thru a McDonalds drive thru and the kid at the 2nd window was flipping out over my car (he noticed the windows first of course because it was the drive thru). He said my car was "sick" which I think is a good thing. :lol:

He had no idea what it was, but when I told him he then said he was restoring a '78 Brat. He thought the SVX was amazing though. :)

ridered777 01-17-2008 05:38 PM

:)

I also have a fully tuned Alcyone on Maxi Tune 3 (used to be 2, but brought it over to the new game)

I love the people who stare at me in awe when I win with only 4 gears...:lol:

bwb3 01-17-2008 05:57 PM

I let my son Ben (18) drive the SVX any time he wants. It seems to be the preferred car for his last year in high school (The Mustang is getting covered in leaves). His friends park on either side of a parking space and hold it until he arrives to protect it from damage. They all appreciate the unique design, even the stock handling, and that Porsche engine.;) I'm not about to sell the car and figure when I'm gone he will end up with it anyway. I'm starting to look for another one for me.:D
Gene

Hondasucks 01-17-2008 10:28 PM

lol

Yesterday (Wednedsay) since I had off, I picked my brother (17) up from high school and when he got in he was like "YES! I was hoping you'd bring the SVX! Not that your other Subarus aren't cool, but this one is like, the awesomest":cool: I think it's cuz the girls stare at it trying to figure out what it is, and he thinks they're checking him out :lol:

svxistentialist 01-18-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 521863)
I let my son Ben (18) drive the SVX any time he wants. It seems to be the preferred car for his last year in high school (The Mustang is getting covered in leaves). His friends park on either side of a parking space and hold it until he arrives to protect it from damage. They all appreciate the unique design, even the stock handling, and that Porsche engine.;) I'm not about to sell the car and figure when I'm gone he will end up with it anyway. I'm starting to look for another one for me.:D
Gene

That's cool to hear Gene that his friends protect it for him. Very good friends to have.;):D

I'm anal about mine in parking lots. I'll park it next to shrubbery on one side so that side is protected, and park as close to 45 degrees as I can get, so the doors can't hit me the other side.

Also I tend to park at the farthest away from the entrance I can get. Usually not many cars there, people are too lazy to walk.

It keeps down the dings.

Joe:)

LetItSnow 01-18-2008 05:48 AM

Eight Subarus parked side-by-side outside the pizza pad where our newest local guy was working, and where we'd just finished eating. A local constable pulls up and asks, "What year's the SVX?" He was kind enough (and rather indifferent) to turn off his radar gun so we could hear each other speak - my detector was bip-bip-bipping. :eek: He's got a 2.5i... nice.

Apologies to my Impreza bretheren, for having stolen your parking lot thunder. :lol:

svxistentialist 01-18-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 522000)
Eight Subarus parked side-by-side outside the pizza pad where our newest local guy was working, and where we'd just finished eating. A local constable pulls up and asks, "What year's the SVX?" He was kind enough (and rather indifferent) to turn off his radar gun so we could hear each other speak - my detector was bip-bip-bipping. :eek: He's got a 2.5i... nice.

Apologies to my Impreza bretheren, for having stolen your parking lot thunder. :lol:

So much for stealth technology anti detection circuits then.:rolleyes:;):D

Joe:)