The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EZ Pass and SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20483)

glide 08-06-2004 11:00 AM

EZ Pass and SVX

Do any members have an EZ Pass?
I got one a few months ago and took a couple trips in my outback, worked great and avoided all sorts of traffic. Then I took a trip with the SVX and it didn't register once going through the gates. I have the thing mounted prperly in both cars, but it definitely does not like the SVX.

Has anyone else had any luck or failure with the SVX and EZ Pass?

simonton 08-06-2004 12:05 PM

i was just asking about this.. im guessing the EZ pass is a auto-toll boother payer like the IPass, and from what i hear the SVX windsheild is tinted with some titanium-based tint... which blocks radio signals like the IPass and EZ pass, as well as GPS signals

I think you can get special versions of the EZ pass or IPass that attatch to your liscence plate

n00b on demand 08-06-2004 12:25 PM

The svx has a special windshield and the radar wont detect EZ Pass. You can get a liscence plate thing though. Mounts right on top of it.

RSVX 08-06-2004 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
The svx has a special windshield and the radar wont detect EZ Pass. You can get a liscence plate thing though. Mounts right on top of it.
This is what I have... the EZ Pass site even lists the SVX as one of the cars that require the license plate version...

glide 08-06-2004 01:28 PM

good to know

I think i'll just hold the thing out the window next time I go through.

Thanks guys.

Mr. Pockets 08-06-2004 01:36 PM

Re: good to know

Quote:

Originally posted by glide
I think i'll just hold the thing out the window next time I go through.

Thanks guys.

As I understand it, you can get a ticket for that.

simonton 08-06-2004 02:47 PM

Re: Re: good to know

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

As I understand it, you can get a ticket for that.

can you really??
ive been hangin mine out the sunroof for about a year now

Mr. Pockets 08-06-2004 03:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: good to know

Quote:

Originally posted by simonton

can you really??
ive been hangin mine out the sunroof for about a year now

I can't say for sure - I don't own one. But my brother, who lives on the east coast, does. We used his Cheesy Pass in the SVX once, and had to hold it out the sunroof. He told me that you can get a ticket for doing that. I'm sure it varies state to state, so ask who you have to to find out. :)

NikFu S. 08-07-2004 01:04 AM

Just tape it to the door by the front stationary window.

mikecg 08-07-2004 04:41 AM

oddly enough, my easy pass works OK. I mouned it behind the rear view mirror. I seem to have to slow down more than the posted speed, though. I think because of the angle it doent pick up untill the last second. I also had my windshield recently replaced, so it may not have the same type of tint.

shelfy 08-07-2004 10:20 AM

i just avoid toll roads. :D

RojoRocket 08-07-2004 01:21 PM

Guess this explains why my garage door opener will work from half a block away through the sun-roof, but not til I'm stopped in front of the door when shooting through the glass! Cool!

Glenn

JackieBeans 08-07-2004 04:30 PM

exterior ez-pass

Just like you guys I had issues with my ez pass - they sent me an exterior one - no problems since.

Mr. Bill 08-07-2004 05:10 PM

I'm from Tennessee ... what's a toll road? :confused: :D :D

immortal_suby 08-07-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Bill
I'm from Tennessee ... what's a toll road? :confused: :D :D
the mcdonalds drive thru :p