The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saw an SVX on Seinfeld the other night. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43159)

subru92svx 02-06-2008 11:18 PM

Saw an SVX on Seinfeld the other night.

I'm sure someone else has probably already mentioned this over the years, but I saw an SVX on Seinfeld yesterday night. It was the episode where Jerry, Kramer, George, and Elaine can't find where they parked in a huge parking garage and end up wandering all over. The SVX is black and keeps showing up in the background of a few scenes while they are wandering around a certain section in the parking garage. Then theres a scene a minute later where one of the Seinfeld cast members(can't remember exactly which one) ends up talking to a couple that ends up actually getting into the car. I was pretty stoked when I saw it and anounced it to my girlfriend who just stated "oh cool". Well I just thought it was cool and worth mentioning. Anyone else ever seen it?

SilverSpear 02-07-2008 12:06 AM

It has already been mentioned before. :)

ensteele 02-07-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 526256)
It has already been mentioned before. :)

Yes, if you do a search, you will see all 53 times. :rolleyes: :)

SubaSteevo 02-07-2008 07:05 AM

http://www.websophist.com/WelcomeToLastWeek.jpg

RSVX 02-07-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo (Post 526271)

DECADE

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ShiuludeSVX 02-07-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 526257)
Yes, if you do a search, you will see all 53 times. :rolleyes: :)

Yes, but it's still fun to watch sometimes.
The producers must have really liked the car, they bothered to show it that many times in the story.

svxcess 02-07-2008 09:27 AM

For your viewing pleasure...

This episode aired in October, 1991, so the "celebrity car" in question is a 1992 Ebony LSi (Which is NOT owned by Earl) :lol:

EPISODE PLOT "The Parking Garage: Third Season, Episode 6

Jerry, Elaine and Kramer are in search of Kramer's car in the multi-level parking garage of a shopping mall after Kramer purchases an air conditioner. Unfortunately, no one can remember where the car was parked. After carrying the air conditioner for some time, an exhausted Kramer decides to leave it behind one of the parked cars and tries to memorize the number of the parking space.

Among other concerns, Elaine fears that her new goldfish will die in the airtight bag before they can arrive home. So, as the gang search for the car, Elaine desperately begs passers-by in the parking garage to offer them a ride around the building to find their car, but no one is willing to help. As for Jerry, he is eager to urinate. Kramer encourages Jerry to do it in some dark corner where no one can see him.

After Jerry does so, he is spotted by an officer and is held in the officer's booth. Jerry tries to talk his way out of trouble by making up a story, but the officer is not convinced. Later, George is also caught in the act of urinating. Both Jerry and George are fined and released. After the two find Elaine, Jerry convinces George to ask an attractive woman, whom they saw earlier in the episode, to offer them a lift around the garage. After the woman accepts without hesitation, the gang all enter into the woman's car and drive off, but moments later, the woman kicks them out after George said something to the woman that makes her explode in anger.

Then by luck, the gang is dropped off right by Kramer's car but unfortunately, Kramer, who has the car keys, is still lost somewhere in the garage. Hours pass by as George, Jerry and Elaine wait. Finally, Kramer shows up, having gone on his own hunt for the air conditioner. Elaine's goldfish do not survive and as they all enter the car, the engine fails to turn on.

shelfy 02-07-2008 09:40 AM

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hark/43225.jpg

Zeppelin 02-07-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 526294)

Wow, when you find something you like you use the crap out of it, huh? :lol:

shelfy 02-07-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin (Post 526299)
Wow, when you find something you like you use the crap out of it, huh? :lol:

i do! are you monitoring my posting now? :D

Zeppelin 02-07-2008 10:07 AM

No thanks, that's a lotta postwhoring to wade through for no pay.

:bash:

svxcess 02-07-2008 10:15 AM

Three photos of an SVX in one post! What more do you want?

I wish I could find some way to upload this episode from my DVD.

shelfy 02-07-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin (Post 526306)
No thanks, that's a lotta postwhoring to wade through for no pay.

:bash:

it would be. :D