The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Everybody do this next time you're in your SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53653)

NiftySVX 03-31-2010 06:00 PM

Everybody do this next time you're in your SVX

Hello all,

As I have discussed with some of you I am preparing a list of the most common SVX failures in a so that early next year I can release my prototype SVX WN "tech bulletins" to address some of our issues with the cars.

I would like to include a section on the air conditioner system and I want to get a feel of how many Evaporator and refrigerant temp sensors are going/been replaced. I want to know if this is a regional issue or not.

Simply run the A/C diagnostic (by holding auto and off, then switch ignition to on) and report your codes back, if you wouldn't mind. Those who have "00" or code 13, thanks for your time but no response is needed, as this is a normally operating system.

Please provide the code number being output, and also please reply if you have replaced either of these sensors.

The "hot" codes I am looking for are 15, 25, 14,24.

Thanks and happy cooling.

-Nifty

kwren 04-05-2010 06:52 PM

Re: Everybody do this next time you're in your SVX

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiftySVX (Post 640771)
Hello all,

As I have discussed with some of you I am preparing a list of the most common SVX failures in a so that early next year I can release my prototype SVX WN "tech bulletins" to address some of our issues with the cars.

I would like to include a section on the air conditioner system and I want to get a feel of how many Evaporator and refrigerant temp sensors are going/been replaced. I want to know if this is a regional issue or not.

Simply run the A/C diagnostic (by holding auto and off, then switch ignition to on) and report your codes back, if you wouldn't mind. Those who have "00" or code 13, thanks for your time but no response is needed, as this is a normally operating system.

Please provide the code number being output, and also please reply if you have replaced either of these sensors.

The "hot" codes I am looking for are 15, 25, 14,24.

Thanks and happy cooling.

-Nifty

Thought I would move this up a bit for you in case someone missed it that might could help.:)

Keith:cool:

Coan 04-05-2010 07:36 PM

I did this today and came up with a 13. So looks like I'm in the clear. ;)

NiftySVX 04-05-2010 09:24 PM

Thanks for your help!

reptar_head 04-05-2010 09:48 PM

I did it as well, just got 00. Just thought id put that out there, its not that no one's trying it for ya, our cars just aren't broken :).

Mike621 04-06-2010 08:50 AM

I'm showing a code 31.

redlightningsvx 04-06-2010 01:19 PM

I got 00..........

Crazy_pilot 04-06-2010 04:17 PM

I checked last year and got an all clear. Not sure what I'd get now, I've removed the entire A/C system.

Coan 04-06-2010 08:46 PM

After looking in the how-to documents section, it appears that a code 13 is for "Open/Short In Sunload Sensor Circuit". So my system is not operating normally? Or am I reading that wrong and it needs to flash 13 and 23 for that code?

Freeman 04-06-2010 09:30 PM

Jeez I keep forgetting to do this.. Tomorrow.. Definitely tomorrow..

Crazy_pilot 04-06-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coan (Post 641590)
After looking in the how-to documents section, it appears that a code 13 is for "Open/Short In Sunload Sensor Circuit". So my system is not operating normally? Or am I reading that wrong and it needs to flash 13 and 23 for that code?

I believe it just means that the sun sensor (The little dot beside the windshield blower vent) isn't seeing bright light. Did you check at night/in a garage/in the shade?

Coan 04-06-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 641599)
I believe it just means that the sun sensor (The little dot beside the windshield blower vent) isn't seeing bright light. Did you check at night/in a garage/in the shade?

Oh that makes sense, I did check it in the garage. :)

subarufamily 04-08-2010 11:39 PM

got a "00" all's clear, sorry no help

Freeman 04-09-2010 02:20 PM

I finally did this today and got 00.

That means I passed, right? Do I get a gold star or something? I didn't even study and I passed. Why couldn't tests in high school be like this?

RSVX 04-09-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 642010)
I finally did this today and got 00.

That means I passed, right? Do I get a gold star or something? I didn't even study and I passed. Why couldn't tests in high school be like this?

We will be designing new badges to go next to the STi, Registered, and Classic badges with the "00" code on it to make sure that everyone knows your AC is working just fine.:lol: