The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   5th Annual Dragon Meet!!!! (1st June - 5th June) **Attending and Caravan Thread** (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26085)

GreenMarine 05-09-2005 12:47 PM

5th Annual Dragon Meet!!!! (1st June - 5th June) **Attending and Caravan Thread**

Alright guys.... The 5th Annual Dragon meet is now only 3 weeks away!!! I want to get as many SVXi there this year!!! I have noticed that there are more and more people in North and South Carolina, Georga, and Tennessee(sp?)... Lets get you guys to this event!!! It is awesome!!!

Here are some details on the meet:
- Put on by NASIOC every year (5th year now)
- Meet is based out of the BEAUTIFUL mountian region around Fontana Village
- Usually around 70 WRX's show up
- Last year the only SVXi there were Me, Porter, Huck, Stevebsy and Arondale
- Meet is named after the famous strech of road on HWY 129 called "The Dragon" (318 curves in 11.3 miles!!)
- Other Awesome roads in the area include but are not limited to:
*** HWY 28
*** Southern Stretch of HWY 129
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
- I am incharge of planning the activities at the Village and so far we have:
*** Drinking
*** LAN Party on PS2 or Xbox (Gran Turismo 4, Ace Combat 5, HALO, ect.)
*** Bond Fires on Friday and Saturday
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing
*** FREE Whitewater Kiacking(sp?) on Friday morning -- Edit: time and date set at 11:00am on Friday

I will be going up for the entire 5 days. I will be leaving from Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA) some time around 1200 on Wednesday June 1st. If there are any SVX owners that want to come up to the meet on that say, let me know and we can caravan up!! If you want to come up another day, this is the place to look into your caravan options. If interested, PM me and we can work out a driving route that works to meet up!!

I hope to see alot of SVXi there this year... My SVX will be finished by then and will be at the Dragon leading the way for the "Slow Group"... Hope to make a good video this year with all the equipment that I have now... For more information on the meet, you can visit the NASIOC thread on the meet which is located here.

Here are some pics of the years gone by...
The "Subaru Wedding" at the Dragon
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/ba...-groupshot.jpg

Porter's SVX under Bridal Veil Falls
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/sv...fall-small.jpg

Noir 05-09-2005 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Alright guys.... The 5th Annual Dragon meet is now only 3 weeks away!!! I want to get as many SVXi there this year!!! I have noticed that there are more and more people in North and South Carolina, Georga, and Tennessee(sp?)... Lets get you guys to this event!!! It is awesome!!!

Here are some details on the meet:
- Put on by NASIOC every year (5th year now)
- Meet is based out of the BEAUTIFUL mountian region around Fontana Village
- Usually around 70 WRX's show up
- Last year the only SVXi there were Me, Porter, Huck, and Harry
- Meet is named after the famous strech of road on HWY 129 called "The Dragon" (318 curves in 11.3 miles!!)
- Other Awesome roads in the area include but are not limited to:
*** HWY 28
*** Southern Stretch of HWY 129
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
- I am incharge of planning the activities at the Village and so far we have:
*** Drinking
*** LAN Party on PS2 or Xbox (Gran Turismo 4, Ace Combat 5, HALO, ect.)
*** Bond Fires on Friday and Saturday
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing
*** FREE Whitewater Kiacking(sp?) on Friday morning

I will be going up for the entire 5 days. I will be leaving from Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA) some time around 1200 on Wednesday June 1st. If there are any SVX owners that want to come up to the meet on that say, let me know and we can caravan up!! If you want to come up another day, this is the place to look into your caravan options. If interested, PM me and we can work out a driving route that works to meet up!!

I hope to see alot of SVXi there this year... My SVX will be finished by then and will be at the Dragon leading the way for the "Slow Group"... Hope to make a good video this year with all the equipment that I have now... For more information on the meet, you can visit the NASIOC thread on the meet which is located here.

Here are some pics of the years gone by...
The "Subaru Wedding" at the Dragon
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/ba...-groupshot.jpg

Porter's SVX under Bridal Veil Falls
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/sv...fall-small.jpg

Wasn't this Harry, maybe another. Didn't Arondale go? I had a set of keys stolen and my alarm the night before so I was too pissed to go. Have fun dude.

SVXer95 05-09-2005 01:10 PM

I really really really REALLY want to go, but I am afraid it is just too far for me. That, and I can't take the vacation days to get down and back.

RSVX 05-09-2005 01:22 PM

I "Might" be able to swing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th... at worst the 4th and 5th.

Perhaps some other GSP region members would like to caravan up there?

GreenMarine 05-09-2005 01:36 PM

Common Chris :):)... I know some of my friends down here in Beaufort are coming up that weekend... There is really no reason why everyone in South Carolina and North Carolina shouldn't atleast beable to get out there for the weekend :)

RSVX 05-09-2005 01:43 PM

Like I said, the weekend shouldn't be a problem, but seeing as I am contracted to do a job for people that... aren't here to do the job... I can't get the time during the week off. Friday at BEST.

Basically, I am the one stop IT shop guy... yes, I know it sounds like a convenience store, but beleive me, nothing that I have to do for the users is... convenient, to me or them!!

RSVX 05-09-2005 01:55 PM

Is there a code for a discount rate at any of the area hotels? Or is it FFY(Fend for yourself)?

huck369 05-09-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
Like I said, the weekend shouldn't be a problem, but seeing as I am contracted to do a job for people that... aren't here to do the job... I can't get the time during the week off. Friday at BEST.

Basically, I am the one stop IT shop guy... yes, I know it sounds like a convenience store, but beleive me, nothing that I have to do for the users is... convenient, to me or them!!

I'll be there again this year with the XTer's.....3rd-5th

It's a great meet, everyone that has the chance should be there.

Absolutely incredible roads, every one should drive them at least once……and we need the sacrificial Virgin SVX to offer up to the Dragon this year…..last year it was Chris’s….the year before it was Harry’s…….
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...k369/12261.JPG

huck369 05-09-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
Is there a code for a discount rate at any of the area hotels? Or is it FFY(Fend for yourself)?

The Fontana Inn, just tell them you're with the Subaru Group.

RSVX 05-09-2005 02:10 PM

I am really hoping to be there this year, its way too close to miss, especially since I moved out of NJ and missed Reading this year.

My car might be a virgin to the Dragon, but she's coming home in one piece... dammit!

Hope to see you all there.

immortal_suby 05-09-2005 04:51 PM

Not sure if I'll make this one with the baby and all, but I'll give it a shot.

Stevebsy 05-09-2005 05:26 PM

Hey..I was there last year in my SVX

This year the XT is going - high compression EA82 and Megasquirt and intercooler all aboard.

And I'm driving up from Texas this year, so if anyone is going from that direction...let's hear.

Noir 05-09-2005 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevebsy
Hey..I was there last year in my SVX

This year the XT is going - high compression EA82 and Megasquirt and intercooler all aboard.

And I'm driving up from Texas this year, so if anyone is going from that direction...let's hear.

whoa, when did you move to texas? :p

Earthworm 05-09-2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir

Where have you been??

Stevebsy 05-09-2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir

Aug 2004. Got a job, so I had to go. Beats driving a school bus and making $9 an hour where I was...

Now I cross the border every day and work in a border city in Mexico at a large fiberglass products manufacturer. I live about as far south as you can go and not be in Mexico.

You know they still have R12 in Mexico? $8 a can..just smuggle it back with you, not that I would ever do such a thing...but just a thought for you vacationers w/ R12 SVXi